Lost & Found... Map Gone AWOL!

I'm glad too... I thought it would be OK but wanted to test the theory!

Sun 21st June

Brekky: porridge, berries, 0% greek yog
snack: 2 small bits sprouted wheat bread, peanut butter, 1/4 banana sliced
lunch: 2 quorn fillets, asparagus, broccoli, wholegrain roll and butter
snack: CD bar
tea: wholemeal pitta, 3 falafel, spoon of hummus, chopped feta, green salad

Badly want something sweet... bit of a sweet-craving day.

xxx

On the bread. Sprouted wheat bread is the weirdest thing. it contains nothing but sprouted wheat... whatever that is! It is a small loaf, squarish, with heavy moist texture and a sweet taste. A slice is small, just a bit bigger than an oatcake but obviously thicker & square. With peanut butter and banana slices on top it tastes quite treat-like, good with a coffee or herb tea. I love it. It's made by sunnyvale & our health shop stocks it.

xxx

Now that's an interesting combination. I will look out for the sprouted bread - hope it's not got any sprouts in it though!!*

I quite like rye bread. It's very dense and seems to agree with me much better than wheat.

*Apologies to the CD sprout lovers.

Well I love sprouts but this is something else totally. Like you I love different kinds of bread, fear ordinary bread a little, and do genuinely like the more solid breads like rye. This IS obviously wheat but doesn't taste anything like conventional bread, really sticky and rich, almost like a tea-bread. I definitely recommend it.

xxx

Katy, catching up again with your thread. You are doing really well. :)

Great to hear from you Dis. As you'll have noticed, I have stepped back from the team, felt it fairer that someone else could have that place as I wasn't checking in much anyway. Send my love to the others! You are doing brilliantly Dis, your ticker is racing away! Cloudy start in Galloway today, someone said the hot weather will be back this week... I hope so! Big hugs honey.

xxx

hey katy, just wanna say 'hi' and have a fab day hunny

xx

Thanks Katy.
Cloudy start in Galloway today, someone said the hot weather will be back this week... I hope so! Big hugs honey.

xxx

I hope so too - we are heading down there on Friday for a week. Looking forward to visiting a few places incl Castle Douglas & Threave Garden, Port Patrick, Kirkcudbright - it's really nice there.

Blimey, we could have met up for a skinny latte, but i am away from Friday for two weeks on another work trip... UK this time, phew. In Castle Douglas, I recommend Designs- great gifty stuff & yummo food, but maybe that is NOT a good thing! Hope sun shines on you, maybe we should meet up one day when you are at goal in Ayr or something.

Hope you have a WONDERFUL hol and enjoy every minute!

xxx

Blimey, we could have met up for a skinny latte, but i am away from Friday for two weeks on another work trip... UK this time, phew. In Castle Douglas, I recommend Designs- great gifty stuff & yummo food, but maybe that is NOT a good thing! Hope sun shines on you, maybe we should meet up one day when you are at goal in Ayr or something.

Hope you have a WONDERFUL hol and enjoy every minute!

xxx

Thanks. :)

Yeah, it would be nice to meet up sometime in Ayr or down in Dumfries & Galloway when l'm down there again.

Hope you have a great trip.

It's a date... have a fab holiday!!

xxx

Hi Hun

Just wanted to say firstly well done on still doing sooo well! For some reason I've really taken a few steps back from the CD and CD100% forum and am really spending a lot of time reading through the maintenance posts over here now. I guess being so much higher up than SS, it seems a bit strange being on the CD 100% forum in particular even if I am follow the plan 100%. It's really nice to come on here and read people's maintenance diaries who have got there and have so much more experience than me, so kinda know where I'm headed, even in the tough times.

Also wanted to say thank you for the lovely things you said on Jess's thread, very sweet of you. Not sure I'll ever have a bikini moment (not with all post baby and post obesity stretch marks etc - but maybe with a massive spray tan lol!...one day:rolleyes:)

Just starting to upload lots of old clothes and toys etc onto ebay, (amongst lots of other things) - Anything to make some pennies at the mo!

Well done for everything you have achieved, and are achieving every day, because it's people like me that you're the inspiration to :) xx

Mon 22 June

snack: CD hot choc
lunch: 2 quorn fillets, wholemeal pitta, green salad
snack: latte & plain scone (scone rating: 2/10, so NOT worth it, when will I learn?)
tea: 2 boiled eggs, two wholegrain rolls with butter

Bit of a running around day. Coffee with a friend, no biccies, fetched OH from station, he had lunch in tesco cafe... that's where I had the scabby scone & latte. Lunch & tea were yummy though.

xxx

Mon 22 June

lunch: 2 quorn fillets, wholemeal pitta, green salad
snack: latte & plain scone (scone rating: 2/10, so NOT worth it, when will I learn?)
tea: 2 boiled eggs, two wholegrain rolls with butter

Bit of a running around day. Coffee with a friend, no biccies, fetched OH from station, he had lunch in tesco cafe... that's where I had the scabby scone & latte. Lunch & tea were yummy though.

xxx

Scabby scone - sounds delightful :D Have you tried their cooked breakfasts - if they're anything like the ones down here they're the epitome of scabbyness :sign0137:

Well done for resisting the biccies with your coffee xx

Morrisons down here do an amazing cooked breakfast! I know this is slightly off topic but couldn't not give it a shout out. Its your fault Serena lol!! x

Tues 23 June

OK... planned to eat less bread today, as noticed there is alot of bread in my meals and I was longing for a different carb. Sadly, haven't managed that today!

snack: 1 bit sprouted wheat bread, peanut butter
lunch: 2 x quorn fillets, I wholemeal pitta, 2 tomatoes, big green salad
tea: 1 wholegrain roll & butter with 3/4 tub lowfat cottage cheese

Yummy choices and fab sunny day... but tomorrow I need to phase out the bread a bit!

xxx

Last edited:
Hi Katy,

Just flicked back a couple of pages on your postings and can see you eat a lot of quorn fillets. I am veggie and am used to using quorn pieces and mince in spag bol and chilli - with lots of high carb rice / pasta etc. Can I ask what you do with your quorn fillets to make them tastier? Need to steer clear of carbs, as I am rubbish with portion control of pasta/rice.
Just about to move from SS and start on a couple of weeks of 810 then a couple at 1000 and really struggling with ideas. Checked the 810 board, but lots of meaty ideas.
Quite maintenance scared to be honest!
Thanks
X

Hi Count... I am veggie too, I agree there are not many veggie ideas but there are some on the stickys somewhere! On 810, which I did for MONTHS (lost 2 stone on 810) I ate mostly quorn chicken pieces and quorn swedish balls (not sure if they were allowed strictly but hate the texture of the mince). I would have them as a stir fry, with broccoli, cauli, cabbage, sprouts, spinach etc, often with 1/3 tin of toms (not allowed but they made a sort of sauce) and chilli or stock for flavour. Sometimes I would have veg with cottage cheese stirred through it, and occasionally had broccoli or cauli with a tofu & skim milk creamy sauce.

From 1000 up you can have egg and feta cheese too, and more sorts of quorn. I like the fillets and sausages in a wholegrain roll, or in a pitta bread, and I am happy to have them plain with maybe chilli sauce or red sauce on them, with salad. To be honest I was never into quorn before but now I love it (well, some of it!) and make sure I have protein with every meal.

I am not a great cook, and don't have the patience for complicated recipes or marinating things... but quorn is fab. The fillets, burgers, sausages and swedish balls do have some taste of their own. Tried the beef flavour chunks today (OH & kids had them) but I didn't like them.

Don't be scared of maintenance hon, it's where the big lessons are and is fun too.

xxx

Back