Lost all form of focus!!

Oh bless honey :(
I had a bad weekend, full of alcohol, no food luckily though but even so.. i'm not in ketosis.
Its just about getting back into the right mind set, which you will.. SS+ may be best for you as you still have that little bit of food allowance :) x

Oh bless honey :(
I had a bad weekend, full of alcohol, no food luckily though but even so.. i'm not in ketosis.
Its just about getting back into the right mind set, which you will.. SS+ may be best for you as you still have that little bit of food allowance :) x

Just a little reminder that why it is not recommended to drink alcohol while doing CWP.

DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL IF YOU ARE KETOTIC!
Alcohol is a powerful inhibitor of gluconeogenesis. In fact, it forces part of the gluconeogenic metabolic process into reverse. This means that if all the glucose in the blood is being derived from gluconeogenesis then the consumption of alcohol will inevitably cause the blood glucose level to fall. Worse still, the alcohol also stops ketone body production, thus leaving the brain entirely without fuel.
A person who is ketotic is 100% reliant on gluconeogenesis to maintain adequate levels of glucose in the blood. If, under these circumstances alcohol is taken, the person will become disorientated and might lose consciousness, not just from the alcohol, but from low blood sugar. Needless to say, this could be very dangerous, and even fatal.
Alcohol does not have these effects if the glycogen stores in the liver are normal. Under these circumstances the blood glucose level in the blood is maintained by the breakdown of liver glycogen, a process that is not influenced by alcohol. If a person becomes confused under these circumstances it is due simply to the pharmacological effects of the alcohol! http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...ation/26311-dangers-alcohol-when-ketosis.html

Just can't focus on the diet, I've decided to do SS+ from today.

I've stayed the same for the last 2wks 17:4 :(

On the positive side of things you have done very well to stay the same as often what happens on a vlcd is that when you lose direction and eat carbs as often happens and you can easily gain back what you lost in the first week as the glycogen stores become overloaded.

Remember if you have a lot of weight to lose it is going to take time even though it would be lovely to be able to unzip the fat suit and just walk out of it and leave it all behind. It takes time to lose weight even on a vlcd and one of the hardest parts I find myself is breaking old habits that have not served me well. Like most people I find weekends very trying but instead of beating myself up when I fail I look at it as a learning experience and with CWP Steps all is not lost has it is flexible and provides you with options...I myself just have to work on which step I am meant to be in:p

We have 27 weeks until Christmas and so much can be achieved between now and then and I know I want to start the New Year with a healthy BMI...ask yourself what it is you would like.:confused:

What I say to myself is that it's hard being fat and it's hard to diet...choose your hard.

Recently I was feeling down and the weather was not helping and I remembered how I use to enjoy My Virtual Model so I went over to the site the other night and was playing with My Virtual Model Weight Loss Simulator and it made me see the difference on my virtual models what one or two stone weight loss looks like...not to mention 9 stone...I have lost 31lbs this year and I was feeling frustrated with myself and when I saw the difference on my virtual models I was very surprised for even though I am in smaller jeans it can be so difficult to see it in ourselves at times. On My Virtual Model weight Simulator you can put in your starting weight on one model and your goal weight on the other to compare and turn them around so that you can see them from different angles.

Home | My Virtual Model - Technology that outfits

I wasn't in ketosis when drinking alcohol, but thanks :)

Back