Lost 4lbs in a year!!!!!!!!

As I've already lost around 4st most people know I'm dieting by now. I've found it ok 'coming out'. I know what you mean about pressure but I think it effects you much less as you get older. Skin gets a lot thicker with age.

You could cc for the day of the buffet to give you a bit more flexability. I do find sw is much easier at home.

I'm just going to enjoy my birthday meal etc and as long as I don't gain over the month then it's not a problem. Son's girlfriend's Mum died 9 months ago so Mother's day will be a bit of a double edged day.

I made some nice tomato and basil soup today and had some spicy beef stew I made a couple of weeks ago and it had really frozen well. Some things just don't taste the same after they've been frozen but this tasted great, just wish I could remember exactly what I put in it!! I'm a bit of a bung it in and see cook. My great grandmother was Lord Weir's cook so I rely on my genes most of the time, usually they don't let me down but my memory does.:(

Sorry to hear about your son's girlfriend's Mum - all days of celebration must be so hard especially that one :(

I had the OH's chicken chorizo pasta today but no bread and only very small seconds. Also ate no other snacks after dinner so feel ok for day one. I had to look up Lord Weir - how marvellous to have that history in your family - I bet your ggmother had some great tales of the man!
I like to experiment too with cooking - always taste and decide what else you need. Do you have a slow cooker? So handy and lovely for slow cuts of meat and the best lamb shanks .. :drool: .

I did manage to resist more biscuits but couldn't stop eating last night. Free and super free foods but just needed to stuff. Wi this morning and after moving the scales around the bathroom floor a few times settled on 1.5lb down. I have dumped my mini targets because as a person I don't think I respond well to them. As long as I lose something every month that's all that matters or even STS sometimes. Patience, that's another key to success.

I don't have a slow cooker but have been looking at them lately as a present for my daughter. I can't decide between a good one or a cheap one, in case she doesn't use it, and I'm not sure what size would be most useful.

I have also made a ridiculous impulse purchase on ebay. A size 10 swimdress that is probably far too young and frillly for me. I may never be a 10 on top even at my lowest target. Another present for DD?

Well done on the loss - 1.5lb is definitely none too shabby. An F and SF feed is a good response to hunger and an urge - you could have just eaten the rest of those fingers - so well done on a good decision made.

I used to be a terrible one for assumed goals - I used to start a diet basing it on the fact I'd lose 2lb a week every week and buy summer clothes for the day I'd hit goal - planned 1 week before my holiday - stoopid or what!

I've got tonnes of ebay dresses and skirts in size 12 or more meant for the last 2 holidays which I've never fit into. I won't this year either by that time but I should be a 14 and I find that way of thinking less pressurised. I am doing the March Challenge on here though and have set myself an achievable goal of 5lb - I'd be really pleased with that after my stagnation of last month.

Definitely keep the cossie - unless you're one of the unlucky ones and your boobs don't shrink down I reckon you can totally rock it one summer soon :bunnydance:!

I've got the Morphy Richards slow cooker - I think it was around £30 from Robert Dyas at the time Buy Morphy Richards 6.5 Litre Slow Cooker - Stainless Steel at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Slow cookers. . I love mine - brilliant for curries, tagines, stews inc chicken and beef and root veg dishes - basically anything you'd bung in the oven for 2+hours on low you just put on in the morning and it's all done by evening - uses the same electric as a lightbulb Bigger the better size-wise - even though it's just the two of us now - i usually make enough for 4 meals. Have a look in the shop, think about how you'll use it a smaller size might suit. as you can see I love mine! In fact chicken tagine tomorrow - I'll put it on before I go to work - job done :)

Added motivation - I have just booked a couple of nights in Amsterdam for the OH's birthday/belated Christmas present! Just over 5 weeks to go - I would love a half a stone but just 5lb would be wonderful. I know with the hopefully warmer weather I'd like to wear something vaguely springlike rather than hiding in my heavy winter coat and boots.
My fingers are itching to get on ebay - though still a bit chilly for me to be buying swimming cossies! :p

Thanks for the recommendation, I shall go for that one:)

Just back from swimming actually, ladies night on a Monday. Only did about 20 lengths and spent the rest of the time chatting. I start the aquacise on either the 12th or the 19th. I haven't decided which yet. I'm quite pleased at how the exercise lark is going. I'm not doing too much but I'm doing something every day. On Sunday I did some yoga, shockingly stiff compared to how I used to be. Will definately be doing more of it.

Amsterdam will be fun. Which area are you staying in?

Oh swimming - lovely - also sounds like you've got a nice group there too. Does aquascise involve swimming or is it more feet on the pool floor exercise but using the water for resistance? I bet you've discovered muscles you never knew you had!

I am really looking forward to going - it's taking zall my will power to not spill the beans to my OH and ruin the surprise! We're overlooking the canal in the Herengracht area near the Jordaan. Only 4 minutes from a tramline so easily accessible to everywhere - I didn't really want be in the mega-touristy bit.. He's been before on a boys holiday so I want this to be the complete opposite of that!

Good bargain on the slow cooker btw. Also I never bother browning the meat or veg beforehand - that's supposed to be part of the convenience for me - bung it all in and cook. One tip is though carrots and potatoes take far more time to cook than meat - so always put them on the bottom. Also don't lift the lid up! It's not like a saucepan - every lift up adds another 10-15 mins additional cooking time. Most everything comes out nice - my beef massaman is really delicious in there.

I've only done yoga on the wii and am my balance is wobbly so I tend not to do it - bab balance but I guess that will improve it eh?

Today was a lovely sunny day and I was feeling how and sweaty walking up the hill home in my winter coat and it just enforces why I need to get this weight off because I want to feel fit and energetic come the summer not like an old woman I do now.

How are you doing with your pedometer?

The pedometer does encourage me to walk more so it was a good buy. Greek resturant on Sunday for the Mother's Day special so I don't hold out much hope for WI on Monday. How's your no choc for lent going?

I'm sure you'll enjoy Amsterdam. Nice to get away now and then. Hope you get nice weather as it can be a bit chilly.

Aquacise is feet on the pool aerobics, no swimming required.

Just had some bns chips, a cup of hazelnut milk and a crunchie. Feel really stuffed. Technically I'm still on plan as I've only had 15 syns but don't feel it. I know I only ate them because I've had a crap day.

Just had some bns chips, a cup of hazelnut milk and a crunchie. Feel really stuffed. Technically I'm still on plan as I've only had 15 syns but don't feel it. I know I only ate them because I've had a crap day.

That's why you feel bad because you ate them not out of hunger but because of your rubbish day. I get the same even if on plan foods because it's stiill like a bit of a binge - eating because of bad feelings rather than enjoyment.

Out of interest what are the nut milks like? Can you cook with them or anything? You get a whopping 800ml+ as a HeXA of almond milk and I don't see how? Nuts are usually deemed quite calorie dense - are the milks so much lower?

As for the no chocolate thing - that stopped the week I went up 2lb in 2 days after having given up for nearly 2 weeks. I really couldn't see the point in extra deprivation for zero results. I haven't gone bad on choc at all ie I had half a wispa yesterday and the other half today and then probably nothing sweet until Mother's day with my OH's mum. Lucklily for me MD is after weigh in - but it'll just probably be cake ..... I'll have made it so it won't be healthy!

Flexi-syns worked well for you when you were in Edinburgh - may be a useful tool on MD or calorie counting. How would it fit in with WW points system?

I usually use alpro light soya for my porridge and cereal because a bit of soya is good for ladies of a certain age. It's horrid in tea and coffee though so you do need some cows milk too for drinks. The nut milks are good in cereal and ok in coffee but as I don't like them on porridge and tea I find they last too long and I end up drinking them as syns. It's worth trying them for cereals because they do increase your milk allowance and provide different nutrition.

I think I'll just try to go for the best options I can on Mother's day and enjoy it.

I remember my dad drinking soy milk years ago and it tasted like earth! I'm more open to nut milks but even though I know it's "allowed" as a HexA I think that way danger lies and I'll drink it all just because I can. TOM has come a couple of days early which explains why I'm starving hungry ALL the time. Pasta tonight so hoping that quells the beast!

You know what I've done? I've gone and ordered this book: The Hypnotic Gastric Band: Amazon.co.uk: Paul McKenna: Books !

I read about otther success and I'm thinking of giving it a go - still doing SW but just trying to curb the hunger and evening snacking. What d'ya think? Am I bonkers? :eek:

No I don't think you're bonkers at all. The mind is so powerful and overeating is usually 100% psychological that hypnotherapy makes perfect sense.

I'm going to do green when it's a few days before tom so I can have more bread.

Booked the Greek restaurant for Mothers day for me ,dd, and son's gfriend. Son watching all 3 boys.

My OH who said to leave polishing my boots to him as he "has a special technique" has made my natural light tan boots turn the colour of sodding CONKERS :flamingmad: . Remember I said about my new boots - first pair in my entire life that I had to get from DUO to fit my large calves and that cost me a bomb? ..... these are them.
I wear them nearly every day and they just look a hideous red brown shade. He used polish that was 20 YEARS old - that the woman in the house had left when he bought the house! Who does that eh?!!! Not happy - just hoping it looks better in natural light tomorrow.

I'll let you know once my gastric band arrives and I've done the mental gastric band thing and let you know how that pans out. I need a mental health one at the mo to curb my anger!

Back