Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

Hi guys! Sorry I've been MIA.

Well done for all of your hard work this week whether its resulted in a loss or not! Keep it up!! x

Actually i did have a teeny piece!! It looked so yummy when i finished icing it being strong lasted about 10 mins !! lol Only had 32 syns so far since monday so should be ok will syn it at 8,hopefully that'll cover it.

Lots more geocaching to be done this weekend. Going to use the GPS to track me aswell so I will know exactly how far I have walked and not just guess. It will also give me elevations as well. Looking forward to a good couple of days out there. Other than that nothing else planned so far.

HELP!!!!!!

My daughter came home with some banana cupcakes she made in school, and I would have felt cruel saying no to eating one as she was so excited about them. Only trouble is I have no idea how to syn them.

The recipe was

1 egg
25g Caster sugar
50g Butter
150g SR flour
100ml skimmed milk
2 banana
Tsp cinnamon

This made 10 cupcakes, of which I have had 1. So I need some help to figure out the syns for the recipe and then I can simply divide by 10 to get the syns for 1 cupcake.

I should be okay as I have only had 1 syn so far today, just need help with the calculation.

Cheers.

I'm afraid I can't do the calculation for you Hiekel, I have no idea how to. I'm sure someone will be along to help shortly. Were they the first cupcakes she has made?

This weekend; I have 3 card comissions and am tutoring on Sunday so I'll have to prepare for that as well. Taking the kids to the park in Aberdeen Saturday too.

You should be able to get the syn value for all of those in your book, or alternatively just find the syn value for a similar sized cup cake type thing and just guesstimate

HELP!!!!!!

My daughter came home with some banana cupcakes she made in school, and I would have felt cruel saying no to eating one as she was so excited about them. Only trouble is I have no idea how to syn them.

The recipe was

1 egg 108cal
25g Caster sugar 28cal
50g Butter 370cal
150g SR flour 531cal
100ml skimmed milk 34cal
2 banana 216cal
Tsp cinnamon

This made 10 cupcakes, of which I have had 1. So I need some help to figure out the syns for the recipe and then I can simply divide by 10 to get the syns for 1 cupcake.

I should be okay as I have only had 1 syn so far today, just need help with the calculation.

Cheers.

Calories as above so total of 1287 for 10 or 129 for your 1 and if 20 calories = 1 syn it'll be about 6.5 syns phew!! I'm worn out now! :D

You should be able to get the syn value for all of those in your book, or alternatively just find the syn value for a similar sized cup cake type thing and just guesstimate

Hadnt realised the individual ingredients would be available like that to syn.

Ive had a look and this is how it looks to me

1 egg Free
25g Caster sugar 5 syns
50g Butter 14 syns
150g SR flour 24 syns
100ml skimmed milk HEXA
2 banana Free
Tsp cinnamon Free

By my reckoning its 43 syns / 10 cupcakes = 4.3 syns. Round up to 4.5 syns to be safe.

Does that look about right?

Hello! Nosey lurker here! You need to syn the bananas coz they are cooked, so don't count as free. That probably makes the difference between the two calculations.

HTH

HE :D I'm not sure you can work it out like that! It's like buying a shop bought carrot cake and then trying to work out the free bits and take them off the total! :p I admire your style though!

Dickiechicklet said:
Have fun with the xinect! I'm looking forward to getting used to the Wii - I've not explored any more games yet - l only have the Wii sports and Wii fit that the bundle came with!

We're making losing weight childs play!!

Dickiec xx

Hi, I have been working out with the wii too, just thought I'd let you know there is a game called Your Shape, it comes with a little camera and if you're not doing the exercises right your instructor tells you. I find it works for me. Good luck with your journey.

OH NO!!!!! Hadnt considered that!! Its 4 syns for each banana!!!!!

Adding the banana on takes it to 51 syns or 5.1 per cake.

Then theres the egg to consider aswell, is it still free? What have I done!!!!!!!!!!!

Bugsy30 said:
Morning ladies, just stepped very tentively in the scales, and I'm down 5 lbs, so really happy wit that!!!
Here's to another good week this week for everyone, and good luck to all the ladies weighing in today!!!
Madtaff .....ever thought of motivational speaking!! Lol :)))
Congratulations, thats a great loss, keep up the good work.

Hiekel Essterol said:
Woohoo!!!! Ive found the solution!!!!!!!!
STOP EATING CAKES!!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Lol!!!!!!

Well thats one way to handle it, but 5/6 syns is fine, and your daughter would have been made up that you had some!

Anyway, I shall go back to lurking again now, you guys are all doing brilliantly - keep up the good work!!

ETA - if you know the ingredients and amounts for a recipe, it is absolutely fine to work out the syns per portion via that method, and discount any free foods. :D

Back