Lost the love

Sarah-Jayne

Gold Member
Hey all.

I'm starting to lose the love and motivation for SW. Ive been doing it for so long that it's just a way of life now and it doesnt excite me anymore. Ive tried everything to re-motivate me like starting from scratch, back to basics, having a good variety of meals, tried different plans etc but i'm just not getting into it. Due to this ive started having an off-plan day once a week because I just 'cant be bothered' anymore! I dont feel good about having off-plan days but then again I dont feel good when I am having on-plan days either. Due to the 'once a week off-plan days' I feel like im putting weight on, even if i'm good during the week. Just feels like my body is getting used to the way I eat and i'm putting weight on. I just dont know what to do about it. I'm too scared to try any other plan as SW is drummed into my mind too much and i'm scared of putting more weight on.

Has anyone else been like this before, if so, what did you do about it?

I see you are a target member. Do yo still go to group, and if so have you had a word with your c?

I dont think i'm a target member anymore. I dont go to class anymore either as I can't afford it. I reckon if I go back I will be out of range and have to pay xx

Hi there

Im no where near target but I started SW just over 1 year ago -and Im still loving it and enjoying it :D
I keep things shook up by doing (like you mentioned) swapping plans etc-but Im pretty much red every day now. I also decided to try a "carb curfew" a few weeks ago -which works great for me so its now permanent . As of Today Im tweaking things again by trying out some small alterations after reading a Jillian Michaels book (she of biggest loser/30 day shred fame ;))
Really Im trying to fine tune my eating now as I have the SW ingrained in my head now..so these extra bits are to try and get as much nutrition as possible..
So far I have really not had 1 "bored of it" day...
Perhaps, you could try something similar..

Have you got another goal in mind? For example a sporting event?

Sometimes it helps to have something to focus on, especially when you can see a noticeable difference in performance in your chosen sport when you are eating properly.

Erm, mainly white bread, pizza, chips, chocolate etc, that kind of thing! Im back on track tomorrow, im going to nail this thing. Well, try anyway!

i personally think this is the least restrictive and most varied plan there is, so if you were to switch to another eating plan i think it wouldn't be long before it got repetitive or boring etc. also if i went 'off plan' .....which i did, but for an evening the other week, i proper stuffed myself with all the things we should only have in moderation and the next day i felt absolutly shocking, in fact it was for a few days after. even my usual exercise was even more hard work cos my stomach was in knots.
if i have a bad day i think back to where i was 9 months ago and where i am now. and how bad i would feel if i were to slip back to where i started, i would be devastated which is why i am determined to make this work, for me, sw is for life. most diets i've done before were quick fixes, we all know the like....including the slimming pills.
i am sure you will find a way to get back into it, don't make it the forefront of your day, make a weekly plan so theres less to think about day to day. at the end of the day, sw is healthy eating with some naughties thrown in for good measure, that can't be frowned at. make a plan, and get back on track, you can do it ;)

I think it's because we spend so much time longing to be at target when we actually get there we don't know what to do. The excitement is short lived and we have nothing to focus on anymore. It's like when you get married. You spend so long planning the day and the anticipation and excitement builds, then a day or 2 afterwards you have an "empty" feeling as it's all over. Try and find something else to focus on, like the sporting suggestion or give your house a makeover, book a weekend away, start a project, anything to get you excited about life again and hopefully you'll just slip back into the old SW eating way and then focus on whatever new exciting adventure is about to occur :)

NumNumPigsBum said:
I think it's because we spend so much time longing to be at target when we actually get there we don't know what to do. The excitement is short lived and we have nothing to focus on anymore. It's like when you get married. You spend so long planning the day and the anticipation and excitement builds, then a day or 2 afterwards you have an "empty" feeling as it's all over. Try and find something else to focus on, like the sporting suggestion or give your house a makeover, book a weekend away, start a project, anything to get you excited about life again and hopefully you'll just slip back into the old SW eating way and then focus on whatever new exciting adventure is about to occur :)

Got to agree whats been said here. Do you feel like youve lost some of the desire to stick to plan having lost a lot? I know its a such a naff saying but the best way is to think of sw as a way of life, diet or no diet. If youre pretty happy with your weight and not looking to lose you could try things like upping the hex and maybe having a few extra syns a day as a way of trying to include more of what youre missing. Or maybe limiting going off plan to one off plan meal or evening a week. I personally think you may get away with this if youre looking to maintain.

Erm, mainly white bread, pizza, chips, chocolate etc, that kind of thing! Im back on track tomorrow, im going to nail this thing. Well, try anyway!

What is the weight watchers bread which is classed as hexb, smash pizza & SW chips, low syn choc, :D it is poss to eat yummy foods & loose weight.

Thanks all, some really good comments and ideas there.
It's Monday and im going to give today all ive got. Im going to really try today without placing too much pressure on myself.

I completely understand where you are coming from SJ.
I've been on SW for 4 years, was at target for ages and ages before I few holidays in close succession put me out of target and I've been there ever since.
I do everything the others suggest, I vary the plans, I cook different meals, I do "back to basics" but sometimes I just can't help but sabotage it.

I know as well as anyone that you can have whatever you want and that it's a way of life and not a diet BUT there is no substitute for a big fresh white crusty loaf and butter or a proper pizza (who wants one slice for 10 syns at least!) and sometimes I just want some chips in the pub and not a jacket potato!

Again, it's easy to fit these things into the plans by having a flexi day (and not expect a loss that week) but I'm just trying to say that I know what you are going through.

I have tried for a long time to get out of "maintaining" mode and back into "dieting" mode. Yes, SW is a healthy way of eating for life, but in my opinion (and experience) there are two types of SW - maintenance and diet and I find it incredibly hard to switch between the two.

Back