Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

I have just made the carrot and orange cakes from britmums blog, they are really good. 9 syns for the whole recipe and i got 18 reasonably sized cupcakes out of the mixture. Well worth a try.

I've got 10 stone, or the best part of it, to lose. I am hoping that I can break the back of that amount in the next 12 months and then finish the job and keep working on the tone up in 2012. It seems remarkably simple saying it like that but it will be a huge challenge.

Good luck to you all with your journeys!!

DickieC xx

welcome DickieC it does sound simple when you say it like that doesn't it. But i am sure i am not alone when i wish it was but i have learnt that the things we want most in life are the things we have to work hard to achieve. I got lots and lots of weight to loose and have given myself 18 months hope that will be enough. I have had so many false starts but now is the time to be honest with myself. No more false starts no-one else to blame i am the one who makes the choices me, me, me, so i guess a challenge it is going to be . Welcome to the best support on line there seems to be someone on here both day and night! Good luck.

Hi everyone. I'm new on here and at SW. I joined last week... first WI Wednesday.

Can I join the Stone at a timers? I'm up for the 8lb by Jan 31st seeing as I have about 13st to lose. Could do with the support too.

BendyPC

Thanks Madtaff - something you said really struck a chord with me, the need to be honest with yourself. It amazes me how much I can try and 'pretend' to myself that "that one" (be it another drink, chocolate bar, packet of crisps or takeaway) won't hurt or ignore (even deny) the fact that I am piling on the pounds when it is clear for all to see that I am doing just that. Your weight is literally on show for others to notice and comment upon so why we think we can trick ourselves is a bit baffling.

Any how - good luck to all again. I am sure I'll be needing your support and hope to offer the same.

DickieC xx

Good Morning all! Welcome to everyone new who's joined the group and here's to another successful 100% on plan slimming world day! Good luck to any of you who have weigh-ins today :D

Morning all! Its official i only lost 3lbs and to be honest am gutted. I know should be happy but am not why lie! I suppose it doesn't help that my bruised chest has given me so much unbearable pain in the last few days and i have been reading that bruised ribs can last up to 6 weeks! Anyone got any tips for them to not cause so much pain? Apart from that i am bloody determined that next Tuesday no matter what will be a better weigh in!! Sorry about the self pity need to get it out of my system and who better than with friends who understand!!

Morning all! Its official i only lost 3lbs and to be honest am gutted. I know should be happy but am not why lie! I suppose it doesn't help that my bruised chest has given me so much unbearable pain in the last few days and i have been reading that bruised ribs can last up to 6 weeks! Anyone got any tips for them to not cause so much pain? Apart from that i am bloody determined that next Tuesday no matter what will be a better weigh in!! Sorry about the self pity need to get it out of my system and who better than with friends who understand!!

Our consultant said its much harder to lose weight when we are unwell as our bodies are to busy fighting the illness so 3lb is fantastic dont feel sad your doing well its all in the right direction.
I know how you feel though . Arnica Gel is supposed to heel bruises quickly.
xxx

madtaff said:

Don't be gutted!!! Three pounds is really good if u lost that much each week wouldn't u be delighted!!!! And ud an awful week wit pain!! Ur being shockin hard on urself!!!
I got ur friend request but I use this site as an app on my iPhone so I've no idea how to access it through that!! I did accept it through a link on my mail but that's all!

madtaff, I know you aren't feeling that happy about it but 3lbs is great and most importantly it is a loss. As Tesco say 'every little helps' and you are getting there. I have no advice about the ribs but I do agree your body will be working on that and I hope you feel better soon x

Madtaff - just picture in your mind 3lbs of lard! That's a really good amount you've lost so don't be down hearted about it! Loads of people fluctuate massively in the amounts they lose week to week - in my first 5 weeks (before I lost the plot at Xmas) I varied between 7lbs & 1lb and followed the plan to the letter every week! :confused:

Todays food diary
Breakfast
Syn free rice pudding and a banana
Lunch
Boiled eggs and seafood sticks satsumas
Dinner
Roast beef,turkey and gammon with peas, swede, green beans, carrots and cauliflower (we went to the carvery) I had a few boiled spuds none shiney so know the butter they put on didnt get them I had a stuffing ball and a weeny bit of gravy going to look online for the stuffing ball and use 3 syns for gravy

I havent had my Hexs yet so later Im going to have a wholemeal pitta bread with LCs and ham and salad.

:)

Oh and I got a parcel through the post today which was only a massive box or ferrero rocher I had won lol I have brought them round to my Mums house out of my way lol

xxx

Well done you!! Thats what i like to see stamina. My diary follows looks like i have a addiction for laughing cow cheese mmmmm can't get enough of it.
Allbran and skimmed milk and banana 10 prunes
3 ryvita and 3 laughing cow (6)
apple, pear,
Jacket potato, baked beans, 2 laughing cow cheese(2)
cadburys highlight (2)
water
looks like i have had quite a few syns today
as always comments welcome!!

Back