Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

Just been looking at the Pennine Waterways Website all about it. Its funny how they make the Liverpool end look so much nicer than it actually is. There are plenty of places in the short stretch I have walked along where serious damage would be done to the hull of a longboat from the crap that has been thrown in there. And the accompanying smell isnt too inviting either.

JaWillJa said:
Hi
I need to lose 5 stone, I too are doing slimming world and not attending classes, started diet 3 weeks ago lost 5lbs so far. I want a baby and need ivf so need to shredd the pounds

Hi, how r u finding slimming world? I attend the meetings, it's my first weigh in tomorrow, so fingers crossed. I have at least 4 stone to lose for health reasons, so need to stick at this. Have started doing regular exercise, mainly on the wii and cutting out buses and walking instead. It's a start.

Hi Folks well done all the loosers and welcome to the newbies well aren't you a busy lot! Been in the Lake District since Friday , cooking for 19 burly men and 2 women walkers. No access to PC ! Sorry have missed you all !Haven't kept my food diary either but have been relatively busy!! So not had time to pick!
When's the cycling happening ? I live near Cardiff if we all started cycling and loosing weight we could have a Cycling party .I always fancied doing one of the cycling trips to foreign parts raising funds for women and children in foreign countries. Mind you i would love to just to go on a really long cycle over a couple of days with a gang of like mind people any one fancy it a challenge for say six months time ? It will be summer by then !! And we will be thinner!
chat soon luv taff xx

Good morning all.

Went for a hours walk this morning around a local hill (geocaching related) and enjoyed it immensly, though kinda wish I had breakfast before I went as I was flagging a little by the end. Looking forward to a good day SW wise, everything is planned out ready. Homemade burgers and SW southern wedges for dinner tonight.

Lots of housework to do, yes even us blokes do housework (though I still secretly want my Robot Vacuum Cleaner)

Have a great day everyone, I will be popping in and out to view any new post.

Wondered if anyone can help me please, only have access to minimins via the app! Have tried to find the syn value for rainbow drops, but to no avail. They are made by Swizzle something and have found the manufacturer on syns online but can't fond rainbow drops! Have got a packet but don't want to start on them til ive got a syn value! Thanks in advance x

Hi, i would also like to lose 5/6 stone, i am waiting on my auntie to send me all the details as i cannot afford to go to classes. I would like to do the Extra Easy plan, is there anyone who can point me in the right direction as to where to start? Also is there a syn calculator online? Thanks.

Hi had first weigh this morning, lost 3lb, happy with that.

Biggest_Loser said:
Hi, i would also like to lose 5/6 stone, i am waiting on my auntie to send me all the details as i cannot afford to go to classes. I would like to do the Extra Easy plan, is there anyone who can point me in the right direction as to where to start? Also is there a syn calculator online? Thanks.

Can you afford to go along and join a group then you'll get the most uptodate books etc and the new member talk?

Wondered if anyone can help me please, only have access to minimins via the app! Have tried to find the syn value for rainbow drops, but to no avail. They are made by Swizzle something and have found the manufacturer on syns online but can't fond rainbow drops! Have got a packet but don't want to start on them til ive got a syn value! Thanks in advance x

When there is no free food allowance, (and sadly rainbow drops dont as I love 'em) you can use 20 cals per syn rule to calculate the syns. It really handy to know for when you are out and about and need to grab something :)

When there is no free food allowance, (and sadly rainbow drops dont as I love 'em) you can use 20 cals per syn rule to calculate the syns. It really handy to know for when you are out and about and need to grab something :)

A problem with this was highlighted in my situation at the end of last week.
My daughter made cakes in school and we had the recipe. Needed to work out the syns.
Calorie method (add all the calories for the ingredients up and divide by 20) said they were 6.5 syns per cake.
Syn method (adding up the syns as per the online syns database) came out at 5 syns per cake.
Not a massive difference on the face of it, but 1.5 syns is 10% of my daily allowance.

Can I put my name down too?

I'm new here, and I have loads to lose.

Been doing it at home for 2 weeks now, not sure what weight I started at as my scales at home are a bit iffy, but I know it was over 18 stone, and when I weighed myself this morning on a professional scale I was 17 stone 12lbs.

My optimum weight is 8 stone 10 lbs, so I have a long way to go!

God bless,

ST :D

Last edited:
blue*smartie said:

Thanks but as SW don't base their food plan on calories, I'd rather have the syn value, it has been on there before for rainbow drops as ive had them on plan before, just couldn't remember and as I said in my first post, I'm in work so can only access via my phone!

Back