Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

GRRRR need a rant

A friend on twitter just sent me a message to say 'don't be disheartened if you don't lose anything tonight'

Sorry - what happened to being positive? She said it was so i'm not setting myself up for a fall.

OK - then i'll just stop now then shall I because from time to time i'm going to fall.

I don't need patronising people like that - I don't need your pity ... i'm fat not stupid - i'm perfectly aware that sometimes I will gain or not lose as much as i'd hoped.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

What a daft thing for her to write, especially given your amazing progress so far! The only way you could set yourself up for a fall would be to stop trying, to fall over and never get back up again. Otherwise, every step, huge or tiny you take is positive progress, everytime you make a wise food choice, do some exercise or take some time out to be good to yourself, they're all progress. We all know we have a way to go and that it won't happen overnight but we're still getting there!

Take care and keep on keeping on! xxx

Hi all, its a long journey to go on but oh so worth it in the end, and to all you "I ONLY lost 1lb this week" do that for a year and it amounts up to almost 4 stones!! Bet you wish you'd ONLY lost 1lb a week the year before you decided to diet, good luck to us all :D

Well said - no such thing as 'just' a pound, they all add up in the end!!

Perhaps we should all try weighing out what we have lost so far in potatoes or water bottles and carry it round for a while - even a couple of pounds would soon feel significant!

What a daft thing for her to write, especially given your amazing progress so far! The only way you could set yourself up for a fall would be to stop trying, to fall over and never get back up again. Otherwise, every step, huge or tiny you take is positive progress, everytime you make a wise food choice, do some exercise or take some time out to be good to yourself, they're all progress. We all know we have a way to go and that it won't happen overnight but we're still getting there!

Take care and keep on keeping on! xxx

It just really irritated me... i had tweeted early in teh morning that I was looking forward to #fatclub and then she comes out with all that!!!

But I will not be deterred!! :)

Hi everybody, I started SW yesterday (at home on my own as cant get to class) so would really appreciate some support. I've got around 5.5st to lose. Good luck everyone x

Well its weigh in day for me....cant wait to see how ive done! Honestly, i dont think i'll have lost a lot as first weeks go. Extra easy im not finding very easy...switching back to red days tomorrow. I dont eat because im hungry, mostly i eat cos im greedy, or bored, or emotional (the list goes on lol) and on red days i find it easier cos i can "pick" at things without worrying about the 1/3 superfree part. I want to retrain my brain to only eat when hungry but its hard lol!

So im aiming for 3lbs tonight, i'll be happy with that. All in the right direction eh? Will update when i get back! xx

Hope everyone is doing well this evening. I just want to loose something tomorrow after sts last week. fingers crossed.

I have done loads of exercise this week and am currently sat in a heap after the hardest work out in step class I have ever done.

Hope everyone is doing well this evening. I just want to loose something tomorrow after sts last week. fingers crossed.

I have done loads of exercise this week and am currently sat in a heap after the hardest work out in step class I have ever done.

Good luck for WI tomorrow!!

I've been for a walk this evening but its not the same walking without dogs when I'm away from home! Doesn't sound as exhausting as your step class though!

I lost 2.5lbs this week and got my 2 stone award!!!

Fantastic - well done Surzy, your hard work paid off big time!!

(I hope you tweeted your result too?!!)

Last edited:
Quick check in to say I stayed the same, looks like I got away with it this week. Going to try and do food diary see if that helps me get back on it.

Well done Surzy!!!!!!

Bellybegone - good idea about the food diary. It always helps me keep on track.

Bellybegone - well done on the STS, and here's to next weeks well deserved loss! Hope its all going OK for you xxx

I've just had a lovely red day brekkie of grilled bacon, poached egg, fruit salad and ff natural yogurt (not all on the same plate may I add!!) and have persuaded the lovely hotel to pack me up a tuna salad and some fruit for my journey home later - result!! Just a couple of hours here this morning and then I can start the 4 hour drive home!

Bellybegone - well done on the STS, and here's to next weeks well deserved loss! Hope its all going OK for you xxx

I've just had a lovely red day brekkie of grilled bacon, poached egg, fruit salad and ff natural yogurt (not all on the same plate may I add!!) and have persuaded the lovely hotel to pack me up a tuna salad and some fruit for my journey home later - result!! Just a couple of hours here this morning and then I can start the 4 hour drive home!

You had me up to tuna.... shudder! LOL.

4 hour drive! How often do you have to do that?

Today is my off day, I'm having flexible syns as advised by my consultant. I've set myself an upper limit and I wont go over it. Will start from scratch tomorrow. As long as I'm good between tomorrow and Monday morning I will be alright. I don't know why but I get one off day every week, does anyone else have the same problem. How do you overcome it.? I want 100% weeks but i can't seem to do it. Help.

Back