Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

Gemmalina said:
Congrats! Well done on getting your stone award!

Thanks, I'm rather pleased with myself. Motivation to keep going.

A very quiet day here today!!
Congrats on the losses today, well done!!!
Me' I'm struggling and barely hanging on, had a disastrous weekend of eating, just didn't stop, all weekend tried to get back today right, but really tired and getting my * week , but I'll struggle on!! Not expecting any great loss this week!!!
Have we thought about the march challenge at all, I missed the feb one by half a pound, this month want to do better!!!

Surzy said:
I don't think i will get the 3lbs off this week to hit my 8lb target either!

March target .. i'm going for 8 again!!

Me' too surzy!! Eventhough it's my birthday on the 17th but it's only one day and I'm moving house next week!!! All go!!!
We'll have to do better in march

I worked out that my total losses for February was 9 lb. I think I will still set my march target as 8 lb, any more is a bonus. Good luck everyone else. Hope you all get the losses you want.

March is a longer month ;)

We can do better :) x

We really can do it! The nights are slowly getting lighter, which is a huge motivation for me, Its starting to get warmer (on some days anyway!) and we can begin to imagine summer - and the dreaded removal of layers of clothing!!

Happy St Davids Day!!!

morning everyone well done on the weight losses....lets keep going.

Im having a good week so far...exercise is going good as the mornings are becoming more lighter i have started talking the dog for a walk in the morning before work. Even though its only 15-20mins i guess its still moving! Feeling alot better :)

I just wished the weight would come off quicker lol :)

Anyway hope everyone is having a good week :)

Disappointed but knew it would happen! I went for sunbed on say and used a cream that I hv never used before. I have scalded myself. So warm to touch skin. I uv put on.aftersun, natural yoghurt. Nothing is helping. My clothes are so tight and rubbing against it all the time! Its agony. Can hardly bend! I feel like such a failure this week!! I hv been doing so well. Want to just go and have a big blow out since I hv gained weight anyway!!

May I join you all?

This is my second week on SW, my weigh in is on Thursday. I have a total of 6st 1lb to loose to get to goal. I lost 5.5lb in my first week.

Disappointed but knew it would happen! I went for sunbed on say and used a cream that I hv never used before. I have scalded myself. So warm to touch skin. I uv put on.aftersun, natural yoghurt. Nothing is helping. My clothes are so tight and rubbing against it all the time! Its agony. Can hardly bend! I feel like such a failure this week!! I hv been doing so well. Want to just go and have a big blow out since I hv gained weight anyway!!

Oh no, that sounds so painful. When did it happen? I think all you can do is keep drinking plenty of fluids (your skin needs lots of hydration to repair itself when damaged) and put on cooling gels (the chemist should stock gel for putting on burns). I can't think of anything else that would help.

Don't give up. I'm def an emotional eater and would feel like doing the same thing. But then the guilt will follow and you will feel worse. If you say no now (you will be in control of what you eat, not your emotions) you will slowly begin to feel better.

Sending lots of (very gentle) hugs your way.

Oh no, that sounds so painful. When did it happen? I think all you can do is keep drinking plenty of fluids (your skin needs lots of hydration to repair itself when damaged) and put on cooling gels (the chemist should stock gel for putting on burns). I can't think of anything else that would help.

Don't give up. I'm def an emotional eater and would feel like doing the same thing. But then the guilt will follow and you will feel worse. If you say no now (you will be in control of what you eat, not your emotions) you will slowly begin to feel better.

Sending lots of (very gentle) hugs your way.

I went for the sunbed on saturday. the pain is getting worse now though. I put natural yoghurt on it yesterday. It did cool it down and then its just got really sore again! i put chamomile lotion on it last night and it seems to hv made it a little worse! It is stinging now!!!!!!
I did have a bad night last night. Comforting eating !!! I am now going to get back on track today!
The other thing i have changed this week is to drink lots of hot water and lemon but i wasnt using fresh lemons. it was the jif lemon juice! Do you think thats been having an effect on my gain aswell this week?? xx

I went for the sunbed on saturday. the pain is getting worse now though. I put natural yoghurt on it yesterday. It did cool it down and then its just got really sore again! i put chamomile lotion on it last night and it seems to hv made it a little worse! It is stinging now!!!!!!
I did have a bad night last night. Comforting eating !!! I am now going to get back on track today!
The other thing i have changed this week is to drink lots of hot water and lemon but i wasnt using fresh lemons. it was the jif lemon juice! Do you think thats been having an effect on my gain aswell this week?? xx

Ouch, this sounds painful you poor thing! Perhaps give the sunbed place a call to see what they recommend? If you're at home I'd try as many cool showers / baths as you can bear as you need to get the heat out of your skin. Sometimes creams, gels etc can help with the pain but can create a barrier, effectively trapping the heat in. I wonder if paracetemol would help with the pain too?
In terms of not losing this week, it could be related to the skin burns - perhaps being warmer your body is holding onto water (the same as when we bloat in a hot country)? I may be completely off track here though! Try drinking lots and lots of water - you'll be cooling yourself from the inside then too!
Hope you feel better soon xxx

May I join you all?

This is my second week on SW, my weigh in is on Thursday. I have a total of 6st 1lb to loose to get to goal. I lost 5.5lb in my first week.

Hi Gemmalina, nice to 'meet' you! Great first week, and keep going for a good one on Thursday!

Im having a good week so far...exercise is going good as the mornings are becoming more lighter i have started talking the dog for a walk in the morning before work. Even though its only 15-20mins i guess its still moving! Feeling alot better :)
:)

Well done you, I bet you feel all virtuous for the day having started it so well?! I used to love walking the dogs first thing before the rest of the world was really awake! I have to leave for work about 7.00am these days and can't bear the thought of getting up any earlier so OH does our morning runs now during the week. I've been trying to consciously move around the office more but its not the same as being outside!!

Happy this week, 2.5lbs off. Slow losses but hey ho its coming off :)
Also got my first SOW...only half a pound now for the stone

Sarahlou89 said:
Happy this week, 2.5lbs off. Slow losses but hey ho its coming off :)
Also got my first SOW...only half a pound now for the stone

Brill well done. Slow and steady wins the race

Debz - I think cherry-pie's recommendation is a good one - you should call the sunbed place and see what they say. I can't imagine you are the first person they have had call about this kind of thing.

Cherry-pie also made a good point about you potentially retaining water due to burns.

Glad you are back on track today - every needs a mad day everyone once in a while.

Back