Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

I am confident that this will be the time we do it!! Our target for Jan on this thread is to lose 8lbs...and you are more than half way there already!!!! It takes a lot of willpower to do it at home and succeed so you must be really focused!

With this thread and Slimming World theres no stopping us now!

Whattt?! Syns jn sweet potatoe? Thoight they were free :(

Julie2011 said:
I needed to lose 100lbs (7½) stone as I was almost twice my ideal weight (according to BMI), have lost some in the past month and have just over 6½ stone to go. I don't go to any classes/counsellor so I'm also doing it on my own.

Happy to buddy up with people also determined to lose weight and maintain the healthy lifestyle they've achieved.

J :talk017:

We need to lose the same :) xx

Just popping in to say Hi :) I havent read all of the thread (you lot cant half natter lol) but I just wanted to say good luck for your weight loss journeys :D

I appreciate how hard it is when you have got a lot to lose, but it can be done - your 8lb January target is a great way to keep the goals small and achievable.

I wish I had found Minimins when I first started, I think I may be in love with the place as there is always someone to help you put things in perspective, pick you up, dust you down and send you in the right direction :) Keep on posting and supporting each other, because this thread has the makings of being a fantastic support tool for you all :D

Hi folks didn't realise there would be so many people joining me on my long journey when i started this thread a week ago.Welcome to everyone no matter how big or small your goal. I have a huge goal i want to be between 10/12 stone by the time i am 50 ,in 2012 got about 10 stone to loose so needs lots of support. I know my husband doesn't know how much i weigh if he did he would have a heart attack just worrying about me. I know he loves me and we have been married for 25 years he just wants me to last another 25 at least ! I want that too I know people who have never had a weight problem don't understand , i know they just think its a matter of stop eating, I know they judge me but they are the people who don't matter to me they are not my friends or family .My family and friends don't judge me!they just accept me. Inside i am thin i always have been on the outside i am something else. I do what i can, i walk ,cycle ,swim, i overeat! I am the one who has to make the choices, in the past i have made lots of wrong ones now i am making the right choices, its my choice no-one elses.I am doing this for me! For my children for my husband for my friends for those who love me . I want to be a healthy 50 year old I want a good BM, i want to enjoy my life what i don't want is all this weight around my neck dragging me down.!! Out with the old in the new, Come with me i can see a rainbow it has our names on it, the first 8lbs our first steps are within our grasp!!

Sorry obviously the painkillers have stirred something inside!!LO !!

Hi guys. Hope you're all okay. I have 10 and a half stone to lose.

Info; started slimming world in September on my nephews birthday.
Have been doing the extra easy plan and have lost a stone so far but like i said I need to lose 10 and a half more stone.
I'm a bridesmaid the summer of 2012 for my sister so I want to have lost the majority by then.

The support on here is amazing! Xx

LessofLou said:
Evening all!! Thanks for the food diaries, they really help me see what other options are available to me, and what is working for other people.

Im starting Sat once Ive cleaned out my cupboards and gone shopping, my goal is to lose 10 stone by June 2012, thats 2lb a week by my reckoning, and I think that fact will keep me on the straight and narrow!

With everyone in heres help this will be the diet that does it!

That's roughly the same as me! Although I have 10 and a half to lose.

Good luck xx

Bugsy30 said:
Ur like me' Anna vixen, bridesmaid too in 18 mths, needed a good kick up the behind anyways but it certainly gave it to me' thinkin of thr other skinny bridesmaids!! Well done on ur weight loss so far!!

I know. I don't want to look back at my sisters wedding and think oh god I look awful!! Xx

Morning ladies, just stepped very tentively in the scales, and I'm down 5 lbs, so really happy wit that!!!
Here's to another good week this week for everyone, and good luck to all the ladies weighing in today!!!
Madtaff .....ever thought of motivational speaking!! Lol :)))

Bugsy30 said:
Morning ladies, just stepped very tentively in the scales, and I'm down 5 lbs, so really happy wit that!!!
Here's to another good week this week for everyone, and good luck to all the ladies weighing in today!!!
Madtaff .....ever thought of motivational speaking!! Lol :)))

A massive congratulations to you!! that's fabulous! Keep it up xx

I have a huge goal i want to be between 10/12 stone by the time i am 50 ,in 2012 got about 10 stone to loose so needs lots of support.
I know my husband doesn't know how much i weigh if he did he would have a heart attack just worrying about me. I know he loves me and we have been married for 25 years he just wants me to last another 25 at least !
I want that too I know people who have never had a weight problem don't understand , i know they just think its a matter of stop eating, I know they judge me but they are the people who don't matter to me they are not my friends or family .My family and friends don't judge me!they just accept me.
Inside i am thin i always have been on the outside i am something else. I do what i can, i walk ,cycle ,swim, i overeat! I am the one who has to make the choices, in the past i have made lots of wrong ones now i am making the right choices, its my choice no-one elses.I am doing this for me!
I want to be a healthy 50 year old I want a good BM, i want to enjoy my life what i don't want is all this weight around my neck dragging me down.!!

Sorry for chopping your post about but I had to look twice because that really could have been me writing - only I've been married 27 years now and hit the big 50 in September so that's my goal date! I'm amazed at the rate you can lose with SW and can actually see light at the end of the tunnel this time :D

Well done to everyone who's had losses this week, good luck to those who have yet to weigh in and let's keep the motivation and the positive strokes going! :p

well done bugsy great loss!! lots of great losses here :)

welcome red riding hood (((hugs))) you've definately come to the right place, this forum is the best!

I lost 3lbs this week, not bad i think :) SW even gave me a nice sticker to add to my sig lol!

Have a good day all

Aaliyah27 said:
well done bugsy great loss!! lots of great losses here :)

welcome red riding hood (((hugs))) you've definately come to the right place, this forum is the best!

I lost 3lbs this week, not bad i think :) SW even gave me a nice sticker to add to my sig lol!

Have a good day all

Well done!!! 9 lbs in 2 weeks is a great loss isn't it!! Ur well on ur way to losing the stone!!!

The stone at a timers!! Are certainly going in the right direction well done all the winners so far this week. The support we are showing each other is amazing, Don't think i could be an motivational speaker i think its just the pain killers have got hold of my brain!LOL Anna .

Continue the great work. Have a lovely day. Bugsy very jealous of your sticker think i will have to make some myself!! When i said to my son i have only lost 3lbs this week he said did i know what 3lb of lard looked like? It was masses ! Well done mum perhaps that's where a bit of the motivation comes from loved ones.

Last edited:
Loving the Pandora charm idea!:D
I'm 50 in 15 months time and I too am using this date as a target for me (I would actually prefer it to be sooner though!) I can remember saying I wanted to be fit, fab and forty and didn't quite make that and here I am over 8 years later still trying (and probably about 3 stone heavier too) :( Here's to being fit, fab and Fifty!!!!!
Hope you all have a great day!:)

Good day stone at a timers!!

How much am I loving this forum, and 'our' thread in particular.

I love that we all have a lot to lose, and we are all helping each other to stay on track - I dont mean to be rude to anyone but I just cant identify with someone who has 1 stone something to lose- and Im sure they cant identify with me either!!

I really think that coming on here after my evening meal has helped to break me of the munchies, and I enjoy it more! I love the support that members of this thread have given me so far, and I hope I have been able to help some of you in return!!

Hope you all have a fantastic SW day!!! x

Couldn't agree more! U hit the nail on the head! It's nice to know you are not alone & that we are all here to help each other through it!
We may have lots to lose, but we ARE going to lose lots. It sounds like we are all putting in the effort & getting the rewards! Well done on everyones losses so far! Keep it up!! :)
Ccxx

Morning CC!!

I really do believe that we will all do it - we will have blips but we can come on here and 'fess up and get put back on the right track!!

And we will be slim in 2012 (and Ill be wearing a beautiful bracelet ;-) )

its certainly, much easier to stay focussed if you have lots of people who understand where your coming from, supporting each other in our goals.

I always struggle after the 6 month mark, because I have a lot to lose, and get a little fed up. I guess we could call it our 'mid diet crisis' I know I am not the only one who has this problem, and it does help. Only last year I gave in to it *sigh*.

So how can we stop ourselves going through the 'mid diet crisis'? How do we stop ourselves giving in to it?

Back