Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

Yeah you need to set a goal to get the blue line for it to predict when you might meet that goal. In theory I have over 14 stone to lose so I don't even contemplate putting that as a goal as I don't expect I'll ever reach it, so I've set my goal on the graph as my next Club 10 (I already reached the 1st one) so that's currently only 2.5 pounds away, then Ill set another Club 10 I reckon.

Day to day I just aim for the next half stone or whatever though, Id rather keep plodding along than set myself something I might never achieve and then get myself all upset about failing. Losing anything is better than nothing, for me.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I set my goal weight a good few weeks ago now. Its still a long way off, over 16 1/2st away but I prefer to have a target to aim to. Different things work for different people.

Speaking of work I got some great news today. I was offered a job, not far from where I live so certainly within walking distance which is going to be fantastic for my exercise levels. Start tomorrow morning. Cant wait. Going to take fruit in for breakfast I think. Its only part time to start with but will increase to full time in September.

Very happy day for me today.

Well done HE, on fighting off a bad week and turning it into a good one on the WI and job front!

Sorry I haven't been on for a while, I've been out of action since last friday - I dislocated my big toe and spend many painful hours in A&E. Since then all I've done is sleep! I went back to the office today and feel better for getting about a little bit again. Haven't really been on or off plan as not really had an appetite, so it was good to come home from work hungry today! I've just chopped tonnes for fruit for the rest of the week and made a pasta salad so this is me declaring that I'm back!!!

Hello to all the newbies, and oldies, we have to keep on trucking - I love it when this board is busy!!!

HE yay!!! Great news on the job.

Cherry ouch!!!! I hope you feel well soon. Xx

I fell of the wagon tonight, chunky oven chips, choc tart and rose. Veg for 4 days for me then whoopsy!

Good luck with the new job in the morning, Hiekel! I wish I worked somewhere in walking distance. A few mega fit people I work with cycle or run the 15 mile journey home, but I think I won't be pondering that for a while!

Hope you're feeling 100 per cent soon, Cherry. You have my every sympathy!

Hey everyone, feeling a bit depressed today. I have a virus, feeling very weak and I wasn't able to do my usual workout :(. The weather is really getting me down as well. Fortunately I don't feel like eating food to make myself feel better, if anything my appetite has disappeared. I just hope tomorrow will be a better day coz today has been absolutely lousy :(.

Get well soon Maggie.x

Thanks guys, feel a lot better today, I think I might be able to do some sort of exercise :). Have a good day everyone.

Last edited:
Afternoon ladies, well done Heikel, club 10 is fantastic! And hope you got on well with your new job ok today!

Maggie - glad you're feeling better today, lifestyle change and feeling poorly just don't fit hand in hand :)

I'm good today, got my stone award last night! 1 stone in 3 weeks, i know most of it is internal and water but hey, i'm not gonna grumble :) x

Afternoon ladies, well done Heikel, club 10 is fantastic! And hope you got on well with your new job ok today!

Maggie - glad you're feeling better today, lifestyle change and feeling poorly just don't fit hand in hand :)

I'm good today, got my stone award last night! 1 stone in 3 weeks, i know most of it is internal and water but hey, i'm not gonna grumble :) x

Thanks Tinksie. Congratulations on your 1 stone award, amazing. Well done and keep it up. And in 3 weeks? Even better, I can only dream. :D

Well done on the stone Tinksie, fantastic result!!!

Glad you're feeling better today Maggie. I managed half a day in work today and now Mr Pie is cooking my tea - I could so get used to this!!!

Hi All,

Hope you don't mind me joining the thread. Started trying to follow the SW plan around 3 weeks ago and at first WI I was 366llbs. Lost 7.5llbs over the first 2 weeks.

Would ideally like to loose around 1 stone a month and shed close to have my bodyweight in around 12 months. (might sound crazy i know). I think a 3lb a week lose would be ideal and at a decent rate. Hope to maybe start to go to the Gym once i feel a bit more comfortable attending. :whacky068:

My Fiancée and I are expecting are first kid in around 4 weeks so need to be fit to keep up with him and not be given the run around :D

Hi All,

Hope you don't mind me joining the thread. Started trying to follow the SW plan around 3 weeks ago and at first WI I was 366llbs. Lost 7.5llbs over the first 2 weeks.

Would ideally like to loose around 1 stone a month and shed close to have my bodyweight in around 12 months. (might sound crazy i know). I think a 3lb a week lose would be ideal and at a decent rate. Hope to maybe start to go to the Gym once i feel a bit more comfortable attending. :whacky068:

My Fiancée and I are expecting are first kid in around 4 weeks so need to be fit to keep up with him and not be given the run around :D

Hi and welcome, well done on losing so much, over 100lbs is fantastic how long did that take? I too have a lot to lose and have found the help and support here fab :)

apologies... i haven't lost over 100lbs (not even when dreaming.. YET!)

accidentally had the century thing selected in my CP.

loving reading thru the posts, there are some great tales of determination and success. well done all

Hi Bosco, good luck with the journey - you're in the right place for lots of support!

Did I read you right - are you expecting a baby - if so, congrats (late I know!!) and even more luck!

Welcome to our little family Bosco :).

Welcome Bosco.

Maggie, good to hear you are feeling better.

Night all.x

Back