Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

Hi fellow dieters I have 2 stone to lose and can't seem to get motivated so I joined this site because you all seem positive, going to start SW today any help or advice would be great right now :-( x

Wow - really, please come to my house and cook :) LOL - you def sound creative. Where the hell do you get the time for all the things you do? Seriously, I need a few lessons.

Ah bless you!!! Despite working very full time hours managing a busy contact centre, I think essentially I'm a bit of a girl guide / home-maker at heart! I'm happiest in my kitchen, and love to bake, and thankfully have plenty of willing volunteers to eat my experimentations (and if they go wrong there are always the 3 furry four-legged friends to help out and hide the evidence for me!!) However, I should probably put as much effort into trying to exercise, it would be time so much more useful all around!!!

Hope everyone is OK today? Had a lovely morning visiting a friend, drinking tea and putting the world to rights (while having slight lifestyle envy over her authentic country kitchen in her farmhouse in acres of land - luckily she so lovely and deserves every bit of it and I get to visit and live it vicariously!!)

Take care and have good one xxx

Hi fellow dieters I have 2 stone to lose and can't seem to get motivated so I joined this site because you all seem positive, going to start SW today any help or advice would be great right now :-( x

Welcome Mandy Moo! We're a friendly bunch so post away be it questions, moans or general life ramblings - as most of my posts seem to be!!

Welcome hunni! My main advice right now would be to forget everything you 'think' you know about dieting and trust Slimming World 100%. Drink lots of water, fill up on your free foods, eat when you're hungry & most of all enjoy!
Good luck! xxx

ok guys im really worried about having a sports massage on monday and was wondering if any of you have had one?
got a sprained ankle so was advised this may help, booked it but so scared, what if my ankles are too big for then to feel anything, what if they find it funny that i think im some sort of athelete. I know it sounds silly but I cant stop worrying.

ok guys im really worried about having a sports massage on monday and was wondering if any of you have had one?
got a sprained ankle so was advised this may help, booked it but so scared, what if my ankles are too big for then to feel anything, what if they find it funny that i think im some sort of athelete. I know it sounds silly but I cant stop worrying.
Hun - firstly CHILLAX!!! lol
Sports massages aren't just for athletes, they're for anyone with a muscle, ligament, or deep tissue injury. Secondly if you've sprained your ankle its going to be big and swollen anyway - they're used to dealing with swelling and dealing with people of all shapes and sizes! If they find you funny in any way, shape or form they're not very professional and i would complain and not pay them! I haven't personally had a sports massage but when i tore ligaments in my foot & sprained my ankle i had physio, some of it was exercises, some was massage & at no point in time was an issue made about my size.
Please try not to worry *hugs*

Rayven said:
Hun - firstly CHILLAX!!! lol
Sports massages aren't just for athletes, they're for anyone with a muscle, ligament, or deep tissue injury. Secondly if you've sprained your ankle its going to be big and swollen anyway - they're used to dealing with swelling and dealing with people of all shapes and sizes! If they find you funny in any way, shape or form they're not very professional and i would complain and not pay them! I haven't personally had a sports massage but when i tore ligaments in my foot & sprained my ankle i had physio, some of it was exercises, some was massage & at no point in time was an issue made about my size.
Please try not to worry *hugs*

Oh thank you . I keep telling myself not to worry but little things play on my mind. Just hate the looks some people give me sometimes and then you sorry if I will be too heavy for massage table etc etc. I will try and relax, just dread things like this! I can't wait to get enough weight gone that things like this no longer worry me

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

I am sure you will be ok, these types of massages are pretty common place now, just relax and enjoy

Ps hope you get a hunky masseur :p

Rayven said:
Welcome hunni! My main advice right now would be to forget everything you 'think' you know about dieting and trust Slimming World 100%. Drink lots of water, fill up on your free foods, eat when you're hungry & most of all enjoy!
Good luck! xxx

I would just like to say a BIG thank you to all who's replied I think I'll do ok with such motivated nice people at hand thanks again and good luck to you all on your own journey x x

Hi everyone, well done on the losses while I've been away. Got back from Norfolk this afternoon and will admit I have been totally off plan all week. Will be back on plan as of tomorrow morning, and expect a gain at weigh in on Monday. I just hope it's not too much. I go away again in 4 and a half weeks to Cyprus just me and hubby. I want to lose a reasonable amount by then. I'd like to be comfortably in the next size down in my clothes. Some I can squeeze in to, but can't sit down. Hope everyone is doing ok. Will catch up in a couple of days.

katoof said:

Hi Hun! Hope you're okay.
I've had a sports massage when I was about 21st, the only embarrassing thing for me is that they had to et bigger towels to cover me, but I was having a full
Body one.
I promise it will be fine :) they have seen athletes, overweight, old, young, fit, unfit - you will be fine Hun. X

Hey guys! Hope you're all well, I have been MIA for a while but I'm back with full force :)
I have about another 9 stone to lose, and have lost 3 stone so far, I have been off plan for about a month and a half but am on day 2 of 100% hooray! X

Hi guys hope everyone is well. Im really feeling fed up today. I went to a wedding last night and decided to eat before I went to avoid temptation so resisted that. I had vodka a doet coke and was very well behaved. I felt really good then this morning my cousin has put photos on face book and I looked massive and like I had gained 3 stone not lost it :-( Im really sad now and feel really deflated. I always seem to bloat when I have an important function to attend does anyone else get that? Its making me ridiculously worried about our wedding now that I will just look like a big huge monster :'-( I could just cry my eyes out today xxx

Oh thank you . I keep telling myself not to worry but little things play on my mind. Just hate the looks some people give me sometimes and then you sorry if I will be too heavy for massage table etc etc. I will try and relax, just dread things like this! I can't wait to get enough weight gone that things like this no longer worry me

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

I can fully empathise as I often wonder how people / sitautions will relate to my weight / size - even down to being paranoid that the vet will think that my dogs can't possibly be kept fit by someone so fat!! However, just remind yourself that these people are paid professionals, they've seen it all before, and some more! And, you injured yourself trying to get fitter - no shame to be had there lovely!
Hope it helps you heal quicker xxx

Hi guys hope everyone is well. Im really feeling fed up today. I went to a wedding last night and decided to eat before I went to avoid temptation so resisted that. I had vodka a doet coke and was very well behaved. I felt really good then this morning my cousin has put photos on face book and I looked massive and like I had gained 3 stone not lost it :-( Im really sad now and feel really deflated. I always seem to bloat when I have an important function to attend does anyone else get that? Its making me ridiculously worried about our wedding now that I will just look like a big huge monster :'-( I could just cry my eyes out today xxx

Oh honey, big hugs coming your way xxx
You did really well and made some sensible choices, and nevermind that the camera caught you at a dodgy angle, you're doing really well and you will be a gorgeous bride and have a fabulous wedding. Now, go find your fiance and get him to take your mind off it all - i'm sure it all counts towards body magic and it definately makes you feel better!!!

cherry-pie said:
I can fully empathise as I often wonder how people / sitautions will relate to my weight / size - even down to being paranoid that the vet will think that my dogs can't possibly be kept fit by someone so fat!! However, just remind yourself that these people are paid professionals, they've seen it all before, and some more! And, you injured yourself trying to get fitter - no shame to be had there lovely!
Hope it helps you heal quicker xxx

I think that bout the vets too!!! The things that go trough our minds!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I got weighed on thursday and I had stayed the same. Went and weighed myself today and I am 3lbs heavier!! I hvnt verged off the plan at all this week, I'm gutted :( xx

I think that bout the vets too!!! The things that go trough our minds!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm glad I'm not the only one!! Daft really though as the dogs are as fit as a fiddle - I don't mind being the fat lady who walks the dogs but was never going to be the fat lady with the fat dogs!!!

I got weighed on thursday and I had stayed the same. Went and weighed myself today and I am 3lbs heavier!! I hvnt verged off the plan at all this week, I'm gutted :( xx

I SP'd this morning and I'm also up despite being 100%. Thinking that maybe the warmer weather is causing some fluid retention - I need to drink drink drink - and water, not wine!!! Really fancy a cider but none here, which is prob for the best!!

I've said it before and i'll say it again......

:banghead:STEP AWAY FROM THOSE BL**DY SCALES!!!!! :banghead:

If you're following the plan, you're being healthy, the weight WILL come off. Weight fluctuates day to day - fluid retention, bowel movements, what you ate the day before..........it ALL impacts on your weight day to day.

If you weigh yourself between your official weigh ins you're setting yourself up for a fall. Lets say you weighed lighter, you'd be chuffed - walking on air - now lets say at your official weigh in it says you STS - you'd be gutted and walk away feeling deflated.
If you weigh and it says you've gained you ask yourself why you're bothering......
I'll tell you why you're bothering - you want to lose weight & you know that this diet is healthy and...

IT WORKS!!!!

PLEASE, for the love of all things Slimming World - throw your scales away - get your hubby to take the batteries out - get him to hide them somewhere until your official weigh in - but DON'T have a sneeky peek between weigh ins!

I know it probably feels like i'm giving you a kick up the rear end but i do it because i care - and i know you can do this, but not if you keep scale hopping!
:rant2::copon::rant2:
RANT OVER!

Back