ProPoints Lots to lose: Trying to refind the wagon!!!!

We can't lose sight now ladies! This is just the time when we would have given up in the past and where did that get us? Overweight and miserable! We can stick to this, we are strong, competent women and we're in control of our bodies, so let's show them who's boss!

Definitely Erin!!! i want to be SLIM!!! was jus lookin through a girls profile and was showing before and after pictures!! I want to be that girl!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what got into me today (thankfully i stayed to my points though) gonna go for a long walk tomor up the woods with my wee man!!!! Hopefully it doesnt rain!!! and erin u are sooo right!!! this is usually the point where i gave up!!! i've had to start over so so many times now!!! I dont want to have to do that again!!!!

Come on girls lets keep going!!!!

i'd usually have given up long before now! I've done 16 miles on the exercise bike this evening in 55 minutes, burned just 600kcal. Thought I'd push the bar a bit and do it on a higher tension setting and I could really feel it! This bike must be doing something if I'm having the up the tension to make it feel like its doing anything!
Probably ruined all that hard work though because I just had a hot choc with whipped cream :(
I've only got 10 hours left of the March exercise challenge though! I thought 20 hours would be quite easy but if it werent for this exercise bike I dont think I'd have done so much. 20 hours a week is basically doing 1 hours exercise a day and having weekends off (and I'm not including my usual walking everywhere,etc, either - this is purely just workouts).
Laurenasha - cant remember if it was you who said you would do the challenge as well? If so, how are you getting on?

I need a good kick up the backside, and so does my mum! She's fallen off the wagon too - but its worse for her because she's paid a fortune for a months worth of food on her diet. She keeps buying such fattening treats :( WHIPPED CREAM for example. Wouldnt be having a hot chocolate if I hadnt of seen it.

ErinW did you treat yourself to anything for getting your next silver 7?

Also, ErinW (sorry, forgot to reply to your question earlier..)
I don't think that eating all of my weeklies is going to benefit me at all because my body has been used to not eating them - well, not ALL of them anyway! The only time I used my weeklies was when I went out for drinks one night a couple of weeks ago. Apart from that, if I've dipped into my weeklies its never been more than 10pp and I've always made it back up in activity points. WW told me that you can still lose weight if you eat your weeklies but you'll get maximum weight loss if you don't use them. So far, I havent really used them so if I'm acheiving my maxium weight loss (aka NOTHING!) then imagine what would happen if I did have my weeklies?!
I think maybe I'm just pressuring myself to see results all the time, for all I know I could have lost it in inches but I havent measured myself. I've got my measurements from when I first started WW so I'll re-measure in the morning and let you all know if theres any changes.
I just had a really rubbish moment this morning when my mum came in and said she lost 3lb in a week on her diet, she's snacking and even had a takeaway on friday and she's not exercising - yet I'm busting my balls (so to speak!) and getting no results! My heart just sank to the floor :(
I'm going to try and cut out bread completely for the rest of the month and see how I get on with that and if I eat carbs in the evening then I'll do a workout to burn some of it off. I'll see if that makes a difference.

I had a bar of Dairy Milk & a Chinese (veggie Singapore Chow Mein), yum!

I'm not trying to pressure you or anything, I just want to get you losing so I just thought I'd tell you that since I have been reading around about the weekly points and some articles say that everyone is different in that their body will achieve maximum weight loss if they eat all, some, or none of their weeklies. As the new system is like eating a very low amount of points all week so you can save some for the weekend/a blow-out on the old system, the weeklies are like they have done that for you. You should still lose even if you eat all your weeklies and dailies, the difference should be minimal. If you don't eat them at all, your body may be in starvation mode, especially with all the extra exercise you have been doing and holding onto any fat you would otherwise have lost. Try Googling it and reading different people's opinions & what worked for them when they hit a plateau.

sherrie are u sure ur pointing everything right???? i know i sometimes have a problem with guestimating a meal!!!!!
maybe u need to cut back a bit on the exercise!!! your body could be turning the fat into muscle!!!
are u drinkin 2ltrs of water aday??? this helps lose weight!!!
do u drink diet fizzy drinks?? this sometimes slows down the motabolizm!!!
And maybe also u might not be eating enough!!! If ur exercising i agree with Erin! It could be your bodys starvation mode!!!!

I know i've asked a million and one questions but these are the only things i can think of that ur not losing weight!!! xxxxx

sherie you are doing brilliantly hun xx as are all us girls,..

my weigh in soon i have my fingers crossed for 1lb i'd be happy with that tbh.. i know my losses are never big but 1lb a week will mean 1st down for the wedding .... and new dress in may ! xxxx

Hi all,
Came across this thread and thought I'd make myself known. You all seem to be doing very well and I'm hoping that will rub off on me! I started PP last week and have lost 2lbs in my first week. I'm fairly pleased cus I did have a Chinese meal out at the weekend (I assure you, it was for an occasion, no way of getting out of it!) but at least it wasn't a buffet...
Anyway, that's all for now, onwards and upwards from here eh?

onwards and downwards u mean!!! welcome Tash!!! I've been doin weight watchers pp for nearly 4 weeks!! 4th WI on thursday! Fingers crossed i will lose 1lb to get my stone!!!

2Lb is brilliant for having had a chinese!!! I usually treat myself after WI! Think u need it or would go of the rails completely!!! I have a while craving for a pizza the last week!!! Gonna treat myself to one at the weekend if i get my Stone!!!!

hi all well i lost 2lb !! very happy yey now have my silver 7 and looked at my old books from when i did ww last year and am now at my original 10% yey lol so it's like a brucie bonus for me.. xxx good luck everyone and welcome tash, these girls are brilliant xxx

Its amazing how great those shiny stickers make U feel Lou!!! Great work!!! Hope that's a good motivator for the next week!!!!

I'm hoping to get my second 7 this week!!! just need a pound to get it!!! Have started drinking de-cafinated green tea which is supposed to be a great weight loss boost!! and I'm trying to drink at least 2lts of water a day(though not on WI day) haven't been great with the water today but gonna try and knock a couple of pints down my throat before work!!! Have been feeling really tired and cranky the last few day!!! which just makes me want to eat eat eat!!! Really fighting it though as i would love 1lb or more off this week!!!! I can't wait till Thursday night xxxxxx

Well done Lou! That's brilliant!

Measured myself this morning, weight 200lb, an inch bigger on my thighs, an inch smaller on my tum, arms are same, calves half an inch smaller, boobs are the same.
Chuffed that my tum is an inch smaller though! Not feeling the same about the thigh increase but my exercise is mainly cycling and walking so it makes sense really.

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins

sherrie are u sure ur pointing everything right???? i know i sometimes have a problem with guestimating a meal!!!!!
maybe u need to cut back a bit on the exercise!!! your body could be turning the fat into muscle!!!
are u drinkin 2ltrs of water aday??? this helps lose weight!!!
do u drink diet fizzy drinks?? this sometimes slows down the motabolizm!!!
And maybe also u might not be eating enough!!! If ur exercising i agree with Erin! It could be your bodys starvation mode!!!!

I know i've asked a million and one questions but these are the only things i can think of that ur not losing weight!!! xxxxx

I am literally pointing everything, even the oil I'm cooking things in, even the sugars in my tea. I have been doing a lot of exercise but its not a lot for me, because my body is used to doing my normal every day exercise that I get from walking everywhere and climbing stairs all day that I need to push the bar. The old WW system worked so well for me, its such a shame that the new one just isnt doing it.

Im drinking about an average of 1.5ltr a day - I say average cos some days I drink just one litre, other days I can drink 3!

I dont touch fizzy drinks at all, I drink water and juice most of the time, occasionally having a tea. I'm a big fan of herbal tea's too but prefer water and juice.

Think I might try calorie counting for the rest of the week until weight in, I've done it today as a comparison. According to my research and an app I downloaded called MyFitnessPal I should have 1200kcal when I diet, if I want to eat more then I need to work for it (exercise!). For what I've eaten today I've had 1284kcal;

Breakfast -

Banana 0pp (200kcal)
Mullerlight Toffee Yoghurt 3pp (97kcal)

Lunch
Cup a Soup 2pp (114kcal)
Walkers baked 3pp (149kcal)
Orange 0pp (85kcal)
Blueberries 0pp (83kcal)

Dinner
Beans on 2 slices of white bread toasted - 6pp (320kcal)

Snacks
Glass of cranberry juice 1pp (116kcal)
Mozerella 3pp (120kcal)

I've had a little over the 1200kcal but if I were doing points I'd have only had 18pp. It doesnt make sense!

I am so DISGUSTED with myself!!! been so bored in work the last two evening as we've been really dead! and now I've finally gave in!! Was going to get a pizza with extra cheese, loads of toppings and garlic bread!! but instead I got a chicken chow mien, chips and gravy!!! Am so disappointed in myself!!! I really hope I haven't let myself down in WI this week!!!! But if I have I will know the reason why!!! Just gotta get my head back on track!!!!

It's ok, its like you say yourself laurenasha - gotta treat yourself! You've done brilliantly so far, I'm so envious! Chin up, calm down & carry on! Xxxx

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins

yeah i know but this is usually how i start to feel jus before i give up!!! Gotta get myself back into it!!! i understand why ur so upset sherrie!!! Would u not consider starting a class!!! Your leader can always point you in the right direction when things aren't going right xxxxx

Yeah, I think I will actually. Going to try this calorie counting business until next weigh in, see if it makes a difference. If it doesnt then I think I might consider a trip to the docs aswel incase I've got some hidden medical condition or something - I doubt it, but its better than wasting week after week doing something for nothing!

Seriously though, if I didnt have this forum or you ladies - I'd have stopped weeks ago!

If I'm not giving up (and I'm losing nothing!) then you girls shouldn't either! Stick at it, cos this time we mean it when we say were going to be slim!!

Exactly! If we give up we'll achieve nothing but misery. At least you can be proud of yourself for trying when you're sticking to the program, even if you aren't seeing a loss. Let us know what the doc says, as maybe you have an under-active thyroid, or something? Definitely worth checking out before you drive yourself crazy! And Lauren, pick yourself back up, dust yourself down, remember all the reasons you want to lose weight and visualise yourself and how good you'll feel at goal. Grit your teeth & dig deep, because we *can* do this!!

I've been watching The Biggest Loser and think I'm gonna start doing some exercise to see if I can speed things up as although losing a pound a week is going in the right direction, it'd be nice to see the scale moving a bit faster, so gonna try starting the C25K again and the 30 Day Shred, just waiting on getting some weights and nicer weather!

Also welcome & good luck to the new guys! :)

aw hun i am sure it'll start falling off eventually, good for you not giving up tho, try cal counting and see if there is a difference xxx

laurenasha - dont worry about the chinese we all have blips. you have done brillianty and jump straight back on the wagon!!

I also fell off yesterday ! KFC then daren't tell DP when he made us go out for our tea again last night so had a burger and chips without the bread ! ALL my weeklies gone and i am going to have less PP for Wed - fri.. although i am off tomorrow and friday as i am helping my mum move so all that lifting should be a good work out !

Back