Lost 4st, almost gained it all back again! Time to start again.

*Emma

Silver Member
Hello everyone! I've been a member of MiniMins since 2011 but I haven't been an active member for quite a while now.

I lost 4st between 2011 and 2014, and although I was still over 2st away from my ultimate target, I felt great. I managed to do it with a combination of SW, healthy eating, and I was playing roller derby at the time, so I was training 3-4 times a week.

I finished studying my PGCE last June and spent the summer traveling round Australia and New Zealand for six weeks, and during that time, I gained a stone and a half. When I came back, I moved from my home town in South Tyneside to Leeds to start my teaching career. I was hoping to lose the weight again, but life kind of took over, and being in a stressful job and a new city made it pretty difficult to find time to exercise and I found myself stuffing my face just to get through the day sometimes.

Now I'm two-thirds of the way through my first year as a teacher, and I've gained almost another stone since getting back from holiday in August. It's time to make a change. My clothes don't fit properly; I don't feel comfortable in anything; and I just feel lazy and demotivated.

I'm going to join SW again tomorrow. I can't put it off any longer, it's definitely time to make a change. I'm hoping to be planning a wedding in the next few months (he's been dropping hints about popping the question), and I'd love to have a baby in the next few years.

I was only successful last time because of the overwhelming friendship and support I found on this forum, so I'm hoping for the same again. I'd love to meet new people to offer mutual support and motivation. I can't wait to get started :)

Welcome back to the forum :) I agree with you about the support on here, I have found it to be brilliant, and have met some lovely people.

You sound pretty determined! Good luck with re-joining SW tomorrow :)

Welcome back!

I know how you feel. I've put a stone and a half back on after a 4 stone loss :( It makes all the work I put into losing weight last time a waste.

And I too am going to start going to SW tomorrow, but for the first time.

Good luck! :)

welcome back poppet.:bighug:

best of luck for your journey. xx

Welcome back! I'm an old member too who's just come back in the last week after gaining what I lost. I feel like it's such a step in the right direction :) GOOD LUCK xx

Hi! Well done for coming back- it seems like there are a few of us in the same boat who have rejoined recently.

Being back on minimins is definitely a big help to me- even just reading other people's posts and seeing their successes are a real inspiration and help me stay motivated.

How are you getting on with being back on the sw bandwagon?

I sympathise with you and wish you luck in your journey to re lose what you put back on and some.

I lost just over two stone when I first jointed SW back in 2006 and maintained my target for several years. Then a major health issue reduced my activity levels to zero. I put back on all that I lost plus another stone on top. I had to have major cardiac surgery too, which meant I put on even more weight after the op. I started food optimising again 6 months after the surgery and so far have dropped 1.5 stone, (it's probably more than that as I didn't get on the scales until I'd been food optimising for a few weeks). I want to lose another 1.5 stone to get to target. Sadly I can't get to group. But I wish you luck. I'm sure you'll get back into the swing of things and start losing again once you are focussed both through here and through SW group sessions.

Good luck!

Welcome back

You've done it before and you can do it again

Personally I think that even when I get to target I'll have to continue going to group - to stop bad habits creeping back in

Hi Emma, welcome back to SW and minimins :)

You certainly aren't alone, there are a lot of us here who have lost, regained, and trying to lose again. I lost 5 stone in 2011, put 2st back on, lost it again since rejoining in Jan this year and now trying to get another 4st off lol

we come back to SW because we know it works, you did it once, you can do it again :)

Hi Emma. Welcome back to Mini's. This is my third time doing SW. Crazy but true! :D At least, we're all in the same boat so good luck and look forward to seeing your posts.

Kathy :)

Hi everyone, thanks for the replies!

So I joined my group tonight. I was a bit nervous to see the weight on the scale, and also a little nervous because last time I joined a group in 2011/12, I didn't feel like I fitted in and didn't really talk to anyone during the 8 weeks or so that I attended. I stopped going purely because I didn't feel like I fitted in and I managed to lose the weight on my own following the plan at home.

But I needn't have worried - the consultant was so friendly and three other ladies were new too, so it was all really nice and relaxed. I was a little heavier than I thought I'd be, but it's not much of a surprise. I'm feeling really excited and determined to succeed after sitting through IMAGE therapy, and I can't wait to go food shopping to pick up all the exciting new speed foods (things have changed a bit since I last went, but it seems so much simpler now!)

Hope you're all doing well. I think I'll create a diary in the next couple of days once I've got started tomorrow so please feel free to follow that when it appears :)

I am glad group was better for you this time- i have always found that group can make such a difference to my motivation and focus. I have never been able to lose weight when i try on my own. I even got to target once and maintained for a year still going to group and then when i stopped started gaining again. I ended up gaining back 5.5st of the 9 i originally lost. Since being back in a group i have lost 7.5lb in 2 weeks and am determined to keep going to hit target again.

Back