Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

5 stone to Lose!

I have put 5stone one in the past 5 years and as a result feel unattractive and down. Normally Im a happy person and do not like what I see. My partner has lost loads of weight recently and I feel I need to pull my finger out NOW! Its so much worse when you have so much to lose because the finish line seems MILES away!

I have put 5stone one in the past 5 years and as a result feel unattractive and down. Normally Im a happy person and do not like what I see. My partner has lost loads of weight recently and I feel I need to pull my finger out NOW! Its so much worse when you have so much to lose because the finish line seems MILES away!

I started off like this huni, I have lots of weight to loose (about 10st) and I always think that the main target is like a never achievable result. Since joining sworld, 13 weeks ago, i am 1.5lbs away from loosing my 3stone :D
I am in a major rush to get my BMI down to 35 or below and feel like I may never get there however, I am now adapting the attitude of taking half a stone at a time! That is my own wee interim goal and i seem to manage better with this rather than thinking of the overall result :cry:
Just take one day at a time huni and you will get there. I am here if you need to chat :) xx

Debz, you are doing so well, I wish mine was shifting as well as yours. I did want it to be gentle though because I'm breastfeeding my bubba.

Cherry, I'm in Wales too, I have never tried a crispy creme so I don't know what I'm missing, maybe I should steer clear lol!

Gouranga, it will come, it's about the big picture, all the lbs add up and in a year you will feel like a different person.

I'm having a mini meltdown. I have a christening next weekend, I have bought an outfit, dh says I look lovely but I feel like a blob!!!!! And of course 'judgemental' family will be there and I just can't handle the critisism. I may ditch the purple printed maxi dress for suit trousers and a nice top. Ho hum.
Sometimes I hate being fat, I'm doing my best to change this and how I feel about myself but I haven't lost enough weight for people to notice so I guess the snide comments will continue. :(

Blooming families!

Needed to let that out, I hope noone minds.x

Ilovecake - you're doing so well, s*d what the moaning minnies say - just remember when you've lost your weight (which you are and you will), they'll still be moaning about something! You've had a baby for goodness sake! As for what to wear, perhaps get some good suck it all in underwear to create a smoother line and go for the dress? But then if you feel more confident in the trousers then thats fine too! Either way, hold your head up high and be proud of what you've achieved so far and look forward to what is yet to come!
(and as for KK, yes, avoid at all costs. They are too good for their own good!!)What part of Wales are you in (don't worry if you don't want to say, I'm just nosey!! I'm about 15 miles north of Cardiff)

Gouranga girl - welcome! Don't think about the big picture, just think about the next 7lbs. Promise yourself that you will lose 7lbs, thats all, no pressure. When you get there (which you soon will if you follow the plan and trust the free food system) then you can think about the next 7lbs. Before you know it you'll have made a serious dent in that target! Good luck!!

I can't believe its Sunday night - almost time for bed and then its work - again!! At least next Monday is a bank holiday! I hope everyone has had a good weekend? Quiet one here so I took the opportunity to try a few new SW recipes - spinach, chicken and potato curry last night and scotch eggs today - both were a big hit!!

Cherry, thankyou. Apparently having 4 babies in 8 years is no excuse. Sigh, I'm coming around to the thought that it's other people's problem and not mine. I'm in Swansea, Cardiff's a bit far just for a donut........but never say never lol. I often contemplate a trip to Bath just for their homemade fudge shop haha!

I'd love a receipe for spinach and potato curry, that sounds amazing....I wonder if the sw mushy pea curry could be adjusted by bunging in potato and spinach instead of my usual veg?

Thanks to everyone in here for just being here, I don't feel alone in here.xx

Cherry, thankyou. Apparently having 4 babies in 8 years is no excuse. Sigh, I'm coming around to the thought that it's other people's problem and not mine. I'm in Swansea, Cardiff's a bit far just for a donut........but never say never lol. I often contemplate a trip to Bath just for their homemade fudge shop haha!

I'd love a receipe for spinach and potato curry, that sounds amazing....I wonder if the sw mushy pea curry could be adjusted by bunging in potato and spinach instead of my usual veg?

Thanks to everyone in here for just being here, I don't feel alone in here.xx

Mmmmmmmmm fudge, I went to Bognor last week and we popped in this old fashioned sweetie shop shelf after shelf of sweetie jars and they had sweet tobacco :cry: and 38 yes 38 varieties of fudge all laid out in a glass cabinet, it took all my will power to just get my fellas tom thumb pips and the rock I had promised folks - I swear I had tears in my eyes as I left the shop

Welsh cake, lol! Ooooh rum and raisin lol. I do love slimming world, I know if I wanted some I could, I'd count it and move on. But I need to shift the bulk of my weight first. Maybe dh can take me to bath for our anniversary, that would be allowed right?!?! LOL.

I'm about to haul my skinnier butt to weigh in, wish me luck. Good luck to all those weighing in today.xxx

Thanks for all my replies earlier in the week been working all weekend so just catching up now
I love this forum so much support out there from everyone ?
Ilovecake i know exactly how you feel I dread family/social events for the same reason but we need to hold our heads high and not worry about what other people think or say (I know that is easier said than done) we are on the slimming world plan and sooner or later we WILL be at target
Hope all wi are good this week x

3.5lbs off yay! I got my 2.5 stone award! 2stone 8.5lbs total loss now!

Phew!

Feeling deflated, saw my dad the other day and he said I look like I've put weight on recently .

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Phew!

Woo, good loss!

I'm looking forward to wednesday for my wi...I wont get on the ones at home as they tell my mum shes lost more than she has and last week they said i had put on when i had lost 7lb so there a bit strange!

I again went swimming today, very pleased with myself as i did 18 lengths of a 25 meter pool in 3/4 of a hour! So was very pleased with myself!

Katoof, I honestly could scream for you. Family can be so insensitive, for some reason they feel they have the right to comment. Stay strong, you are doing this for you and you are doing so well.xx

I'm having a down week. And it's only Monday. Saturday I didn't eat after breakfast which was poached egg on ww toast. Then me and OH had a falling out and he went out and I did the opposite of comfort eating I just didn't eat (things are ok he's been having trouble at work and snapped at the wrong person!) Sunday I had Sunday dinner with 2 blue wkd which are obscenely high in syns. Then because the damage was done I had a milky way and a Chinese for tea (OH fancied it) today I've had all good for me stuff low in syns even made no syn pancakes with strawberries on.... Followed by a cup of tea with 4 choccy hob nobs dunked in. I am dreading weigh in on thurs I really don't want to go but I'm not sure how I xan get out of the slump. Eep :'(

Twisted, face the weigh in, whatever the scales say you can fix it. It probably won't be half as bad as you expect. Dust yourself off and move on with belief in the plan.

Sorry for the post whoring today peeps, being on here is keeping me focused.x

Hi everyone!!! Have been MIA about three months. Have put all the previous weight I lost back on, but I'm determined to start agsin!!
Congrats to all ye who have done so so well!!!
I also have 10 stone to lose!!!

Phew!

Woo hoo - well done you, thats fantastic! I hope that has shown you just how worth it you are x Nevermind the wider family, it sounds like you have 4 gorgeous children and a lovely hubby so everyone else can be tolerated on these social occasions and promptly forgotten about afterwards!!
I nearly lived in Swansea - i used to be married to a Jack but that was a while ago now! Lovely place though, and so close to all those stunning beaches. Although instead of donuts, Joes turkish delight icecream would be my problem there instead!!

Feeling deflated, saw my dad the other day and he said I look like I've put weight on recently .

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

ARGHHHH!!! Sorry, just screaming in frustration for you!! Dads, you gotta love em but they rarely say the right thing at the right time! However, you know the truth, and keep going as soon he'll see it too!

I'm having a down week. And it's only Monday. Saturday I didn't eat after breakfast which was poached egg on ww toast. Then me and OH had a falling out and he went out and I did the opposite of comfort eating I just didn't eat (things are ok he's been having trouble at work and snapped at the wrong person!) Sunday I had Sunday dinner with 2 blue wkd which are obscenely high in syns. Then because the damage was done I had a milky way and a Chinese for tea (OH fancied it) today I've had all good for me stuff low in syns even made no syn pancakes with strawberries on.... Followed by a cup of tea with 4 choccy hob nobs dunked in. I am dreading weigh in on thurs I really don't want to go but I'm not sure how I xan get out of the slump. Eep :'(

OK, heres your line _________
Right, its done, you're over it and now you are looking forward and focused on you again. We've all been there (well I have anyway!) and its not whats been but your next move that really counts. Can you get in some free foods that you really enjoy so that everytime you fancy something you can have something, just a free something. I hope you and OH are OK again now as you need that support at home to make this journey easier. Take care lovely and just keep going - the scales could surprise you yet! (and if they don't then thats what next week is for!)xxx

Nothing exciting to report here, just a mega long day in work so I'm off to bed in a mo!

Ilovecake - I'll post that curry recipe for you now - just going to go copy and past it from my diary...

Ilovecake - this was the curry recipe (not mine, I found it on a food website) - so simple and really lovely. The coconut wasn't really present in the end so I don't think I'd add it again. Don't see why adding pots, spinach and a tin of toms to your mushy pea curry wouldn't work - it would be lovely and think but chunky too!

2 chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
4 medium potatoes cut into bite sized pieces
1 onion, finely diced
bag of spinach, roughly chopped
tin of chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp hot curry powder
(optional - I also added a sachet of creamed coconut, 5 syns)
Heat a large pan (that has a lid) and add the onion and chicken. Stir and once the chicken is sealed add the pots, spinach and curry powder. Cook for 3 - 5 mins before adding the tomatoes (and coconut if using). Fill the empty tomato can with water and add this to the pan. Stir well, bring to boil, reduce heat and add lid. Cook for 30 mins or until pots are soft, stirring regularly.

Delicious!

Arghhh! ( I have my "tough love" head on tonight. )

Sorry but that was a frustration scream.
"because the damage was already done..."
That's the equivalent of driving your car into a lamppost deliberately after scratching the bumper with your handbag.
For the sake of flexi syning 2 WKD at 13.5 syns each, you then piled another 30-40 syns or more on top of that?

If you mess up, that's not an excuse to write the whole day or week off. Limit the damage by getting back on plan asap and adjust it where needed to claw some of those syns back if you're going to go over.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Cherry, thankyou, I do have a beautiful family, sod the rest of them :D Yes, I love Swansea, although I'm originally from your parts, the lovely beaches sucked me in lol. And Joe's omg Joe's lol....one scoop is 8 syns. ;P Thankyou for the receipe, I'm going to try that tonight. :D

Coljack, I agree with everything you have said but I did chiuckle, men seem to have this ability to separate food from emotion and I so admire that. Women are complicated, we do seem to go on self destruct. I'm starting to make that separation but it's hard....hence why I have 5 more stone to lose.

Twizted, I hope you have a good day, you can pull this back. Most monday nights I have 1 meal off diet and I'm still losing, once I stop losing then that'll have to go but you may be ok, good luck.x

Last edited:
Back