Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

Did anyone see Britain's fattest man on TV the other day? I watched it today It kind of annoyed me lol

There's a long and interesting thread about it in the 'off-topic' section - lots of comments and some members really annoyed about it as you were...Have a gander...

that show annoyed me too but I felt sorry for him as well. I read a while back he's writing a book with his diet tips!!! :rolleyes:

I felt really sorry for him too. Jesus, when he started crying and apologising to his estranged sisters it nearly finished me!

Hi, OhToBeSlimmer. You sound like my doppelganger!

I always fail too and every diet I start tends to feel doomed from the beginning. I'm feeling much more positive about SW because of the support element, not to mention how much more satisfied I feel by the food.

We'll all support each other, shall we? x

sounds like a plan. Welcome Blue-eyed-Girl.Come join our club.

Have just put a chick pea cake in the oven fancy something sweet with a hot chocolate. Will now have to amend earlier diary by adding this hope it turns out ok. Anyone else made one yet?. I changed the orange and lemon for 3 smallish carrots and put 2 drops of orange essence in mine and also only halve the canderel as it seemed a lot.

Hello. I wonder if I could join in with all of you? I have about 9 stone to lose, I'm doing SW on my own with no meetings too. I definately need support from people in a similar boat.

I lost 4 stone once before with WW points but put it all back on and some :( and it really knocked my confidence. I'm trying again though and this time, hopefully, I will have this forum and support to help.

eta: it's day one and I am unorganised but I am cooking spicy butternut squash soup and making hummous right now. With any luck I'll be into the swing with tips from here by the end of next week.

Evening everyone, well I decided to go to a class and have just got back! I wanted to go so I could get up-to-date books as I'd like to try the Extra Easy diet and my books go back too far and just cover red and green days.
I was pleasantly surprised by the consultant .......she was really motivating (I have been to many different clubs in the past 20 years and she seems to be the best by far fingers crossed it stays that way as I have paid up front for the 12 week challenge!!!! I am raring to go and am just about to sit and write a shopping list for tomorrow so I can get going straight away!!
Good luck everyone.......we can do this!!!!

Madtaff haven't tried it yet, was telling all thr girls in work about the chickpea cake, sounds just delicious!!!
Welcome to all our new members!!!

Hi caroline4013 welcome , well am i am so pleased you had a good meeeting. You sound so positive. Good luck to you and the others who have joined our course.

Bugsy will tell you what it taste like soon mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I have a rough target set on here, however realistically I reckon I need to lose 7-8 stone.

I would love a buddy if anyone is interested? Especially the person who started this thread. It would be good to keep each other motivated, etc.

xx

I'm aiming for the 8lbs too!

I just wondered before I finish my shopping list if any of you have any advice for staple ingredients for following the Slimming World diet ..........apart from the obvious fruit, veg etc I have added Fry Light and All Bran but any other suggestions would be greatly received!

I just wondered before I finish my shopping list if any of you have any advice for staple ingredients for following the Slimming World diet ..........apart from the obvious fruit, veg etc I have added Fry Light and All Bran but any other suggestions would be greatly received!

It all depends on what you like but I add frozen mixed berries to my shop every week, low fat fromage frais (which is syn free), quark, sweetener, herbs and spices (to add a bit of flavour to dishes that especially need it), cous cous is always a good one to have in the cupboards, 98% fat free super noodles...think it's the chilli chicken and the sweet thai chilli variety from batchelors, Ryvita if you like them, porridge oats for a quick morning fix.

I hope this helps, good luck =]

xx

Ok I have been reading the whole thread properly and I'm definately aiming for the January goal of 8lbs and I HAVE to try that chickpea cake.

Doesn't sound very nice though, does it? lol xx

Like Loobie I think it depends on taste. I like to have Thai 7 spice mix and butternut squash and red lentils for soup and I use the spice to jazz up other things too. Also chickpeas to have with cous cous and veg roasted with frylight and for making hummous. Basil for tomatoes and plenty of eggs. I like to have quorn in too. I'm pretty new to this though - did WW once before - so no doubt I'll come across others soon.

caroline4013 said:

Hi, I'd defo go wit getting nearly every spice, all the sw recipes need alot of spices !! Extra light Mayo too, and the usual fruit and veg, ff fromage frais and yogurt!!

madtaff said:
just made the cake very disspointed. had with 2 spoons of very low fat plain yog won't be trying it again.

No way madtaff??!! I was dying to hear how u got on, would have tried it as I love chickpeas!!! Very dissappointing!!:(((((

Back