Lots of reasons...

elbsmith

I am starting this diary as an experiment as to whether it will help me to stay on track. This isn't my first VLCD but I am hoping it is my last. I find it hard to ask family and friends for support so am I hoping doing this will give me the motivation to succeed. My 1st day will be on Monday so I am using the weekend to prepare.

My Goals so far....
To complete 1 day
To complete 3 days
To complete 1 week
To lose my first stone

Planned days off
14th December 2012Christmas Lunch with work
23rd December 2012 1st Wedding Anniversary
25th December 2012 Christmas Day
2nd February 2013 Jens Hen do
23rd February 2013 Jens Wedding

I want to lose as much as possible by May 2013 as I have my belated Honeymoon booked for then. I would like to feel comfortable on a beach.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I really struggle to get past day 3 normally.

So I am prepared for tomorrow. I have planned:
Shake for breakfast,
salad and chicken for lunch (all weighed and ready),
Bar for late afternoon snack
Shake for early evening

Is it weird that I am looking forward to starting x

Good luck with it hun, having a diary really helps. Keep checking in, have your water always at hand

Xx

So day 1 is going well apart from the shock I got when I stepped on the scales this morning. I am the biggest I have ever been....but I am using this as motivation as I will never see this number again. X

Yayy day one done. I am confident about tomorrow. It's day 3 that worries me...cooking for 15 teenagers without eating anything. X

So day 2 was good and I am nearly through day 3. Send me lots of will power for the hours of 7pm and 9pm. I will be so disappointed if I don't do it x

Thank you and I did do it. Had a near miss though put some food in my mouth but then spat it out...I'm so graceful! I'm hoping after day 3 it will get easier.

Hope everyone else had a good day x

So far so good on day 4. I know I should but had a check on the scales this morning and I am down pounds yayyy x

Great start! You should be in ketosis very soon if you're not already, from then on it gets loads easier! Anyway you've achieved your first two goals already!
Have you got a plan for your "off-plan" days? Will you be low-carbing, just eating whatever you want for one meal with shakes for the rest of the day, or just going wild?!? Good to have it really clear in your head, in my experience its much easier to get on with it afterwards if you've stuck to some kind of plan (whatever it is) on your days off!
Good luck
LED x

Yes I am in ketosis according to the sticks! (I know a lot of people don't agree with them but I like them)

I am planning on doing low carb days when I have a planned day off. I think that will make it easier to go back to sns the next day. If I allow myself to eat what I like I know it will encourage me to make it a bad week, then a bad month and so on!

I just keep reminding myself this isn't forever

X

So that's day 5 nearly done. I ordered the Atkins book today to read as I thought I would follow that on my planned days off. Looking forward to the weekend. X

I had my first official weigh in (as I want to weigh in on the same day as my husband) and after 5 days I have lost 6.5 pounds nearly 7 but I had to round down as I want to weight in full and half pounds only. Very happy and I just need to continue.

To celebrate I have just had my brows done. Love having HD brows you can't beat it x

Back