Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

Hi everyone,
I have just been reading through some of your posts and Iam inspired by how well you are all doing. I have a lot of weight to lose and knowing from reading all of your stories that it is possible has just helped me take the biggest sigh of relief. I'm sure some of you understand what I mean about that first weigh, the one where you finally realise how bad things are and even worse how far you have to go to put them right. Knowing that you are achieving what I thought was going to be impossible is such an inspiration to me. Thank you. Hope to get to know some of you a little better.

Hi everyone,
I have just been reading through some of your posts and Iam inspired by how well you are all doing. I have a lot of weight to lose and knowing from reading all of your stories that it is possible has just helped me take the biggest sigh of relief. I'm sure some of you understand what I mean about that first weigh, the one where you finally realise how bad things are and even worse how far you have to go to put them right. Knowing that you are achieving what I thought was going to be impossible is such an inspiration to me. Thank you. Hope to get to know some of you a little better.

Hi and welcome I am in Birmingham too, good luck x

hi sweet halo and welcome, you look like you are doing pretty well already, xx i have no doubt we can all do this xxx

I have inbetween 4-5 stone to lose an trying not to look at how ling it's going to take to get there!!!
These forums are brill!!!
Anyone have any advice about staying focused on the short term goals let me know :) x

I have just started on the orlistat tablets today from the doctors. I have taken one today after my evening meal. I am not sure whether these will work with me or not. I normally follow slimming world and i had my gallbladder out 3 months ago, weight has been an issue since then! I thought it was going to help me by having it out but it has hindered me. I lost 3stone on slimming world before then. Do any of u find that the orlistat work? I am on the 120mg tablets. I have taken one tonight with my evening meal as i never got them until lunchtime earlier. I have been at the toilet a couple of times but not bn as bad as i thought I would. I was tryn to do it with sworld diet but cant eat alot of things I normally would. My drs told me I hv to loose 5stone in 6months for my bmi to get to 35 for ivf! How unrealistic is that ... I'm gonna hv to cut my legs off lol. Hope everyone if good, bn ages fae I hv bn on xx

Debz1809 said:
I have just started on the orlistat tablets today from the doctors. I have taken one today after my evening meal. I am not sure whether these will work with me or not. I normally follow slimming world and i had my gallbladder out 3 months ago, weight has been an issue since then! I thought it was going to help me by having it out but it has hindered me. I lost 3stone on slimming world before then. Do any of u find that the orlistat work? I am on the 120mg tablets. I have taken one tonight with my evening meal as i never got them until lunchtime earlier. I have been at the toilet a couple of times but not bn as bad as i thought I would. I was tryn to do it with sworld diet but cant eat alot of things I normally would. My drs told me I hv to loose 5stone in 6months for my bmi to get to 35 for ivf! How unrealistic is that ... I'm gonna hv to cut my legs off lol. Hope everyone if good, bn ages fae I hv bn on xx

I have to have my gall bladder out ASAP, how has it hindered you? Is it because it takes longer to digest food without it?.... Do the tablets just make you go to the toilet alot to get rid of the fat?...
X

Debz1809 said:

Ps 5 stone over 6 months is 2.9 pounds average per week...you can do it :)
X

lucelou said:
I have to have my gall bladder out ASAP, how has it hindered you? Is it because it takes longer to digest food without it?.... Do the tablets just make you go to the toilet alot to get rid of the fat?...
X

I feel great hvn gallbladder out huni but it hindered me in the fact that I put a stone bk on afterwards. My body wasnt digesting the fat therefore I was gaining. The orlistats hv bn great. Im not 2 bad on then, just gotta watch wot im eatn. Whens ur op? Xxx

lucelou said:
Ps 5 stone over 6 months is 2.9 pounds average per week...you can do it :)
X

Do u really think I can ?? Seems unrealistic. Got weighed monday and I was 21st 6lbs, weighed again this morning and I am 20st 13.5lbs. Are my calculations correct that I hv lost 7lbs?? X

Debz1809 said:
Do u really think I can ?? Seems unrealistic. Got weighed monday and I was 21st 6lbs, weighed again this morning and I am 20st 13.5lbs. Are my calculations correct that I hv lost 7lbs?? X

You've lost 6.5... That's amazing!!! Well done!!! Yea I think u can do it!! Keep hitting a 3lb target an you'll be fine!!....an anymore is a bonus an you'll get there quicker. My SW group leader says if your 100% committed should lose 2lb a week. Are you doing your body magic?...because that'll help. I feel great for just doing little bits of exercise.
X

Debz1809 said:
I feel great hvn gallbladder out huni but it hindered me in the fact that I put a stone bk on afterwards. My body wasnt digesting the fat therefore I was gaining. The orlistats hv bn great. Im not 2 bad on then, just gotta watch wot im eatn. Whens ur op? Xxx

Did you have your gall bladder out because of gall stones, that's why ive gotta have mine out. Just waiting for referral letter. X

Did you have your gall bladder out because of gall stones, that's why ive gotta have mine out. Just waiting for referral letter. X

yeah i did huni, the pain from gallstones is absolutley horrible, feel much better it is out, just the weight i now need to shift!! Are you in alot of pain from it?? x

You've lost 6.5... That's amazing!!! Well done!!! Yea I think u can do it!! Keep hitting a 3lb target an you'll be fine!!....an anymore is a bonus an you'll get there quicker. My SW group leader says if your 100% committed should lose 2lb a week. Are you doing your body magic?...because that'll help. I feel great for just doing little bits of exercise.
X
Aww thanks huni !! I am doing some exercise but prob not enough. What do u do? x

Debz1809 said:
Aww thanks huni !! I am doing some exercise but prob not enough. What do u do? x

I go for at least a mile walk a day, I take the pram an the dog an walk at a pace I'm comfortable with. If I have lots of energy I power walk if I'm tired just take a leisurely stroll. I've got an app on my I phone which tells me how far I've walked an how many calories burnt etc...
What do you do? X

I agree it is do able , just stick to plan and keep up the body magic x x x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

I had my gall bladder out in may, still owwie at times and if I eat the wrong thing I get pain/run to the loo. I can't have spicy stuff, or bread or too much fruit in one go without something with it, like if I have a bowl of fruit salad I'm in a lot of pain, if I eat it with a yoghurt or ice-cream on it I'm fine... I put a stone on after as well.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm currently 20st 4lbs, I would be happy to get down to 12 stone! :) Only started the SW diet 2 days ago, so far it's going well, really enjoying it actually, but I have a long way to go. I've given up on so many diets before, I can't help but worry that I'll lose a stone or so and then give up! :(

Back