Lost 8 stone in order to adopt

lunar jim

Gold Member
Not me! Lol

With me working from home I earwigged the local BBC news which Mrs L was watching in the front room. A lady tried to adopt but being 20 stone she was turned down. She then lost 8 stone in 8 months. When asked how she did it she said 'Cambridge Diet'.

Good for her!

Hurrah! Good for her!

Yay!
Thats exactly why I'm here, had to lose weight to proceed with the adoption process!!
(wasn't me on telly tho!!)

Hope she gets her child soon.....certainly deserves it after determination and loss like that!

It's funny you mention this - I always get excited when I see people from CD on tv!!! lol

Just shows it can be done!

p.s If only Fern (GMTV) had discovered this before her gastric band and lies that followed! lol

Hugs x x x

Lets hope they let her adopt after her weight loss, good luck to herx
x

i didnt know they could turn you down for adoption because of your weight! i guess it's a health thing but it stil kinda annoys me. being overweight doesn't make you a bad person or less able to be a great parent!

i didnt know they could turn you down for adoption because of your weight! i guess it's a health thing but it stil kinda annoys me. being overweight doesn't make you a bad person or less able to be a great parent!

I know :( Lots of thin people are rubbish parents!

it really p1sses me off, this demonisation of the overweight. every time you turn around you are confronted with another story or study or tv show. its the current national obsession i think. sorry for the rant!

They say it's cos the child has already lost 1 family and being overweight you are at more risk of dying young so they wouldn't place a child with you as they may lose another family!!
OF course none of us could get run over by a bus tomorrow.......

Good for her!!

Thanks for posting Jim! It's so nice to see some real Positive press involving CD for a change! I hope that she has a very happy life with her little boy!

"I went to bed fat and woke up skinny"
To lose all that weight and look back as though it came off in the blink of an eye puts the journey in perspective. Being without food feels like an age when you are going through it but in a lifetime it is nothing.
Such a positive lady.

My journey was to enable me to have IVF which is sort of the same thing as you cant have that if your overweight either. Glad to report i did it and have my consultant appointment tomorrow am so excited!!!!!!!xxx

Heh, turns out it's a small world; I've just been speaking to my CDC as I've had to cancel my WI tomorrow. Apparently she goes to see my CDC :D

Hopefully she can do the same for me ;)

Back