Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

Katoof well done on your loss, that's brilliant.

Thank you everyone. I really like this forum. I've done losing weight alone but I feel that things will be much easier with this community behind me. I've found the forum so supportive and helpful these last few days. I'm doing it at home on my own so the advice and support is invaluable. Thank you so much x

have just rejoined class tonigh, have about 4 stone to lose. Will have to knuckle down and get on with it if I want to be around to play with my grandson. Thats the incentive I needed.

Hey all am new too ya mind if I join? Hopefully being able to talk to others will give some motivation at times it can seem such a lonely process!! Well no point beating around the bush I've 13 stone to loss ekkk. First week on slimming world n get weighed in tomo : / wish me luck n good luck to everyone on here really hope we can support and spur each other on to do it !! Mwah Maz x x : )

Red riding hood just saw ya post aww hon I think it's so brave your doing it along!! N even if ur partner isn't being supportive everyone on here will be!! Those times when you feel so upset u can't write just vent sometimes it makes if better noone on here's gonna judge we're all in the same position you're not alone!! So MJ said!! Mwah Maz x x : )

Red Riding Hood - a massive well done for making those first steps to a new you!!! :happy096::happy096::clap:
As some the others have already said this forum is sooo supportive and you really must use us all, not just for boosting you up when you are feeling down but for sharing your success's too!!! I think the majority of us who have posted on this thread have quite a lot of weight to lose so I would imagine we all understand many of each others hang ups, fears, embarrassment etc etc so all the more reason for talking to us!!!! We're all here for the same reason and we could all benefit with any motivation, help and support we can get:) Good luck Hun!!!!

Red Riding Hood said:
Hello everyone.

Well I've had to wait for scales before I could weigh myself properly (but I didn't need them to know I have lots to lose). So I have mroe to lose than I thought, about 11 stone. I couldn't read the scales properly and I had to get my other half to read them for me. Well I'm almost pathologically afraid of other people knowing my weight so it was horrible, espeically when it is such a big number. Anyway partner wasn't particularly supportive and was just have a go at me about (other) things so now I'm sitting here really upset and I guess this is where I need support. :cry:

I do go on forums but I hardly ever write when I'm upset about something so I'm finding even writing this embarrassing. :eek: Sorry to be depressing.

Please don't give in!! I have more than you to lose (14st) and you need to put yourself first!!! Maybe take yourself away from the situation don't get drawn into an argument and when things are calm explain how you felt!!

Stay strong. And keep coming on here for support xx

Hey all am new too ya mind if I join? Hopefully being able to talk to others will give some motivation at times it can seem such a lonely process!! Well no point beating around the bush I've 13 stone to loss ekkk. First week on slimming world n get weighed in tomo : / wish me luck n good luck to everyone on here really hope we can support and spur each other on to do it !! Mwah Maz x x : )

Good luck for tomorrow Maz let us know how you get on.........have you been doing Extra Easy????

Hi all!

I would love to join this thread!! I have about 14st to lose and have just gone back to my class. 2 years ago I was 30st but after a while lost motivation but pleased to say that I am not back to that but have been playing with the same stone for too long!!

There is lots of motivation to be had here and although I genuinely cannot imagine being a normal weight I am gonna plod in and do it 7lbs at a time. Only people with so much to lose understand so I think this thread is a great idea!

Jayde xx

Please don't give in!! I have more than you to lose (14st) and you need to put yourself first!!! Maybe take yourself away from the situation don't get drawn into an argument and when things are calm explain how you felt!!

Stay strong. And keep coming on here for support xx

You are all lovely. I'm particularly glad to have found this thread. They have weight loss threads on the parenting forum I go on but having a lot to lose is a different kind of journey I guess :) so I've never really gone on that thread. Here I know you all understand as you have a long way to go too.

Jayde I won't give in. Good news is I haven't been tempted to go for the kids sweets or biscuit tins (yay me ;)). My other half is generally great, he has never once had a go at me to lose weight despite my being about a person lighter when we met so it's not all bad. I must say I'm feeling lots better and I have the great people here to thank for that. Reading your replies has made me feel more positive again. :flowers::flowers: It's a one step at a time journey. :)

(apologies for my love of the smilies - I can't help it!)

Welcome to you Madmazy, great to see you heere and lots of luck for your weigh in tomorrow.

Jayde welcome to you too - I know what you mean as I said above it is a different kind of weightloss journey when you have lots to lose. You know you are in it for the long haul. We can do it together x

have just rejoined class tonigh, have about 4 stone to lose. Will have to knuckle down and get on with it if I want to be around to play with my grandson. Thats the incentive I needed.

Great incentive nanaono my boys just love their granparents. It's a very special relationship. I am really lucky that my Grandma is still alive, I speak to her once a week on the phone and she is still the family member I am closest to.

Good luck to you x

Well done everyone who lost today!

I hit my January target on my first weigh in!! 8lb down 12st odd to go he he he. It's really motivated me to carry on and I can't believe how much I ate (and drank...)

Good luck to everyone this coming week :)

Bendy PC

Evening to my lovely fellow stone at a timers....there has been some great losses going on today!!!

Another late one for me...yawn and been rushed off my feet all day so not much time to eat, banana for breakfast, leftover sweet and sour kingprawn stir fry for lunch and ham salad sandwich for tea, Im worried thats not enough but dont fancy anything else now and did not have time to scratch my a** today!!!

Welcome to the new joiners...this is the best thread on the forum so youre in the right place!!

Quick cuppa before bed for me, but day off tomorrow WOO HOO!!!!!

Hi guys. I kno I'm a bit late to this thread, but can I join plz?? I have 12st to lose roughly (do I qualify lol)
So many of you guys are doing so well! It's great to hear! :)
Ccxx

Everyones welcome here cc!!! Feel free to join in. Are you doing the diet from home or do you get to a class???

Yay!! Thanks!!
I'm doing it at home. I used to attend classes a while ago tho. Was worried I'd struggle, But luckily I'm actually sticking to it at home :). Lost 5lbs this week :-D

How are you doing? Are you at home/class? Ccxx

wow 5lbs sounds amazing!! Well done you!! I joined a class yesterday but actually started on Saturday!!

I was trying to do it from home but I felt i didnt have enough information so went and stocked up on books! I just couldnt make myself pay £80 to join online!! But I do have access to the website this week so will see if it changes my mind!

Thank you! Oo good luck with the classes. Good on you for going out there and finding the info.. £80 is a lot that's for sure! But like you say u may love it after this week. I must admit Im not using the sw site but i use this site as a tool in my weight loss. I only discovered minimins in nov, but I've been on everyday since lol.

May I ask how much your hoping to lose? I have a large amount to lose, I'm currently in a valentines day challenge thread on here, aiming to lose 14lbs by then. I'm trying not to look at the 12st in full, but break it down.
Ccxx

I want to lose at least 10 stone (gulp!)

I have given myself until June 2012 to lose it so I have to average 2lbs a week (I work best under pressure)

I am going to treat myself with a pandora charm each stone I lose and a trip to Florida when I reach goal!!

It seems daunting doesnt it?! But we will do it hun!!

What a brilliant idea, I was trying to think of ways to treat myself without food (which has always been my treat). The jewellery idea is a great one! Not to mention the holl! How fab would that be!?!

I've promised myself a manicure if I lose a stone by feb. Here's to ur next pandora charm & my manicure :)

Back