Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

Best of luck for the new job Paul, only problems I ever had on night shift was that I would get really hungry around 3am, also I never slept beyond 11-12 so would have normal lunch and dinner before going to work. Try to space your meals out so you don't get too hungry.

What sort of work will you be doing?

Its factory, production line. Ive been told there are 2 short breaks either side of a meal break, so Im all prepped for them. Got some sugar free marshmallows, homemade bacon & leek soup for meal, and going to make some crisps aswell. And got the fizzy flavoured water to drink, should keep me out of the staff canteen and vending machines.

1.5lb off for me this week. I would have liked more but still a loss is a loss and it's all in the right direction. I seem to be losing 7lb a month, if that continues I can live with it. I'd like more but I also need this to be slow enough that it stays off for good.

HE, good luck with the new job.

Anna, welcome back :)

ILoveCake said:
1.5lb off for me this week. I would have liked more but still a loss is a loss and it's all in the right direction. I seem to be losing 7lb a month, if that continues I can live with it. I'd like more but I also need this to be slow enough that it stays off for good.

HE, good luck with the new job.

Anna, welcome back :)

Well done I normally average 1.5lb a week 7lbs a month is fab keep it up xx

Hiekel Essterol said:
Good morning all, hope everyone is ok.

Starting a new job tonight, night shifts, dont know what sort of impact its going to have on my weight loss, hopefully very little, but its the not knowing. Been out of work for a few years so this is going to be interesting for that reason aswell.

WI is tomorrow, hoping for a good loss, especially as I managed to give myself heat stroke on a near 12 mile bike ride.

Fingers crossed anyway.

Good luck to all weighing in today and if anyone wants to wish me luck for my first day on the job I would really appreciate it.

Paul

Good luck on the new job! How fantastic! I'm out of work at the moment - my first day today without a job - its strange! I know it must be a bit daunting going back but you can do it :) x

I had my first session with my personal trainer today, it went really well. My arms are a little achey now, and I'm sure the rest of me will ache in the morning too. I'm planning on going back to gym on Thursday again. I think twice a week is enough, while I'm getting used to it.

Amandas11976 said:
I had my first session with my personal trainer today, it went really well. My arms are a little achey now, and I'm sure the rest of me will ache in the morning too. I'm planning on going back to gym on Thursday again. I think twice a week is enough, while I'm getting used to it.

Well done are you new to the gym I'm thinking of joining!!! But I'm not a fan although mine has a pool so I can do that to begin with keep it up xx

SW-Rach1980 said:
Well done are you new to the gym I'm thinking of joining!!! But I'm not a fan although mine has a pool so I can do that to begin with keep it up xx

I did a few sessions at the gym last year, but due to family problems, had to freeze membership. Restarted it this month, first time with a personal trainer, she is really good. Gave me a good workout without killing me.

It's looking good this week, 2 days left till WI and according to the scales I've lost 5lbs already.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Welcome to the newbies :wavey: and hello to the ‘oldies’:p!! Well done on all the fab losses! Keeping fingers crossed for you Coljack, sounds like you have a great WI coming your way!

Nothing exciting to report here, just work- home - work again at the moment! I must look like I’m trying to skive in work this week though – I’ve done something to my back and its OK, just painful when I move from sitting to standing. My solution is to avoid sitting where possible but just looks like I’m on the wander today! However, it seems to be relaxing more now so finger crossed for a better nights sleep tonight – I was like a turtle stuck on my back last night, arms and legs wriggling but unable to turnover! Not a good sight – although OH thought it was funny!

Annavixen, good to see you back. I’m sorry to hear about the job and I hope that the right thing comes along for you very soon xxx

Paul, this is coming a little late but huge congrats on the job and I really hope that it went well for you last night? Remember to still try to get your three meals a day in, even if the ‘order’ of those meals seems mixed up then as long as the content is on plan then you should be fine. Everyone laughs at my dad having his gravy dinner at 6.00 in the morning when he gets home but I don’t suppose its so different to me having it at 6.00 in the night!

Ilovecake, 7lbs off a month is fab, if you kept that rate up it would be an amazing 6 stone in year!

Take care all xxx

Much as I want to loose it all in a day I think I'd settle for 7lb a month, 6 stone a year would be awesome.

You'd think your OH would give you a massage if you've hurt your back. I would for any lady I was dating.
Miserable gut.

You'd think your OH would give you a massage if you've hurt your back. I would for any lady I was dating.
Miserable gut.

Ah bless you! He was too busy laughing to be of much use at all, even the dogs were sat in the doorway wondering what I was up to! Worse of all I think it was a dog induced injury to begin with - this exercise lark is blooming dangerous!

Lost 2lb yesterday. Puts me 2lb closer to a huge target in my plan. Was hoping for a little more, but Im happy with 2lb. 2 1/2lb next week would put me under 30st for the first time in about 3 years.

Roll on next week :D

EDIT: Just realised I am now 1/7th of the way towards my target. Its the silly things that keep me going.

EDIT AGAIN: Left the class early to get to work, but just found out I was SOW aswell :D :D

Last edited:
I'm going to have to weigh in 2 days early this week due to schedule changes. Yikes!

cherry-pie said:
Welcome to the newbies :wavey: and hello to the ‘oldies’:p!! Well done on all the fab losses! Keeping fingers crossed for you Coljack, sounds like you have a great WI coming your way!

Nothing exciting to report here, just work- home - work again at the moment! I must look like I’m trying to skive in work this week though – I’ve done something to my back and its OK, just painful when I move from sitting to standing. My solution is to avoid sitting where possible but just looks like I’m on the wander today! However, it seems to be relaxing more now so finger crossed for a better nights sleep tonight – I was like a turtle stuck on my back last night, arms and legs wriggling but unable to turnover! Not a good sight – although OH thought it was funny!

Annavixen, good to see you back. I’m sorry to hear about the job and I hope that the right thing comes along for you very soon xxx

Paul, this is coming a little late but huge congrats on the job and I really hope that it went well for you last night? Remember to still try to get your three meals a day in, even if the ‘order’ of those meals seems mixed up then as long as the content is on plan then you should be fine. Everyone laughs at my dad having his gravy dinner at 6.00 in the morning when he gets home but I don’t suppose its so different to me having it at 6.00 in the night!

Ilovecake, 7lbs off a month is fab, if you kept that rate up it would be an amazing 6 stone in year!

Take care all xxx

Thanks lovely, hope you've been doin okay, and your back improves soon, I can Definitely sympathise! Xxxx

Hiekel Essterol said:
Lost 2lb yesterday. Puts me 2lb closer to a huge target in my plan. Was hoping for a little more, but Im happy with 2lb. 2 1/2lb next week would put me under 30st for the first time in about 3 years.

Roll on next week :D

EDIT: Just realised I am now 1/7th of the way towards my target. Its the silly things that keep me going.

EDIT AGAIN: Left the class early to get to work, but just found out I was SOW aswell :D :D

That is absolutely fab!! I hope you get the 2.5 next week and congrats on SOTW xxx

Drat! I really wanted to hit 25 lbs this week and I missed it by 1/2 lb.

Back