Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

Hi guys, I was wondering when people start noticing loose clothes as all mine feel the same even though I have lost over two stone. When should I be able to start getting into smaller sizes

I would love to join too please. Lost 2st 8lb so far but still have another 10-12 stones to go :(

Welcome - lots of support here!

Morning all, its another glorious day!!! Gearing up here for a BBQ later on, meat defrosting and will do some salads and new pots in a while.

Well done on the bootsale Welshcake, great result!

Katoof - I think with the clothes it depends on style, your body shape (and where you're losing from) and also how well they fitted to begin with if you know what I mean! I always tended to wear my clothes loose so even 2 stone down some things don't look so different. However, my waistbands have all been taken in once and will need doing again soon (to avoid any nasty safty pin injuries that make you screech in a meeting in work - can you tell I have experience?!!) and things that are made of more clingy fabric are hanging better as a bit less belly to stick to!!

Welcome Peggymay, look forward to getting to know you more x

Thanks, I am hoping to see a different soon, I'm a size 32/30 at the moment and want this to get moving.

Wow you guys are amazing. Well done on your losses.

I've just started sw today(on my own) and I think I've got my head round it. I've been dying to calorie count all day!

I was 24 stone in 2002 and lost 8 stone on a low fat calorie counting diet. Over the years...well you know the story but luckily I've only put 2.5 back on...so...still would like to lose about 7stone ideally and loads of girls at work doing sw so thought I might give it a go. It's taking me some time to get my head round this though...:0)

Thanks, I am hoping to see a different soon, I'm a size 32/30 at the moment and want this to get moving.

Me too, can't wait to cast them aside!! Don't know about you though, the variation in sizes is crazy - I have a few 32s that don't fit yet, some 28/26s that fit fine already and even a couple of 24 tops that fit too - it just makes shopping such a pain - arghhhh!!!

Wow you guys are amazing. Well done on your losses.

I've just started sw today(on my own) and I think I've got my head round it. I've been dying to calorie count all day!

I was 24 stone in 2002 and lost 8 stone on a low fat calorie counting diet. Over the years...well you know the story but luckily I've only put 2.5 back on...so...still would like to lose about 7stone ideally and loads of girls at work doing sw so thought I might give it a go. It's taking me some time to get my head round this though...:0)

Hello and welcome! You have done so well to lose 8 and keep off 6 stone for so long - fantastic! I think you'll enjoy slimming world, if you trust it and allow yourself to really enjoy all the free food, eat your HEs and enjoy spending your syns on the little extras, then it really truly does work! I'm doing it at home too without classes but there is so much help and support on here that you really can't go wrong! Don't even try to count your calories though, just relax and enjoy!

We've just finished a lovely BBQ here and I down-synned my favourite potato salad. We're having a red day so I weighed the pots but obv on EE you can chuck in as many as you fancy:
For 2 people I used 400g of pots - Cut new pots into 1inch chunks and boil until tender. Meanwhile mix 2 tbsn of el mayo (1.5 syns) with a tub of O% greek yogurt and black pepper. Stir through 84g (2 HEA worth) of lf grated cheese, cooked chopped bacon and diced red onion. Add the pots while hot and mix well. Serve still warmish for best flavour results with lots of green salad and BBQd chicken and chops - deelish!!!

Im the same girls I have clothes ranging from a 16 to a 26 in my wardrobe. I think im a 22 at the mo. I was a size 18 after being a size 26 then met the love of my life and put most of it on being fat and happy. I was a size 24 when i started again so 2 stone down and not a lot of difference. All of a sudden it will come off though :) Hopefully before my :love047: then I will fit in my dress :p

I am back on track again now though have just had some lovely strawberrys, raspberries and banana with a little elmlea light yum yum (Does anyone know how many syns there are in the whipping one)

xx

Hello and welcome! You have done so well to lose 8 and keep off 6 stone for so long - fantastic! I think you'll enjoy slimming world, if you trust it and allow yourself to really enjoy all the free food, eat your HEs and enjoy spending your syns on the little extras, then it really truly does work! I'm doing it at home too without classes but there is so much help and support on here that you really can't go wrong! Don't even try to count your calories though, just relax and enjoy!

We've just finished a lovely BBQ here and I down-synned my favourite potato salad. We're having a red day so I weighed the pots but obv on EE you can chuck in as many as you fancy:
For 2 people I used 400g of pots - Cut new pots into 1inch chunks and boil until tender. Meanwhile mix 2 tbsn of el mayo (1.5 syns) with a tub of O% greek yogurt and black pepper. Stir through 84g (2 HEA worth) of lf grated cheese, cooked chopped bacon and diced red onion. Add the pots while hot and mix well. Serve still warmish for best flavour results with lots of green salad and BBQd chicken and chops - deelish!!!
Nom nom that sounds delicious :)

xx

Evening all

Another gorgeous day here :) oh is back to work tomorrow on the late shift tho so he'll be home at 11:30 ish kids are on half term tho so they can stay up later with him

I'm a size 22/24 I put on a pair of size 22 trousers I brought two years ago which were way to tight and I can do them up!! They are a tiny bit tight but fingers crossed in two weeks they will be fine and not so snug x

cherry-pie said:
Me too, can't wait to cast them aside!! Don't know about you though, the variation in sizes is crazy - I have a few 32s that don't fit yet, some 28/26s that fit fine already and even a couple of 24 tops that fit too - it just makes shopping such a pain - arghhhh!!!

At the moment I just keep focussing on getting to a 20 do I can shop in normal shops

At the moment I just keep focussing on getting to a 20 do I can shop in normal shops

Me too - normal shops here we come!!! At the moment my final goal is 14stone - still huge to some people but my head can't see beyond this point yet and I'm not going to worry about it until I get there!

It felt good to be in control all weekend, we even celebrated by sharing a packet of sugar free angel delight (tesco own) last night - 9 syns for half a packet or just 6 if you use the milk from your allowance - I was transported back to my seventies childhood again! I'm thinking you could use this to do a good party type dessert with mini meringues and raspberries - mmmmm!!! It does not do to think of food so early in the day so I best go do some work!!

Hope you all have a good Monday, catch up later xxx

Morning Everyone...sorry not been around for the last couple of days. I have had a lovely weekend away with OH to chester and it was fantastic just what the doctor ordered. I was good, went to the gym and then had swim along with a sauna and jaccuzi for both days we were away...made some great food choices (was hard but ok) and only had 1 glass of wime...then SATURDAY happened lol Well i just ate everything in sight...there was no stopping me...but i didnt have any chocolate which is a bonus lol so because i did this on saturday and this is my weign in day i didnt do it..i couldnt bear to see what the damage was so i have left the weign in until this saturday. I was straight back on it on Sunday very poud of myself lol PLUS i just sat at home on sunday and watch my OH eat a whole chocolate easter egg and did not even have one bite lol....too be honest i looked to see how many syns it was and it was only 9.5 which i didnt think was too bad for a treat :)

Anyway after my pig out on Saturday i felt like crap! Honestly i look back on what i ate and too be honest i dont think i really enjoyed it which is a shame but oh well its out of my system back to healthy eating again. I've got a dilema though its my B'day on Friday and we are off round to friends house on thrusday night...now do i have a couple of glasses of wine or not to celebrate? Remember i did have a pig out on saturday so i should really get myself back into it oh what a girl to do lol..April is such a bad month for me...all these bank holidays and temptations...

I started out as a size 20, and now lost 2stone and back into a comfy size 18. Just cant wait until im a comfy 16 OMG not been that size for well cant remember when!! Still got 4stone to lose wanna be 10stone dont care what size clothes just 10st lol

Bye bye for now as been ranting for a while :)

Hi Chelle, glad you had a great weekend, and at least it wasn't all bad food-wise! With regards to this week, I think I would try and be as good as possible for the next 4 days but then enjoy your birthday - afterall, life is still meant to go on despite the diet! You can still plan some damage limitation (so maybe vodka or other spirit instead of higher synned cider or lager, or perhaps a steak instead of an all you can eat chinese buffet) but its important to have fun too!

April is hard here too - 7 (yes 7!!!) close family and friends birthdays plus easter (and the royal wedding party I'm planning) - all good fun though, and I'm still trying to down-syn where possible but can't promise to be super good every day!!

Is it ok if I vent here?

Lost 3lbs this week, got my 2 stone award, yay. So every monday dh and I have a nice normal non sw meal as a treat. This week he picked up some orange bacardi breezer, I tasted it and got so mad, it tastes loaded with sugar. I lost the plot a bit. Hardly a vodka and diet coke.....I just felt a bit let down that he doesn't think when he knows how far I've come. I'm not putting on weight for that vile sugary muk.

So I poured it down the sink a la diva style. So now I'm drinking water with my meal.

I know it's silly and it must make me sound all of about 12 but blooming husbands!!!!

Back