1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Lots of weight to lose,il-health not helping- support needed

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Weight Loss Diary' started by skinny2bme, 3 May 2014 Social URL.

1. skinny2bme

skinny2bme Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.82%)
    Hi everyone, get your tissues ready!
    My name is Lisa, I am 7 stone overweight. All this gained during the last 3 years,not really overeating or sat on my bum all day, I work hard. Im a single mum and I am obese. Recently found out that I have hashimotos thyroiditis (auto-immune disease) which, Im told, has caused all this weight gain and how crappy and tired I feel all the time. So now this weight and size 18-20 frame is interfering with my work - on a ward - I cant do my duties without sweating and panting. So..great I have a diagnosis - I can get medication. Went to see the endocrinologist who took my blood pressure which was through the roof. cos of my weight they reckon, so now I have hypertension. I cant have thyroid meds right now but need to lose weight. Chicken and egg Im thinking?

So, I need to lose weight as soon as poss so I can get my thyroid meds which might help with losing weight so I started a vlcd (with approval from my GP for 3 months) just to get my weight down a little. 2nd day of the shakes and I almost pass out in the street, apparently I cant do the diet because I need to eat little and often. My blood sugars were dipping (possibly pre-diabetic)

So, sorry to go on but here I am at slimming world. Hoping to make a life change in my eating and get my weight down and blood pressure down hopefully. Id love some friends and people to buddy up with. I am not expecting any drastic weight loss but anything is good right now.

Please get in touch and speak soon x

By the way Im 32 x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. skinny2bme

skinny2bme Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.82%)
    Slimming world at home this week, 4lb loss which I am very happy with despite a few cheats x

4. skinny2bme

skinny2bme Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.82%)
    Ha Im not sure if anyone is listening but I am thinking of trying the 'fakeaway' prawn rice dish later...Ill let you know how it goes!

5. DiamondSW

DiamondSW Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.01%)
    Hi there, well done on your first week loss, 4lbs is great!

Keep up the good work with regards to SW and I'm sure you will start to see the health benefits a lot quicker than you think :)

6. DiamondSW

DiamondSW Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.01%)
    ps let us know how the fakeaway was!

7. skinny2bme

skinny2bme Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.82%)
    Hi Diamond, thanks for replying, hope to keep in touch. How are you finding it?

The King prawn fried rice dish was ok but to be honest I think I made too much...then ate too much! apparently its free so hoping i will be ok xx

8. DiamondSW

DiamondSW Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.01%)
    Yeah I am doing fine, I've been on SW before and lost a good amount but this is my first week back on track! WI on Wednesday, fingers crossed for a loss :)

9. skinny2bme

skinny2bme Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.82%)
    I am going to meeting this week, Its hard though cos I have to take my children! 3 of em

10. Crafty Girl

Crafty Girl Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.55%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers pro points
    Good idea to go to meeting - is there anyone who could look after the children while you are at the meeting so you can have some 'me' time?

11. skinny2bme

skinny2bme Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.82%)
    Ill see if my sister will watch 2 of them and the other will sit quiet!! They're Dad doesnt help out much so I have to do what I can! I enjoy the meetings...it motivates me!

12. skinny2bme

skinny2bme Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.82%)
    ok birthday treat for one of my kids today, mcdonalds. I have some fries...all my syns gone in one tiny meal! I had better be good for the rest of the day!

13. skinny2bme

skinny2bme Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.82%)
    The eating is going well, but I am determined to not get weighed...Im an obsessive weigher!