Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

how much green and blacks is 6 sins. I have had no chocolate in five weeks

It was my first since starting so tasted even better for the wait! I bought a 100g dark with ginger, which was 26 syns for the whole thing and had 20g - couldn't decide whether to call it 5 or 6 so opted for 6 to be on the safe side! I think this was 8 little squares so a good serving!
I really wanted a mini bar but couldn't see them in the shop - I have asked OH to put the remainder of the bar in his car! He doesn't like it and its far enough away to be safe from me too!!!

Hello I will be yout buddy

I have lots to loose, trouble is I am really struggling to use this site. I find it difficult to navigate. How do i find all my post etc. Very frustrating

Heidi

Feeling rubbish again. I think I've got another head cold. Fed up I've only had one full week being well, in the last 4. Hope this don't hang around too long.

Feeling rubbish again. I think I've got another head cold. Fed up I've only had one full week being well, in the last 4. Hope this don't hang around too long.

Hope this one is just passing by and that you feel better very soon! There have been some nasty bugs about this winter - but spring is so close now I can almost feel it and then we can all start getting back out for some fresh air and banishing those bugs once and for all xxx

Well it doesn't really taste of much but there's absolutely loads of it think I'll
Be eating it for weeks!!

I used to have this problem with soups - try swiss vegetable bullion, just a stock powder really with a strange bright yellow colour but it seems to give soups a better depth of flavour!

I made leek & potato last night, tastes yum but the leeks had lots of green and the resulting soup is abit day-glo in colour!!

My WI day today (at home), and another 1lb down! Just the one but thats OK, its one in the right direction and I'll keep chipping away for a higher number next week!

Good luck to everyone else with WI today xxx

My WI day today (at home), and another 1lb down! Just the one but thats OK, its one in the right direction and I'll keep chipping away for a higher number next week!

Good luck to everyone else with WI today xxx

Thats still very good as you said a lb in the right direction. Currently have a belly full of grapefruit and various other fruits. Got butternut squash soup for lunch.

Might have to get some of that stock powder as well the soup is nice but squashes can be a little on the bland side even with seasonings.

Lovely simple recipes though, 2lbs of squash, 2 red onions, stock to cover and seasonings. Cut up onions and squash put in a pan with the stock and then cook for 45 mins. Blend up and ta da soup :D

Hello I will be yout buddy

I have lots to loose, trouble is I am really struggling to use this site. I find it difficult to navigate. How do i find all my post etc. Very frustrating

Heidi

Hello Heidi, Welcome to Minimins. :hug99:

I don't know how to find all my old posts in one plast, but the "Quick Links" shows all the threads where I've posted.

You might find the "All Diets" list useful because if you can navigate to all the threads from there.

I find Minimins is very good to keep me motivated as I am dieting at home without a counsellor or official weigh-in. I participate in the some of the exercise and diet forums. I originally had over 7 stone to lose, but now I have less than 5 to go. I know it still seems a lot, but I am chuffed with the weight I've already lost. Because I feel accountable to my diet ticker and the threads in Minimins, it's help keep me on track, or make me motivated to get on track and do exercise even when I don't really want to.

You can also start up your own diary thread.

Hope that helps. If you have any other questions, just ask.

Julie

That's still a good loss Cherrypie.

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling so good Amanda1976. Wrap up and go for a walk. It might make you feel better.

Lovely simple recipes though, 2lbs of squash, 2 red onions, stock to cover and seasonings. Cut up onions and squash put in a pan with the stock and then cook for 45 mins. Blend up and ta da soup :D

The soup sounds delicious PurpleSky. To give a bit more flavour you could add some garlic, or chili flakes, or both. I make a similar one, where I saute the garlic and onions first in the bottom of a heavy bottomed saucepan with a squirt of 1 calorie spray, then add a teaspoon of chili flakes or whole cumin for a minute or two before adding butternut or any kabocha type squash, stock or water to almost cover and then cook until soft. Blend all together and season to taste. Serve with some chopped fresh chives or parsley on top. You can also swirl in a tsp of fat free plain yoghurt onto it when serving. It's really delicious.

I love squash and pumpkin roasted with lots of peppers and onions, but in a soup they do need something to give them some 'oomph' - Julie's idea to fry off some cumin with the onion sounds lovely, would give it warmth and depth without overpowering the veg.
I keep meaning to dig out a recipe I used to have for a chicken and sweetcorn chowder as that was always yummy too! If I can find it I'll share the recipe x

Went to weigh in this morning, still not feeling all that. Couldn't face breakfast, but I'm having lunch now. Well I lost 3lb so very happy with that. I hope i feel better soon. I want to do more exercise, but can't at the moment.

Last edited:
Well done to all the weigh ins today, there's done great weight losses!!!
Good on ye!!!

Amandas11976 said:
Went to weigh in this morning, still not feeling all that. Couldn't face breakfast, but I'm having lunch now. Well I lost 3lb so very happy with that. I hope i feel better soon. I want to do more exercise, but can't at the moment.

Amazing loss Hun, hope it's the pick up you need. Xxxx

Bellybegone said:
Amazing loss Hun, hope it's the pick up you need. Xxxx

I'm happy enough with following slimming world, I'm just ill. Couldn't even eat all of my dinner tonight. I'm off to bed in a minute. Hope I feel better tomorrow.

Hello

I know I am turning up a little late to the party but can I come in and stand in the corner for a bit? I started SW at the beginning of the year and did brilliantly but once the January abstention phase was over I had a week when I gained and got really depressed. I have just over 6 stone to lose and even one little gain really got me down. I thought if I used this forum I might be able to get over setbacks without sabotaging everything.

So basically I am looking for people who understand the ups and downs and can support me whilst giving me a chance to do the same back.

Hope that is okay!

Re syns - I have a syns box in the fridge - a little box of treats that account for half of my weekly syns allowance - mini cheeses, kitkats, little dime bar minis etc

It gets restocked every tuesday night - i know it's all safe to nibble at if i get the urge.

I wont binge on the left overs tho - just top the box back up to the necessary level :)

Back