Lost half a stone, no can't seem to lose any more

srcnix

Hi guys and girls.

Been on my diet and exercise course for almost a month now and for the past week I haven't seemed to have lost any weight.

It's getting to me a bit because ideally by June I want to have got rid of my belly and be fitter. I was losing about 2 pounds a week before and none this week.

A little about me and my diet.

Food:
Breakfast: 3 times a week Muesli to help me poop. Other days Oats, or a banana or something alike.
Snack: Banana
Lunch: Tuna, sweetcorn and rice and for pudding an apple
Snack: Apple
Dinner: Either chicken and veg or fish and veg - Fridays usually something totally different to give my metabolism a bit of a boost.

Exercise:
Mondays, Wednesdays and either Fridays or over the weekend - Cardo workout, usually about 500 - 550 calories on cross trainer, bike and usually about 20 minutes HIIT training on the treadmill which totals about 45 minutes to an hour exercise.

As mentioned, my weight doesn't seem to be going down but my man boobs have gone, which is a bonus, only realised this last night.

I am wondering if this could be because the muscles in my legs are growing and therefore my weight isn't dropping as I expected it to as muscle weighs more than fat.

Also, worth mentioming. I was on diet pills for three weeks of this (when I lost the weight) and decided I do not want to use them anymore so gave them up last Wednesday evening. Since then I have lost no weight whats so ever.

Also forgot to mention that I am 21, 5ft 10" and originally weighed 12 stone 12 pounds and now weigh 12 stone 5 pounds.

Hi scrnix,

:welcome:

Also, worth mentioming. I was on diet pills for three weeks of this (when I lost the weight) and decided I do not want to use them anymore so gave them up last Wednesday evening. Since then I have lost no weight whats so ever.

I would hazard a guess that the diet pills would have something to do with it as your body would need to stabilise again after taking diet pills.

You have done very well not to of gained any weight this week, which often happens.

I was losing about 2 pounds a week before and none this week

It is natural to have some weeks when you lose no weight at all, but it is often the case that you will notice the inches coming off during this time I have found.

As mentioned, my weight doesn't seem to be going down but my man boobs have gone, which is a bonus, only realised this last night.

This is a very good as it shows that your hormones are in balance in your body and that your liver is working well.

Belly fat is very difficult to shift and takes longer, just give it time.

Brisk walking has been shown to be one of the best forms of exercise in shifting belly fat.

Which reminds me, it is lovely here today and I am off out now for a brisk walk:)

Your BMI is 24.8 which puts you in the normal weight category!

http://www.minimins.com/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=31557
Well done:happy096:

BMI at the same time is a guide and a lot of course depends on size of frame and fitness level.

You are about the same height as my husband, he has a small frame and lowish fitness level and likes to keep his weight around 11 and 11 1/2 stone and this allows him some lee way to fluctuate up and down in this bracket.

Your diet is very similar to my husbands and he has been maintaing his weight now for a year and half now.:)

Check out Kate's thread as she is excellent on fitness.

http://www.minimins.com/fitness-exercise/7404-toning-spot-reduction.html

How are you on the water front? Regardless of diet water is very important and so many find it difficult to drink enough.:tear_drop:

Love Mini xxx

Thanks for the reply Mini, much appreciate it.

I tend to drink between 4 and 8 pints of water a day. I always have water in front of me, it's just a case of forgetting to drink it because, with my job, I am too into what I am working on.

Thanks again.

Hi, your diet sounds healthy, but unless those are some big portions you're eating, it's too low in calories, which would explain why you have reached a plateau after 3 weeks.

Have you spoken to anyone at the gym about a programme? I would be trying to persuade you to eat more, and to lift some weights along with your cardio.

Good news guys,

I've now lost another pound. So in 1 month (as of tomorrow) I have lost 8 pounds on the Weight Watchers diet and exercise.

I've decided not to go along with the VLC diets as at the moment this diet plan seems to be working for me.

January: 8 pounds lost

I think that's pretty good and I can't wait to watch the rest of the weight fall off me. Two more stone to go, so around 4 months and I should be where I want to be, ready for resistance training.

Thanks for the wise words everyone.

8lbs is really good for a month! The slower it comes off, the more likely it is to stay off! Stick around and let us know how you get on.

8lbs is really good for a month! The slower it comes off, the more likely it is to stay off! Stick around and let us know how you get on.

Oh I will, don't worry.

I was more in a panic yesterday about not having lost any weight for a week but now that I've gone down that extra pound all is working out.

Bring on the flatter tummy!

Not that you want to know every time I lose a pound but weighed myself last night to find out I am another pound lighter. So in exactly 1 month I have lost 9 pounds on Weight Watchers and exercise and now Chinese green tea. 26 pounds to go by June. Roll on Download Festival and a flat ish stomach.

Hell friggin' yeah!

Congratulations and well done!!!

9lbs. is excellent:happy096:

Love Mini xxx

Well done on the fab loss and the dedication!

To be honest, with your height / weight / BMI, I wouldn't be getting too concerned about what the figure on the scales say and concentrate on your fitness / gym work. As someone advised, you might like to look into getting a lot more resistance work into your regime (weights) as it's muscle that burns the fat. Cardio is great but resistance builds the engines that burn the fuel! It'll also give your body great definition and shape.

No matter what the numbers say on the scales, it's what you see in the mirror and feel like in your clothes that really counts at this stage.

Well done on the fab loss and the dedication!

To be honest, with your height / weight / BMI, I wouldn't be getting too concerned about what the figure on the scales say and concentrate on your fitness / gym work. As someone advised, you might like to look into getting a lot more resistance work into your regime (weights) as it's muscle that burns the fat. Cardio is great but resistance builds the engines that burn the fuel! It'll also give your body great definition and shape.

No matter what the numbers say on the scales, it's what you see in the mirror and feel like in your clothes that really counts at this stage.

I understand what you're saying but I plan to get down to a certain size in terms of my belly and then work on weights to build muscle. With my understanding with building muscles you need to have a surplus amount of calories in, and lots of protein to help develop your muscles but when losing weight you need a calorie deficit. This can't work well at the same time.

It works very well at the same time. Working the muscles is the key to burning the fat. I think what you're referring to is the intense 'pumping iron' type of building muscle whereas I'm talking about resistance exercise which works and develops the muscles in a less intense way. I'm not saying abandon the diet - and I'm not saying abandon the cardio ... just that a good programme of weights would chivvy things along.

When I was a gym bod up North, I'd do cross training with almost equal amounts of time devoted to both cardio and weights. I lost 6st in a year which is not an amazingly dramtic loss but I had a better shaped 'frame' for my skin to sit on than if I had just gone for diet and cardio alone.

You can lose fat AND do resistance training alongside each other; you'll lose the belly just the same. Once you've done that, you can then decide if you want to build them up further and that would be under the guidance of a trainer who would be able to tell you what programme you'd need to follow and what foods you'd need.

I have to agree with Kate and Russiandoll on the weight training. Cardio only burns fat while you are doing it and for a short period after. Whereas muscle is always burning fat. More muscle means a faster metabolism.

Back