Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

Mornign All, well done to the weight losses. Im not feeling too good at all...good knows where this cold has come from...so feeling sorry for myself last night couldnt be bothered to cook so we had a chinese...and too be honest it was really nice but i think i have that out of my system now and back on the road to eating healthier.

Hope everyone has a better day then me :)

POST MORTEM

Im utterly devastated:(

WI last night and it was a 2.5lb gain :eek: I cant believe it! I had a run through last week in my mind while everyone else was at class and I still cant understand where it went so wrong.
Yes it was my daughters birthday this week, but I made sure not to have any cake.
Yes we went to the buffet place in Liverpool in Saturday, but I made sure not to eat anything covered in sauces, batter or breadcrumbs and kept away from the pizza.
Hell, the last 2 days have been syn free!!!!!
And my total food intake yesterday before WI was
2 slices Nimble (dry)
2 Frylight Eggs
micro mushrooms
pickled onions
an apple
coffee with 1% milk​

My consultant tried to make me feel better by telling me that a 2.5lb gain is minimal compared to the losses I have been making, but come on this is only week 4! I should still be losing big numbers!

I cant believe its gone so wrong this week, I really cant. What the hell was the point in it? I might as well have had the birthday cake. I might as well have had a proper dessert at the restaurant. 3 birthdays where I restricted myself for the good of my weight loss and the pay off is a 2.5lb gain? Why have I even bothered? :mad:

I left class last night and I was so tempted to say sod it and just go to the chippy for tea. In the end I didnt, I just came home because I knew that the chippy would simply be a quick fix and that wasnt going to help me.

Couldnt even be bothered with the chocolate thats still in the fridge, the one that I restricted myself to 2 chunks (4 syns) of, just so that I was able to stay within my syn range.

Dont know what the hell to do now :(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::cry:

Ahh HE....I wonder if it's down to the fact your not eating any syns?? Oh mate i feel for ya because you do say to yourself why bother but hey that weeks is over, start fresh and i bet you see the weight fall off this week.

I'm sending loads of HUgs cause im sure you need them...keep your chin up :) :) :)

{{{{HUGS}}}}

:argh: Oh no, HE. Don't despair and don't throw in the towel. You have done so well.

What you have experienced happens to most dieters, and it's something with which I am all too familiar. I have been good and my weight doesn't go down and sometimes goes up. However, when I think back, I realise I haven't been perfect on all days and those days have caught up with me. I am in the same position as you right now and I know how frustrating this and how easy it is say "Sod it", and then pig out on something.

I know it is no consolation to you to say that you didn't put on weight every single week of your life pre-diet, and you can't expect it to come off every week, and sometimes it will go up, but it's true. Hang in there and follow the WI regime faithfully and you will be rewarded.

When I go out to eat, I tell myself "This is not the last meal you'll ever eat Julie", and I try to stick to plan and only have one plate of food at a buffet, just as if I was eating at home. In the past I would have always tried to get my money's worth at buffets. That's why I am fat. Even if food isn't fried or covered in creamy sauces, batter, doughy or sweet, etc it still contains calories. I'm the person who would have piled up my plate several times and drunk diet coke because I am "watching my weight". The only person I was fooling was myself.

Don't deny yourself syns, just stick to the plan and I am sure you will see that during the month of February, overall you'll have an excellent weight loss. :winner:

Remember how far you've already come, and remember the reason why you want to lose weight. You are not just doing it for you, you are doing for your family. Put yesterday's weigh in behind you. You know you can and will lose weight, but it's a marathon and there are always a few hiccups on the way.

Last edited:
Hey all,

Sorry for being slow. So, i only lost 1.5lbs, i really need to pull my socks up, i want to get my 1st stone award ideally next week.

Good luck to the Wednesday weighers xxx

Oh god I'm dreading my weigh in tomorrow, missed last week, have spent the last two days painting and have been eating all over the place!! I'm hoping that the painting will work in place of exercise!!!
Head up heikel!!! If u stay on track this week u might have a big loss next week!!!!

Dont know what the hell to do now :(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::cry:

You pick yourself up, dust yourself down and carry on :D Because the alternative is well ..... I dont need to spell it out :p

You obviously want this more than you want to comfort eat, which is great :) it shows that you are still determined to continue with the plan.

It could just simply be some water retention, your weight can fluctuate as much as 5lbs (apparantly) daily. Does your weight stop fluctuating because you are on a diet - nope. Does your body go 'oh HE is about to get on the scales - best fluctuate low' nope it doesnt.

The weight will come off, sometimes you will race along, sometimes you struggle, sometimes it stops completely. But, the ones that get to their goal are the ones that soilder on despite blips and dips :) Just a small example, it has taken me almost 4 months to lose 1/2 stone to get my 4.5 shiny, there were times when I considered giving up, trying something else etc. But I battled through it and now the weight is coming off again :D

You can do it HE - dont let a little blip get in your way :)

Bugsy30 said:
Did any of ye taste the chic hazelnut wafer rolls in lidl, there was a post on it from today that 10 of them are 1 syn!! I seriously can't believe it!!

Ok another person added to the original thread and said the info pack is wrong, they should be 475 kcal and not 47 , thank Christ I didn't get them and was warned in time

Hi all sorry not posted much this week incredibly busier than usual. I am a very busy person whose just taken on an allotment!! Yes i am mad hence the name!! Well I only lost 1lb this week not worried just going to get on with it. If i loose weight bonus if i don't then i am not going to get all stressy about it. I hve enough going on in my life, i have problems sleeping as it is so am not going to loose more sleep over weight loss. Well done those who have lost, good luck to those who have their weighin looming. Hk i know you feel gutted, with gain and not eating much doesn't help, make sure you have your syns you deserve them. It will happen, you didn't put on that weight in 4 weeks so it won't come off in 4 weeks! (Don't mean to be harsh) luv to all Taff

:argh: Oh no, HE. Don't despair and don't throw in the towel. You have done so well.

What you have experienced happens to most dieters, and it's something with which I am all too familiar. I have been good and my weight doesn't go down and sometimes goes up. However, when I think back, I realise I haven't been perfect on all days and those days have caught up with me. I am in the same position as you right now and I know how frustrating this and how easy it is say "Sod it", and then pig out on something.

I know it is no consolation to you to say that you didn't put on weight every single week of your life pre-diet, and you can't expect it to come off every week, and sometimes it will go up, but it's true. Hang in there and follow the WI regime faithfully and you will be rewarded.

When I go out to eat, I tell myself "This is not the last meal you'll ever eat Julie", and I try to stick to plan and only have one plate of food at a buffet, just as if I was eating at home. In the past I would have always tried to get my money's worth at buffets. That's why I am fat. Even if food isn't fried or covered in creamy sauces, batter, doughy or sweet, etc it still contains calories. I'm the person who would have piled up my plate several times and drunk diet coke because I am "watching my weight". The only person I was fooling was myself.

Don't deny yourself syns, just stick to the plan and I am sure you will see that during the month of February, overall you'll have an excellent weight loss. :winner:

Remember how far you've already come, and remember the reason why you want to lose weight. You are not just doing it for you, you are doing for your family. Put yesterday's weigh in behind you. You know you can and will lose weight, but it's a marathon and there are always a few hiccups on the way.

That's a great post. I agree. HE so you gained a little (and it is a little) this week but how much have you lost over all so far? Quite a bit. You are doing incredibly well. Keep going.

Morning all?!!! So pissed off, have stayed the same eventhough I've not broken it once and worked so hard!! That's two weeks now, raging!!! :((((

Good morning all, sorry I missed you all yesterday, work was a long one and my eyes were too tired to look at a screen again! So much to catch up with!

RRH, I hope your little one is starting to feel better now? And Chelle, hope you’re feeling better too? If not, make yourself a lovely hot pan of soup, fill a mug and curl up on the sofa with a blanket – bliss!

Surzy, well done on another 3, your progress so far is fantastic! And combining this with stopping smoking is an impressive feat. My OH gave up about two years ago for good but was like bear with a sore head for about a month!

HE, I hope you’re feeling more positive again today? It is gutting but as everyone has already said, this is about the big picture and we’re here for the long game. This little blip will seem nothing soon even though it feels like everything right now. Just one thought from me – on some days are you actually eating enough? If you’re cutting syns are you cutting other things too? How about finding some new recipes that you really love to get you inspired again?

BBB, no such word as ‘only’ when it comes to weight loss – a loss is a loss and 1.5lbs is three whole packs of butter that you have melted away!

Hello Madtaff! A fellow taff here! Good luck with the allotment – bet it’s a bit soggy at the mo! We keep meaning to start in the garden again but can’t quite find the inspiration to get down there yet!

Bugsy and Purple sky (and anyone else for whom today is the day!) – Good Luck for Weigh In!!!!!

I’d better do some work as I’m sat at my desk typing this! I have a lovely cottage cheese quiche filled with loads of ham (red day) under my desk, my fruit bowl is full as is my water bottle and there is a piece of pork at home in the slow cooker so I have no excuses not to be 100% today! Trying to hold a few back this week as I have friends over for tea and a little drinky-poos tomorrow so need some vodka syns in hand! I might try one of the tips from another thread about using a new straw each drink (or a new lemon slice) and counting them up in the morning so I know how many I had – although knowing me, I’ll either count everyone’s or OH will be organised and throw them all away! Alternatively I might just measure mine out beforehand into a jug and once its gone its gone! So many plans just for perfectly syns balanced drink, and in reality once I’ve had a few all plans with vanish!

Morning all?!!! So pissed off, have stayed the same eventhough I've not broken it once and worked so hard!! That's two weeks now, raging!!! :((((

Bugsy, we crossed posts! Gutted for you mate, you've been so good! However, you must be saving it all up for a mega loss. Keep at it, keep drinking loads of water (I'm convinced it helps!) and I'll keep everything crossed for you for next week xxx

Hi all. Still down about the gain but thank you for all the words of support and encouragement. It means a lot. Also thanks for the advice and the possible explanations for the gain this week.

Ive managed to stay on plan, more because I simply couldnt be bothered searching out crap than eating what we already had in the house. Gotta a slightly better mindset today though.

One of the things I realised yesterday to do with last week was that I didnt really go geocaching, which normally involves a lot of walking, and didnt replace that with any other exercise. So that might well be part of the problem. 20:20 hindsight as they say.

Anyway, Im back on this week now and working towards next Tuesday. Ive opened up the book again to take another look at the superfree foods and the speed foods and see if I can increase my intake of those.

Got a birthday next month for my son and Im going to try and steer him away from the idea of the buffet place if he brings it up. As Julie said yesterday I went into the buffet with the mindset of getting my moneys worth, especially as I wasnt going to be touching half the stuff on offer as Im not prepared to pay the buffet price for 1 plate of food. So Im thinking if I can get him to go somewhere else I will have much more control over what I am going to eat. The other thing is that I have never been one to tell the chef/microwave how to cook my food in a restaurant, so its come to me with all the sauce etc on it. I need to learn to say how I want it cooked and how I want it served I think. Even if I can get my son to go to somewhere like Pizza Hut I know I can stay away from the pizza and eat another meal but I have to make sure I ask for it how I want it and not in the cream sauce or with the crap that comes with it.

But thats another month off yet.

So Im still with it, not going anywhere just yet. I need to up my exercise and sustain it.

Lots of people have posted their weigh ins. To those that lost, well done, I hate you :D only joking. To those that didnt join me in the corner for a comforting glass of water and an apple ;)

Ok Hiekel don't hate me (meep)

I lost 7lbs this week.

Hiekel you sound like you are in a better frame of mind today - just keep at it. Your losses have been incredible and I've no doubt that next weeks weigh in will bring another.

Bugsy I too am gutted for you, you are working so hard, again I hope next week brings a big loss.

Cherrypie you sound super organised for your red day - I'm very impressed. I have my Father in laws party this weekend and I'm going to flexi-syn it for the wine (am taking my own food). I have been extremely conservative with my syns this week in preparation - will probably put some of the 7lb back on by next weigh in. I just need the strength to stick within my selected flexi-syn and I'll be happy if I do that regardless.

Back