Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

Can I join the club?? Im bored bored bored of mince with tomato type sauce!!!
Im bored of bananas, Im bored of weetabix.

I lost 1lb this week which is 1 stone 2 lbs in four weeks but was gutted to lose just 1lb!

I had a piece of birthday cake today, now I have had some red wine and i just want to GIVE UP!!!!!

Did low carb (actually usually more like no carb) a couple of years ago and the weight just dropped off and I want to do it again so I can eat something different!

IM BORED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know Im picky, dont like fish, or chicken or meat with bones in, dont really like meat in sauce, dont like yoghurt (except plain)

But I love sausage rolls, pies and cakes ;-)
It sounds like it has dropped off you this time too! 16lbs in four weeks is amazing, I lost only 1lb on week four as well but then lost 2.5lbs on week five.
Keep at it, sausage rolls, pies and cakes are a tricky one but maybe you could find some low sin cakes as treats, remember 15 sins :)
are you doing red or EE??

I am finding this week hard too but positive thinking and people on here help me to keep going

Thanks katoof! Trouble is i have really high standards for myself and anything less than 100% is a failure in my eyes (Luckily Im not so harsh on everyone else!) I usually try not to use syns unless im desperate, and also in another way because Im scared I wont be able to stop if I start with the treats!

Just got to follow my own advice and keep on keeping on!! Tomorrow is another day!

I know and I understand, I probably use 20 sins per week, and if i dont loose 2 lbs a week i feel so gutted. But i just force myself to remember its still a loss. this is so much easier saying to you than when I try to convince myself.

I have been going to 5-7 fitness classes per week and been 100% on plan so cant understand when my losses are small. BUT i worked out if i lost 1/2 a lb a week it would still be about 2 stone a year. I am in this for the long run!

Thanks katoof! Trouble is i have really high standards for myself and anything less than 100% is a failure in my eyes (Luckily Im not so harsh on everyone else!) I usually try not to use syns unless im desperate, and also in another way because Im scared I wont be able to stop if I start with the treats!

So with you both on this one, i too lost loads of weight on atkins but obviously put it all back on again! I am uber competitive but only with myself and therefore set myself standards in all aspects of life which are completely unattainable.... I too worried about treats but then realised that that is where i went wrong before ie felt great because i hadnt treated myself then got to target and ate everythinhg in sight! Now i dont profess to be an expert here, far from it, but i think that building in syns to everyday eating has helped me to go from an all or nothing attitude to every thing in moderation and still loose weight - hope this helps!;)

Evening my lovelies, hope you've all had a good Saturday?
I've been trying to keep busy all day, and as a result food has been good and all on track -result!
Madmazy - how did your collecting go? I hope you had generous donators, forgiving shoes and sunny weather!

Katoof and Lessoflou - I think that fayhamy is right, the syns are an important part of the plan, and ironically reading the boards most people seem to lose best when they use them! I am a little nervous of having too many sweets and chocolates in the house as I'm still not sure that after a difficult day in work I wouldn't scoff the lot but I really enjoy planning a few treats, trying out the new recipes and using some for little extras the make my meals more exciting - gravies, sauces, grated cheese etc. I've not been doing this for long enough to advise anyone, but trust the plan, these boards are full of people who have lost so much weight that it truely really must work!

Take Care xxx

Morning everyone, half way to weigh in!!! Have been so good all week, only thing was yesterday I didn't have many superfree wit my meals coz was in my mams all day!
Have been painting last few days as moving house abd haven't had much time for exercise but I'm hoping the painting and up and down ladders will do for this week!!! Who knows!!
Did anyone do anything nice last nite or any nice plans for today

hi everyone ive got about 8 stone to loose i joined class 4 th jan and lost 9lbs so far xx

Welcome and good luck! You are really doing well! Started SW at home mid January, this forum helps a lot to stay motivated.

Happy Sunday to everybody! Hope you are having a good weekend. Woke up this morning and was hungry, could have eaten everything and anything :eek: Never a good start into the day for me so I decided to have a "pamper Me" day. Spent hours in the bathroom, hair, nails, feet, scrupping, moiturising (that's probably why it took so long because there is lots of me to be moiturised ;))... Was great and once I emerged I made lunch of ovenbaked chicken with green bean salad. Later I'll do my nails properly while watching some eye-candy on dvd (not yet decided who'll be my little pick-me-up :p).
Feel much better now and more in control. Have a good day!

Well done Kristel!

I havent done so well, I woke up and ate a HUGE bowl of fruit before going to aerobics BUT since I have got back I have eaten eaten and eaten. I have tried to stick to free stuff but I am starving, I dont know whats up. I had a huge stirfry, a portion of baked beans, 2x muller lights, loads of fruit. I AM STILL HUNGRY. I cant seem to get my mind off the food because I feel hungry, it not just craving, but its not possible to still be hungry, I have eaten so much.

Oh and I have attempted to make a cheescake as i have been craving one all week

Katoof, I blame the weather (it cannot defend itself :p). It's cold, rainy, miserable... I think we all have these days, and you made good choices, sticking to the plan - even if it's not particularly portion controlled. Do you maybe have syns left for a special treat? I always try to trick myself. Now I'm sitting in the living room, one of those Britta waterfilters next to me and drinking as if it's 30 degrees. I opened the window in the kitchen so that it's freezing and I don't want to go in there ;)
Good luck!

I love it, it is defiantly the weathers fault :p I would open my kitchen window too except there is no door on my kitchen at the moment. I have all my sins left but am going to try and save them for the cheesecake later! at least I have exercised today and I am going swimming and aqua aerobics in a bit so i will be ok, just dont understand where this hunger has appeared from. I am due on so maybe its that, dreading putting on this week as loads of others said they have when they were due on

Am not an expert (just started SW a month ago) but am sure you'll be fine when you do excercise, have all your syns left and ate mostly free food. I understand that you want to do the best you can with SW but one "hungry" day will not ruin everything. Good luck and enjoy your excercise!
(Wish I had the confidence yet to go swimming. I might if they invented a tunnel from the changing rooms to the water so that I do not have to do the "walk of shame" ;))

I hate the walk of shame. I keep my towel around me as long as possible and get in deep as quick as i can. I know people look at me and sometimes i want to look them in the eye and say......, yeah i know how bad i look but im here because i want it to change.... However i keep my head down and try and think of what i might loose on wednesday :)

Ooh, can I join in please?
I joined SW last Monday & have about 5 stone to lose.
Have done well so far.......apart from yesterday :(
Started the day with Weetabix & Banana, then it all went downhill. Went into town & managed to resist the lure of KFC etc, but bought a cake on the way home. Lunch sort of went out the window, as did dinner, but not the huge bag of toffee popcorn :( Just couldn't stop eating it and wondered why I woke up with a thumping headache this morning.

Am back on track today though & going to make sure it stays that way. :D

Afternoon all has anyone tried the 12 speed soup? I've currently got one in the slow cooker everyone says it's really nice but it smells awful.

I havent tried it, let me know what its like!! WHat have you put in it?

The soup is lovely - I've got another big pan on the go at the moment! Actually this one is a bit of a hybrid cos I had lots of bits that needed using up so it's got:
third of a huge bag of spinich
tescos pepper stirfry - out of date yesterday! :(
large onion
leeks
carrots
celery
butternut squash
baked beans
2 tins tomatoes
red lentils
veg stock cubes
chilli/garlic/salt/pepper

I've just had a taste & it's flipping gorgeous! ;) Good job really cos there's about 5 litres of it! :eek:

Hiya can I join please, i've got 5 stone to lose so could really do with the help lol xx Boo xx

Katoof and Kristel - I'm with you two, today has been a hungry day and its taken all my willpower to not eat rubbish this afternoon. I did have 6 syns worth of green and blacks, lovely and worth every syn but am resisting the call of the cheese! Think I need to plan a cheesy meal for very soon, get it out of my system before it takes control! I have a pot of leek and potato soup on the hob now so a big mug of that should finish off my appetite for today!

Hello to the new posters, hope you're having a good SW Sunday?

And Bugsy, I still have everything crossed for your WI this week!

Last edited:
Hi Boo, welcome aboard. I've found this thread provides lots of inspiration for those of us with a lot to lose.
Julie

Back