Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

hi wi tonight, lost half a lb, not so well this week, crohn's flared up and was diagnosed with arthritis yesterday, so very sore and swollen :-(

Poor thing, crohns is horrible and such a complex thing to manage - do find that stress and sleep affect you as well as food? My Ex-H (he whose name shall never be mentioned!!!) has it but it took them years of agony to diagnose and it was never fully under control. I hope that you are able to manage the arthitis too, and that losing weight has a positive impact on this. And despite all of this, still half a pound off - you are a stonger person than I would be for sure xxx

WI tonight, fingers crossed I have a good loss as I have injured my ankle and wont be able to do anything for the next week. How is everyone doing today, anyone else weighing in tonight??

Hi peeps

I've lost 1 stone and would like to loose another 9 1/2 stone to reach target, seems ages away but just taking one day at a time. I've lost 1 stone since January and enjoying the journey

?

Hi Cherry-Pie.

I do feel loads better for the 21lb loss so far, but i so impatient i want more off now. I find it hard eating good food, i get bored so easily, and i'm bit fussy i guess!

Put on 1lb this week, alcohol is my downfall and when I move dhouse last week I drank an awful lot! :doh:

I'm feeling happy etc this week, lets hope it lasts! I don't know anyone who has as much to lose as me, so nice to find a group like this! :)

I think we all feel similar in so far as it is a long journey and it can feel like we are the only ones with such a long way to go, and that we'd all like it to go much more quicky.
However, we can only deal with one day at a time and remember that in time those days will add up. I've been following the plan well now for 10 weeks, and can honestly say that those ten weeks have flown by. I keep reminding myself that this has to be forever, so it makes no real difference if by Christmas I've lost 3 stone or 6, the journey is the same. I find myself watching people who apparently stay slim without any effort, but I don't think that anyone really does - a girl I work with has a cream cake with her lunch several times a week. However, I also know that she only has 1 slice of toast for breakfast and often only has soup for dinner, so I guess it all evens out in the end. I'm not sure what I'm trying to say here, I'm rambling, but I guess I'm trying to say that we have to develop good habits forever but we getting there, baby steps by baby steps!

We deserve a little group hug after that essay!! Pull in tight now :grouphugg:xxx

WI tonight, fingers crossed I have a good loss as I have injured my ankle and wont be able to do anything for the next week. How is everyone doing today, anyone else weighing in tonight??

Ouch, hope your ankle is OK - make sure you rest up for long enough to let it heal.
Good day here, long days in work this week but it keeps me out of trouble! Good luck for WI - tomorrow morning for me!

Ouch, hope your ankle is OK - make sure you rest up for long enough to let it heal.
Good day here, long days in work this week but it keeps me out of trouble! Good luck for WI - tomorrow morning for me!

Yeah, it has been sore for a week so should have probably stopped then but thought it was just sore like my muscles. Oh dear, trying to get a sports massage today or tomorrow and planning on a weeks rest.

Poor you at work, I work at a school so have two weeks off at the moment. Probably a good thing with my ankle.

Hope your weigh in goes well tomorrow, how has your week gone with SW

hi wi tonight, lost half a lb, not so well this week, crohn's flared up and was diagnosed with arthritis yesterday, so very sore and swollen :-(

I'm waiting to be diagnosed with arthritis but I've got to loose weight first as apparently @ 26 I'm way to young to have it doesn't matter that my nan was cripple and needed knee and hip replacements by 50 And my dad had had it since his late 30's

My doc won't do anything except give me painkillers which don't work :( until I've lost weight, it's bad today my knees, hips, ankles, neck and fingers are really swollen and I'm in so much pain today :( kids seem to know it and are being pretty good bless them

Hi Lost Girl, hope your day get better, I had to loose weight due to docs orders too, my knees were giving way and I had back pains, although I've only lost just over 1.5 stones, it's made a difference. I can only hope that you continue on this journey and that it helps you to be in less pain. Don't give up!!

xxxx

Grr last night I had to take my son to the shop to exchange some trousers meaning by the time I got home I was way to tired to cook then me and my H2B went to Asda to get acooked chicken and they had ran out so we ended up jusy having a salad.
Tonight I went to cook the pork we were going to have yesterday and it was off :'-( so we had chips from the chippy instead they were 17 1/2 syns but thankfully I hadnt had any yesterday so I am not to annoyed.
I have had a really good week and weekend as well and had specifically said to H2B that we are not having take aways anymore grrrrr

xxx

Hi Lost Girl, hope your day get better, I had to loose weight due to docs orders too, my knees were giving way and I had back pains, although I've only lost just over 1.5 stones, it's made a difference. I can only hope that you continue on this journey and that it helps you to be in less pain. Don't give up!!

xxxx
thank you, Only over 1.5 stones is amazing! well done.
I will be staying on it, I think because i dont find SW like a diet its easier for me not to think of it and not think oh bugger it.
Plus all me and oh have been talking about lately is getting married so ive agreed if i can get down to a 16 by this xmas then we will book it for Xmas 2012 :D so ive got more then just my health to work towards Plus next summer i really really want to go swimming with the children and not have to worry about people thinking "omg look at that in the pool"

Yeah, it has been sore for a week so should have probably stopped then but thought it was just sore like my muscles. Oh dear, trying to get a sports massage today or tomorrow and planning on a weeks rest.

Poor you at work, I work at a school so have two weeks off at the moment. Probably a good thing with my ankle.

Hope your weigh in goes well tomorrow, how has your week gone with SW

How did you get on tonight?
Sounds like a good thing that you're off for the easter hols, you can keep off the ankle for a few days.
I'm doing OK this end, I've managed 9 100 days in a row now so v happy! Should be OK for the coming week but not so sure about the last bit of the month with OH b'day, easter and 2 long weekends!

Grr last night I had to take my son to the shop to exchange some trousers meaning by the time I got home I was way to tired to cook then me and my H2B went to Asda to get acooked chicken and they had ran out so we ended up jusy having a salad.
Tonight I went to cook the pork we were going to have yesterday and it was off :'-( so we had chips from the chippy instead they were 17 1/2 syns but thankfully I hadnt had any yesterday so I am not to annoyed.
I have had a really good week and weekend as well and had specifically said to H2B that we are not having take aways anymore grrrrr

xxx

What a pain that your pork was off! You can't be too careful with pork either, I always push beef and lamb a few days past their best before but never chicken or pork! You'll be fine anyway as the chips were within your syns.
I've just eaten my first scan bran cake (a ginger one made with black treacle!) tasted yum and hopefully will get me going again IYKWIM!!! OH couldn't get enough of it so good vote all round!

Last edited:
I know I was very annoyed grr It was frozen fresh then put in the fridge to defrost yesterday morning so it should have been fine. But I didnt like the smell but then again raw meat smells awful to me I cant stand the smell of butchers shops.
Oo your cake sounds yummy where did you get the recipe for that is it on here?
xx

I know I was very annoyed grr It was frozen fresh then put in the fridge to defrost yesterday morning so it should have been fine. But I didnt like the smell but then again raw meat smells awful to me I cant stand the smell of butchers shops.
Oo your cake sounds yummy where did you get the recipe for that is it on here?
xx

It was an amalgamation of several recipes in the scan bran thread (as I didn't have all the ingredients in for any one of them!!). The treacle and mincemeat had been in the baking cupboard for at least a year so glad to put them to good use!!
5 scan bran (HEB) - broken up and softened with a little hot water
1 large egg, beaten
1 tbsn treacle (could use syrup) 2 syns
1 tbsn mincemeat 2 syns
2 tbsn sweetner
2 teaspoon ground ginger (or mixed spice)
Mix softened scan bran with everthing else, pour into an oven proof dish and bake in medium oven for about 30mins. It was tasty and a nice soft texture, a good use of HEB and upped my fibre for the day. Would be very good with a little low fat custard!

cherry-pie said:
How did you get on tonight?
Sounds like a good thing that you're off for the easter hols, you can keep off the ankle for a few days.
I'm doing OK this end, I've managed 9 100 days in a row now so v happy! Should be OK for the coming week but not so sure about the last bit of the month with OH b'day, easter and 2 long weekends!

Well done on the 100% days. I'm not too worried about Easter but meeting up with friends during time off work is always hard.

So pleased as lost 4.5 lbs this week So got my two and a half award

Wow, katoof! You've been having fab losses.

hey guys hope we are all ok...just poping in to hi really. Not got much to say lol Been 100% this week plus done Zumba twice and have walked loads so hoping for a good weight loss this week.

Good luck to everyone weigning in today :)

x

tpals said:
Wow, katoof! You've been having fab losses.

Thank you ! I have been amazed for the past few weeks as I always aim for 2 lb a week.

I have been doing about seven exercise classes a week but have now twisted my ankle do they might slow down a bit.

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Off out with friends for cream tea. Oh dear, hope there is some peppermint tea for me !

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Back