Lots of weight to loose

hadgy

Feel free to add me on FB
Hiya :wavey::sign0144:

I have about 10 stone to loose :( so i think this is the place to be :D

I wish id have done it sooner but there have been lots of things that have got in the way of worrying about me :confused: but i am determined so i hope this will be my time :)

Bye for now :wavey:

I had a good first day yesterday i very motivated despite a few problems at home that would usually make me comfort eat :rolleyes: going well so far today just had a nice bowl of soup for lunch and feel full ;)

Think that's more than half the battle. Not digging into food when dealing with difficult situations. It's like retraining the brain - power to ya.

Hi Hadgy,
Thought I'd say hello as I too am at the beginning of a 10 stone plus journey, but doing OK so far! It does seem like a long way but so long as we tackle bit by bit we can do it in the end! 1/2 a stone at a time for me, I just keep telling myself only 7 lbs, you can do that no probs! Can't wait until I can start to feel it and see it!
Is the dog on your avatar yours - v cute! We have three four-legged fur balls in our house to keep us busy! One of my incentives is to be able to walk them for hours (instead of a quick 15 minute walk with 15 mins of ball chucking in the middle so they run while I rest!!)xx

Hi Hadgy,
Thought I'd say hello as I too am at the beginning of a 10 stone plus journey, but doing OK so far! It does seem like a long way but so long as we tackle bit by bit we can do it in the end! 1/2 a stone at a time for me, I just keep telling myself only 7 lbs, you can do that no probs! Can't wait until I can start to feel it and see it!
Is the dog on your avatar yours - v cute! We have three four-legged fur balls in our house to keep us busy! One of my incentives is to be able to walk them for hours (instead of a quick 15 minute walk with 15 mins of ball chucking in the middle so they run while I rest!!)xx

It does feel a long way off but i know it will get easier when clothes begin to feel different and look better and i begin to feel healther :D Good luck to you, i am finding this forum so friendly and motivating something that i have never had with other diets ;)
Yes she is mine shes a Chihuahua doesn't like to walk for more than 10 mins little cowbag :8855: luckly i have another dog a Dachshund cross who will walk further luckly :) id love another but need to find a job and get our house and garden up together first :sigh:

Hey girls just popping by to wish u all the best.. Stay positive ... If u do find it difficult along the way .. Put it aside and carry on...

Have a fab weekend

Precious x

Hey girlies! :)
I also have 10 stone to lose and am just cuttin out and trying to exercise what r u doing ?
Well done on ur weight loses already xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Im doing Weightwatchers and but i am not weighing every week as don't want to get disheartened if i stay the same or put on so going to aim to weigh monthly (mainly to make sure my points are correct) and measure every month :) i go on the kinect and walk the dog for exercise but im thinking as i loose more weight i will become more confident and maybe try and gym and go swimming :D

Day 5 going well having a Saturday night treat of Chinese tonight but just chicken chow mein before it would have been chow mein and lots of other stuff :( been trying to drink tea with no sugar and then with sweetner but really not enjoying it so going to just go back to my normal 2 sugars and point them :rolleyes: (i only drink about 3 cups a day anyway lol)

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend? :)

I think that's a really good idea, to only weigh and measure once a month....... wish I could do that :eek: I'm a bugger for jumping on the scales every day but I've tried really hard for the last couple of weeks to only do it once a week (I weigh in on a Monday) but temptation got the better of me on Friday morning and on I popped........ to discover I'd stayed the same from last Monday. Gutted :cry: Hoping this Monday shows a loss...... even just 1lb, as long as it's gone down!

Good luck on your journey, you sound absolutely like your head is in the right place and that's more than half the battle in my opinion :)

I too have to work hard not be a slave to the scales! This time I seem to be OK, and am sticking to just once a week - so far!!
I'm not really doing too much in terms of formal exercise, just trying to generally move more at the moment (all the cheesy stuff that you always read like walking down the office instead of emailing, finding excuses to go up and down the stairs and home) and walking the dogs when I can. Feeling good today as did a good 40 minute walk through the woods, the weather getting better helps! Not long now until it'll be light enough to start walking properly in the evenings again! I'd love to go swimming but not brave enough to expose this body to the unsuspecting, unprepared public!!!

Enjoy your Chinese Claire, sounds yummy! We're having a 'normal' dinner but with a ice cream sundae type thing for a treat afterwards!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend xx

Yeah....and I do enjoy swimming too, it's just getting from the changing room & into the pool that I panic about. xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have started swimming again too, I go with my husband. Worst bit is walking around in swimmers but got a cozi with a skirt type thing - which helps. :)

Hey ladies.
I'm starting swimming this week, sooo nervous! Xxxx
Good luck :D

I had a good weekend,i did have the chow mein on Saturday night but i did not enjoy it one bit and felt so full after i don't think ill bother again :rolleyes:
Having a few problems at home so feeling a bit demotivated today :cry: but i know one thing i can control is my eating so i shall keep the fruit handy and kettle boiled for hot drinks :sigh:

Well i am very happy with how todays gone considering i felt rubbish this morning :D had a nice bubble bath and painted my nails and felt alot better after :) my tummy is making lots of rumbling noises now and its ready for it tea :8855: but have managed to just have breakie,lunch and a apple today so left me a few points to have a skinny cow icecream later and a couple of rich teas with my cuppa at bedtime :D

Well Done Shabbs :D

I just done 40mins on the Kinect, Your Shape and Dance Central :) put on a cardigan this morning that felt a bit tight last week and this week fits fine not sure if thats in my head tho :confused:
I had leak and potato soup for lunch it wasn't nice :cry: but battled through and finished the bowl lol

OK i said i wouldnt but really feel the need to go and buy some scales lol not sure which to get my budget isnt huge :confused:

I had a walk to town and weighed in Boots OMG :cry::cry:loads more than i thought i weighed but at least i have made a start better change my stats now tho :(

Hiya

have you been using the boots scales for your weight before today?

Different scales can give different readings. I have learned the hard way to always use the same scales each time at approx same time of day each week.

I bought myself some medical scales like the doctor uses! in a sale about 18 months ago, but scales are scales, so when you get some, just weigh youself on them and only them for acccurate results.

Remember clothes and even heavy jewellery can add some weight. I weigh myself at home in the morning of my weigh in wearing nothing but a smile :eek: (not a pretty sight at the moment :rolleyes: ) but that way I can't blame clothes for the wrong result.

Obviously, you can't follow that plan in boots ;), but once you've got your own you can! In the meantime wear the same clothes each time you weigh in at boots.

Good luck..you can do this!

Hiya

have you been using the boots scales for your weight before today?

Different scales can give different readings. I have learned the hard way to always use the same scales each time at approx same time of day each week.

I bought myself some medical scales like the doctor uses! in a sale about 18 months ago, but scales are scales, so when you get some, just weigh youself on them and only them for acccurate results.

Remember clothes and even heavy jewellery can add some weight. I weigh myself at home in the morning of my weigh in wearing nothing but a smile :eek: (not a pretty sight at the moment :rolleyes: ) but that way I can't blame clothes for the wrong result.

Obviously, you can't follow that plan in boots ;), but once you've got your own you can! In the meantime wear the same clothes each time you weigh in at boots.

Good luck..you can do this!

Hello and :thankyou:

This was the first time i have weighed since starting WW, last time i weighed was probably a year ago,i knew i had put on some but not nearly 2 stone :cry:i weighed in socks,light t shirt and leggings (not such a pretty sight but weighed less than jeans lol) so i will do the same next month and hopefully won't be seeing what i saw this time round :D
Still feeling positive and even more motivated than before :)

Good!!! keep thinking postitive thoughts, you are going to do this. Like me, it won't be instant and won't always be easy...but it is going to be so worth it :)

I remember thinking about 6 years ago...

"what, 16 stone...I can't be!"

Then having a sneaky weigh in and being 18 1/2 stone and being mortified

Last year, I reached 20 stone and thought, how awful, i must lose weight

NOW here I am 21 stone 5lb, miserable as sin and it took a huge reality check to get me on track.

Come on, link arms with me, we are doing this one day at a time, and the only massive thing at the end of it will be our grins :D:D

Good luck :)

Back