Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

Well done wit all the losses today, everyones just doin great, really are, we should be all so proud of ourselves!!!
It's amazing last nite I had yummy ciabatta and rashers wit real butter, and half a yorkie to finish off, as a treat for losing weight!! Felt totally in control , and was able to leave rest of yorkie there as didn't need it, up this morning and had an omelette, totally back on track, in this diet I never really feel that deprived!! And I'm able to have my treats and start again!! Maybe it's positive frame of mind I don't know, but it's working!!!

Hey Cherry-Pie totally agree thank god it Friday it has been a long week lol! My OH wants a slow cooker but im not so sure - they have never appealed to me to be honest.

My weigh in 2 mora and i feel very positive that i have finally got into the 14st mark but you never know what will happen so all fingers and toes crossed lol

Hope everyone is having a good day/week :)

Good afternoon all. Hope everyone is doing ok. Had a good day here so far, did my exercise on the Wii, though I id manage to slip off the back of the Wii Fit board and thought I had broken it at first. Seems its stronger than me though haha.

Slow cooker recipes
My favourite is/was a simple bacon, potato and leek soup, and of course its syn free on EE
Depending on the size of slow cooker you have (we have 2 different sizes, one big, one HUUUUUUGE). If its a big one double up on everything below

1 pack cooking bacon (fat trimmed off) roughly chopped
1 large/2 small leek chopped
Lots of potato (skins on or off) cut into smallish roastie sizes. You want enough so that the SC is about 2/3rd full.
Water to just under the top of the food (I would suggest boiled water from the kettle. Means that the SC doesnt have to heat the water and saves a good 1/2 hr cooking time)
Add herbs, black pepper and Worcester Sauce to taste.

Cook on low for 7 hours or high for 4 hours.

Once cooked remove about 1/2 to 2/3rds of the chunky food. Blend the rest in the SC to a thickish soup. If its too thin add some more of the food back and carry on blitzing to get the consistency you want. Once blitzed add the rest of the chunky food back in and stir. Add more pepper and Worcester Sauce if needed.
Serve.

I normally make this with double the ingredients above in the larger SC and the left overs are then bagged and frozen for micro-lunches.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the recipes guys. I love the idea of just putting a whole chunk of meat in it Cherry-Pie so thanks for that idea. I am certainly going to give that a go.

My next question is about syns. I don't really eat any of my syns but think I should so that I avoid the all or nothing approach to eating that got me to this weight in the first place. Do any of you have syn stuff sitting in the house to have like chocolate or something like that? I am not sure that I could stop myself part way through something open but if it is individually wrapped I am quite good. I love nuts and seeds as well as chocolate so if anyone has any suggestions of what I could have as a treat without going over my syns I would love to hear it.

Thanks for the recipes guys. I love the idea of just putting a whole chunk of meat in it Cherry-Pie so thanks for that idea. I am certainly going to give that a go.

My next question is about syns. I don't really eat any of my syns but think I should so that I avoid the all or nothing approach to eating that got me to this weight in the first place. Do any of you have syn stuff sitting in the house to have like chocolate or something like that? I am not sure that I could stop myself part way through something open but if it is individually wrapped I am quite good. I love nuts and seeds as well as chocolate so if anyone has any suggestions of what I could have as a treat without going over my syns I would love to hear it.

Syn stuff I have is 2 finger KitKats, all flavours. These are 5 1/2 syns for the 2 fingers.
And I have a 200g bar of Cadburys Bournville chocolate. Its about 2 weeks old now and lives in the fridge. I will normally have 2 blocks at a time. Each block is 2 syns. Though I wont have Bournville on the same day as a KitKat.
Normally have it in bed as an end of day treat.

I need to look for some low sin snacks too. Has anyone tried the skinny cow hot chocolates?

I'm off to bed now, I hope the tablets have worked enough to let me have a full night in bed. I don't want to sleep on the sofa again. Haven't had a full nights sleep since Saturday, I am what you could call knackered.

Well done on all the losses! Since I've been back on track I feel SO much better, even though it's only the end of day 2!

Been doing red days and so far so good!

Cherry-pie: thanks so much for the slow cooker recipes! I need to start using mine more - had not realised you could put a whole joint of meat in!!

Does anyone have any red day lunch ideas? I'm currently writing my food plan out for the rest of the week.
If I don't have cereal I usually have scrambled egg or an omelette with either ham (mushrooms/tomatoes/onions etc) or smoked salmon.

Dinner is normally meat or fish with HEAPS of veg - seriously - today I have seven kinds with my chicken!!!

Sometimes have a weighed amount of potatoes but usually save b's for weetabix!!!

Lunch ideas anyone? So far I've had salad salad and salad - got some soups written down too, but sometimes they're not so filling.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great weekend xx

Hello everyone:)
im bored of eating the same things all the time, has anyone got any meal ideas please x x x

samieds said:
Hello everyone:)
im bored of eating the same things all the time, has anyone got any meal ideas please x x x

There are loads of threads on here with meal ideas-there is one called what's for lunch or dinner or something and that is great

Evening all, hope everyone is having a good saturday? I took the dogs for a lovely walk through the woods - blew all the office cobwebs away! Been to aldi too for super six veg bargains and the 2 for HEB cereal bars they do - not tasted yet, but feedback elsewhere is good and cheaper than my beloved fibre plus bars!

Re the syns ideas, I tend to use some everyday for sauce or gravy but do have a little treat on most days. Favourites include:
bag of mini party rings (6 syns)
mini ritter chocolate bar (3 syns, aldi)
1/2 mini bar (60p size!) co-op dark chocolate with orange and spice (sooooo yummy, melts slowly on your tongue!) (5 syns)
mini milk (1.5 syns)
walls mini twister choc and caramel (2 syns)

As for lunches, this is probably where I have the most repetition. I'm limited to packed lunches in work as no access to microwave, although sometimes buy a plain jacket pot and add my own filling! Regulars for me include:
- quiche made with cottage cheese, 2 or 3 eggs, ham or bacon and any veggies I fancy
- homemade soups
- tuna in e l mayo with salad
- crispbreads, laughing cow and ham (for in a rush days!)
- sw homous and crispbreads (green or EE days)
- pasta mixed with laughing cow, ham or chicken and sweetcorn (green or EE days)
Always with a free yogurt and at least three pieces of fruit!

Hope you all have a good saturday night - quiet one for us this week, dinner and a film I think!

Take care xxx

hey guys well it was weigh in for me today and ive lost another 2lbs wahoooo and guess what im in to my next stone so dam happy cant explain. My OH lost another 3lbs this week and he's looking fab but why does it come of men so quickly lol I've now lost 1st 7lbs so HAPPY!!! lol Im gonna give myself another shinny sticker as soon as i finish typing this lol
For dinner 2night i had pizza, wedges & salad all for 12syns!! In this months SW magazine there is a pizza in there and if your like me who LOVES pizza (this is one take away i really miss) i was amazed how bloody lovely it was. I tried making the smash based pizza people rate about but i thought it was gross so when i saw this i thought i defo gotta give it a go. The pizza makes 6 serves @ 4 syns each so me and OH had half each and i recommend this to anyone with that urge :)
Hey samieds the kind of meals i have are, Chilli Con Carne, Spag Bol, Chicken Kiev, Steak with Peppercorn Sauce, Chinese Noodles, Stir Frys, Currys, Beef Stew, Chicken in Pittas, Lasange and i always do too much so we have enough left over to use for lunch the following day. All these recipes you can get off SW website - hope this helps?
Im not very good with snacks. The only things i have are Alpen Light bars (2 on HeB), Mug Shots (free EE), fruit, fruit and more fruit lol I also love my crisps which are always in my cupboard Wotsits, Skips, French Fries & Quavers & sometimes Snack a Jacks - these are the only things i use syns on to be honest.
Ive seriously been talking WAY too much so better go lol
xxx :p

Hi everyone. Well done, Chelle, on the 2lb. Its a good loss.

Had a good day myself. Spent the afternoon geocaching with my son and a good friend. We had some great fun and there is a real good video we took that I will see if I can sort out a link to.

My friend said something to me today that was both good and bad to hear. He said 'your face looks a bit thinner'. My face? MY FACE?!?!?!?
Thats the one area of my body Im NOT bothered about losing weight on and sods law its the one place that apparently looks different! What about my stomach? I want that gone, not my face!
But it was nice to know that someone has noticed any kind of difference after just over a months work.

More geocaching tomorrow, so need some sleep. Have a great day tomorrow everyone.

morning everyone :)

Ohh HE i feel your pain because the weight has come off my face too and i was like what! what about my stomach and to makes thinghs worse my OH is healthy eating with me too and his weight has seem to come off his stomach lol :)))))))))))) oh well at least its coming off lol

Off for a long walk today..talking the dog so spk soon x

Good Morning

I am the same as you both, dont think the weight is shifting from my belly or my face lol, its coming off my boobs and i cant afford to loose anything there lol
Hope you are all well this morning. Im at work 7am til 12pm :-( xXx

HE & Chelle, I've had comments about my face too. I think it is because friends look at your face when they talk to you, not your stomach! :jelous:

I had a good friend mention that my cheekbones are coming back. I have high cheekbones, but they had all but disappeared. Of course, we carry less weight on our face so any loss is more noticeable. If you're losing it off your face, it means you are losing it off the rest of your body, which is fantastic.

I've lost 2 stone now and people are saying "you look nice" to me, and that's because I can get into some clothes comfortably that I couldn't even squeeze into before. My closest friend did say that my stomach was flatter when I was standing sideways. It's still there, but it isn't eclipsing the sun, if you know what I mean. I'm hoping I'll soon be able to look down and see my feet without having to wear clown shoes! :D

Does anyone have any red day lunch ideas? I'm currently writing my food plan out for the rest of the week.
If I don't have cereal I usually have scrambled egg or an omelette with either ham (mushrooms/tomatoes/onions etc) or smoked salmon.

I usually do Red Days on weekends as I find it easier to have Green during the week (heat up rice or pasta in microwave). But when I am on Red during the week:
- wholemeal role (he) with smoked salmon and laughing cow (he)
- wholemeal role (he) with boiled egg and salad/cucumber
- mince with veg (e.g. onion, sprouts, cauliflower) in tomatoe sauce

Back