Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

I love gammon too, went to harvester for lunch, had gammon, spit roast chicken and a jacket. I was so full I didn't even think about dessert. Which is good for me as I love their brownie and ice cream. Wouldn't even guess at how many syns that is.

Mmmm, me too - I think its the lovely savoury saltiness. I never add salt to food, rarely use it in cooking but salty gammon and bacon - bad but yummy!! And don't even get me started on frazzles - thankfully they are fairly sw friendly for a little bag!!!

CherryPie - how did you make the BBQ sauce - loved to know????

This was a blend of other people's recipes but it turned out blooming lovely!
- 1/2 carton of pasatta (so about 250ml)
- 250ml diet cola (stay with me, it worked!)
- small onion, chopped as tiny as you can (or blitzed)
- 2 cloves garlic (again as small as you can or blitz with the onion)
- few drops of hot chilli sauce or 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- dessert spoon each of worcestershire sauce and balsamic vinegar
- teaspoon of mustard
- 2 tbsn sweetner
- pinch each salt and pepper

Frylight a heavy saucepan, gently fry off the onion and garlic (don't let it burn) for 2-3 mins, add all other ingredients and bring to a slow boil. Simmer for approx 15- 20 mins stirring regularly until it is reduced to your desired consistency.

I served it on chicken breasts wrapped in bacon with a HEA cheese for a classic hunters chicken. Went realy well with a big pile of roasted veggies.

xxx

Last edited:
Well, I had my weigh in last night and am down 1.5lb so got my half stone shiny - am doing a happy dance!!!! I am now 1/12 of the way there :D

Yay, well done honey!!! I like the 1/12 of the way, it'll be a sixth and then a quarter before you know it xxx

Hi everyone :) I have 8 stone to lose to be where I want to be. 9 stone to be where BMI tells me I should be.... it seems a million miles off but I'm determined!! Lots of inspiration here, well done people x

Thanks Cherry Pie i will so be trying it this weekend :)

Auburn said:
Hi everyone :) I have 8 stone to lose to be where I want to be. 9 stone to be where BMI tells me I should be.... it seems a million miles off but I'm determined!! Lots of inspiration here, well done people x

You're in the right place. We are all in the same boat and doing it together.

I'm so glad i didn't have the chocolate brownie and ice-cream at harvester yesterday, just found out it's 37 syns. I suppose something that tastes that good would have a lot of syns.

yeah so far so good but I keep telling myself it wont matter is I loose less than my target each week. I set my target at 2lbs a week but need to remember any loss si a step in the right direction. I have seen people at class so demoralized by a 1/2 lb or 1 lb loss and always tell them that its still a loss, just preparing myself as I know my losses are likely to slow down. How are you getting on at the moment? Looks like your losses are ace, I need 1lb next week to 1 1/2 stone award, that will be in 9 weeks ( unlike your 5 weeks jealous lol) Well done you :D

and well done everyone for sticking with it, I know how hard it can be, and i think we are all making a positive step just by using this website for extra support,

Cherry pie - yeah so far so good but I keep telling myself it wont matter is I loose less than my target each week. I set my target at 2lbs a week but need to remember any loss si a step in the right direction. I have seen people at class so demoralized by a 1/2 lb or 1 lb loss and always tell them that its still a loss, just preparing myself as I know my losses are likely to slow down. How are you getting on at the moment? Looks like your losses are ace, I need 1lb next week to 1 1/2 stone award, that will be in 9 weeks ( unlike your 5 weeks jealous lol) Well done you :D

and well done everyone for sticking with it, I know how hard it can be, and i think we are all making a positive step just by using this website for extra support

Hi I've got 10 stone to lose, however I'm looking at SW being my new way of eating from now on.
This is my second go at SW, I was on it last year but a new job/operation etc messed it up.

Life is on an even keel now, but my job means long long hours (i'm a support worker), although I can cook at work, it means making two meals (we're not allowed to eat their food of course) and to be honest the washing up drives me mad! I would love to be able to make meals or the week at home, but our freezer is full of fast food for my husband and kids!

So the things that sabotage me are:
Long shifts away from home
Service User eats out sometimes at lunch, jacket potato and beans can get tedious
Having to take food to work, so on Tuesday for instance I will need breakfast, lunch, dinner, then I sleep in and work till 4pm Wednesday, so again I need breakfast and lunch, not to mention snacks!

Any tips or advice would be very gratefully received thanks Shirl x

Hi Shirleen!
I know exactly what you mean about the freezer - pre-sw mine was choc full of breaded chicken, fish fingers, frozen chips, etc etc for me and my hubby.

As the freezer has emptied i have restocked with healthier options marinated chicken portions, frozen veg bags, mccain 3% fat chips etc

Take control back :) and encourage them to be healthy too! They need your support.

I am going to make the assumption that you have a car with you at work? Or a small space you can leave things in a cool bag?

Pack a cool bag with lots of fruit, pasta pot shots, mug shots etc for when you need a snack.

If i have long days I tend to have more green days as pasta and rice will keep quite well in a cool box during the day and warm up quickly in the microwave.

One thing I do cook in advance and squeeze a little of my freezer space for is home made pasta sauce - made in batches and frozen in freezer bags.

I cook pasta at home in the morning - cool it in cold water and pop it in a tupperware. I double bag the frozen pasta sauce and stick it in the cool bag too - then when i want it - i warm the pasta sauce in a cup ... and add to pasta .. and warm pasta for a minute or two. Intant sw friendly food :)

Bagged salad and packs of sliced meat from a supermarket .. or that no drain tuna are a blessing if you wanted a red day - again just throw it in the cool bag!

Eating out - Jacket spuds are always a good fall back, but check the menu for other tasty treats first. Tasty salads with grilled meat or fish ... ask for dressing on the side (I take my own low/no syn dressing in a little bottle if I know we're going out!)

Just a few of my survival tips.
Good luck :)

Surzy x

Welcome Shirl and Auburn!

Well guys, have had a good week so far! After my success of 100% days last week (whoo!) I started a 'fish week' after reading a thread on here.
Thursday and Friday went well and were 100% fish days!

That was until last night when I had a cup cake! Argh! It's only 6 syns.. Should be okay right? Well, it WOULD have been did I not ALSO have a bar of galaxy yesterday :eek: 12.5 syyns!!! :O don't know what happened - I never use my sins like that - and as you know I was saving them for this weekend, which I'm sure has been sent to try me :p

Anyway, prepared food for the journey - grapes cous cous et al, so I don't syn at service stations :p and will flexi syn tonight!

Hope everyone has a fab weekend!!!!

Surzy said:
Off to London to see The Wizard of Oz this weekend - I'm so excited I can't tell you!!!

Already planning my weekend's food tho - packing some fruit and Alpen Lights to keep me on track and less likely to snack on Krispy Kreme!!!

Jealous! Have a great time hun! I'm away too - fingers crossed for me! X

cherry-pie said:
Hello to Pizza, Kerry and Mr Boony, I hope you and everyone else are all doing OK on this gorgeous spring day?

Ela ine, fantastic loss - well done you! Enjoy your weekend away.

Thank you lovely! I need to be more organised with my lunch!

LostGirl said:
Afternoon!

Hope everyone is ok, I'm still trying to learn the ropes of it all but am so pleased at how much is free! Not hungry at all during the day but am at night so need to look at what other quick snacky things I can have without feeling guilty!

Bit nervous about next week fingers crossed I've lost even if it's only 0.5lbs lol x

Good luck with your weigh in Hun! Can't wait to hear how you've done :)

katoof said:
hi guys, hope everyone is doing well, my mantra at the moment is even if I loose 1/2 a lb a week I will be nearly 2 st lighter by next year. That means I will be loosing weigh much faster than I put it on.

That's a good way of looking at if! Hope this works for me too! As long as it's all in the right direction :D

cherry-pie said:
This was a blend of other people's recipes but it turned out blooming lovely!
- 1/2 carton of pasatta (so about 250ml)
- 250ml diet cola (stay with me, it worked!)
- small onion, chopped as tiny as you can (or blitzed)
- 2 cloves garlic (again as small as you can or blitz with the onion)
- few drops of hot chilli sauce or 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- dessert spoon each of worcestershire sauce and balsamic vinegar
- teaspoon of mustard
- 2 tbsn sweetner
- pinch each salt and pepper

Frylight a heavy saucepan, gently fry off the onion and garlic (don't let it burn) for 2-3 mins, add all other ingredients and bring to a slow boil. Simmer for approx 15- 20 mins stirring regularly until it is reduced to your desired consistency.

I served it on chicken breasts wrapped in bacon with a HEA cheese for a classic hunters chicken. Went realy well with a big pile of roasted veggies.

xxx

Oh my word! I HAVE to try this!!!!! I lOVE BBQ sauce (if I'm truthful this is where the majority of my sums go!) I can't wait to try this :) thank youu! x

I'm so glad i didn't have the chocolate brownie and ice-cream at harvester yesterday, just found out it's 37 syns. I suppose something that tastes that good would have a lot of syns.

37?!:eek:!
Good decision - that is scary scary syns for something I could probably sniff up in less than 5 mins!! Makes you realise how quickly the syns were adding up in our pre-SW days!!!

Cherry pie - yeah so far so good but I keep telling myself it wont matter is I loose less than my target each week. I set my target at 2lbs a week but need to remember any loss si a step in the right direction. I have seen people at class so demoralized by a 1/2 lb or 1 lb loss and always tell them that its still a loss, just preparing myself as I know my losses are likely to slow down. How are you getting on at the moment? Looks like your losses are ace, I need 1lb next week to 1 1/2 stone award, that will be in 9 weeks ( unlike your 5 weeks jealous lol) Well done you :D

and well done everyone for sticking with it, I know how hard it can be, and i think we are all making a positive step just by using this website for extra support

Hi Katoof, I'm doing OK thanks. There have been a few challenges so far - but that is life and if I waited for the perfect moment to lose weight it would never happen! I feel like I'm in my groove at the mo, I'm eating well most of the time and trying to count the rest! Where I can't count it then I can least get back on track asap and limit the damage to just one meal! My head has struggled with this before, and I've let one bad choice turn into a bad week but so far so good this time! Like you I'm trying not to put too much pressure on myself re the numbers - even half a pound is a standard block of butter and I find it useful to visualise that pack of butter melting away from me!!
Take care and keep up the good work - 1/2 a stone at a time and we all WILL get there xxx

Thank you ela ine, been good so fingers crossed the wii and my scales make me 5lbs lighter ( I had to check the in the scales lol) then I was Tuesday so fingers crossed.

Oh hasn't been very good tho the meanie has been eaten snickers in front of me :( so I ate one yesterday gggrrrr!

I'm wanting to be smaller for my sisters wedding in 8 weeks ish I know it's not going to be slot smaller but fingers crossed maybe a stone or so lighter by then

I have even more reason to carry on losing weight now. Have booked a week to Cyprus just me and hubby. My parents are coming to look after our 3 boys. I am so looking forward to it. All I got to do now is renew our passports. Got time though as we are not going till mid may. Woohoo so happy.

Hi everyone, I have about 7 to 8 stone to loose, but have set myself my first target of 2 stone before my hols in 12 weeks eek! It seems such a lot to do, I usually start really well but loose my motivation easily, it does feel different this time and I've embraced the exercise even if it is at home. Good luck everyone.

afternoon all, welcome the newbies :)

Well had weigh in yesterday and lost 2lbs this week WAHOO!! only 5lbs to go for 2st so prob take another 2 weeks fingers crossed but so excited. Had my best mate come and visit me this weekend so went out last night for an Italian!! Lets just say i enjoyed myself with couple glasses of wine :) I'm pleased to say im back on the healthy eating today and it hasnt upset me or i havent thought oh sod it i've just carried on as if now SW is normal which i am so pleased about :) And i know you will all know how i feel as its very EASY to fall back into our old habits but for the first time it feels great to have control and feel like yep i've had a good time.

hope everyone has had a fab weekend and getting ready for another week :D:D:D:D :p:p:p:p :D:D:D:D

Back