Lottie's Journal

lottiebird

Silver Member
I have decided to start this journal because I need a permanent reminder of how positive I feel at this moment.

I have struggled with weight issues my whole life. Finally I am achieving real improvements to my behaviour and attitude. I feel like the master of my destiny (because I AM... duh!).

Although I have only lost 13.5 lbs since I started in January, this week I lost 4.5 lbs through simply taking responsibility. Through just trying really hard.

So to the future me, who might be feeling really low and reading this... It's only up to you. Every step backwards only wastes your time and ruins only your achievements. Pick yourself up and start afresh...

3..... 2..... 1...... FRESH START :)

Stats

Weekly Weigh Ins:

Start Weight: 18stone 1.5lbs on 04/01/2012
Week 1: -1.5
Week 2: -1
Week 3: Missed Weigh in
Week 4: Missed weigh in
Week 5: +1.5
Week 6: -1
Week 7: -2.5
Week 8: +0.5
Week 9:
Week 10: +1.5
Week 11: -4.5

Measurements (Taken 8/4/2012)

Arm: 15.75 inches
Bust: 44 inches
Waist: 48.5 inches
Hip: 49.5 inches
Thigh: 29 inches

Some ideas about awards I want to achieve:

Club 10: 16st 4 lbs (25.5 lbs lost)
Club 20: 14 stone 6.5 lbs (51 lbs lost)
Club 30: 12st 9 lbs (76.5 lbs lost) (Wow... imagine that:))

Last edited:
Good for you Lottie!
Getting in the 'zone' is such an amazing feeling!
As you say, there is only one person who is responsible.
We're all here for any help that you may need along the way.
Well done and stay focused. x

Ok, so tonight I had a planned chocolate blow out for Easter, as I wanted to have it after my WI. I lost 4.5, and only need a half to reach my 1 stone award.

I feel sick from the chocolate, I had WAY too much. Is it me or are Easter eggs getting bigger? Anyway, I'm not feeling guilty, I told my consultant what I planned, and she said to just go back to plan tomorrow. I can feel my binge craving even though I feel sick, maybe it is a blood sugar trigger.

I MUST WATCH MYSELF CAREFULLY TOMORROW.

I needn't have worried, been well on track as planned today...

Green Day

Breakfast: 1 Fibre Plus bar (HEB)
Lunch: Grilled peppers with Philadelphia light (HEA) on wholemeal toast (HEB) with bertolli light (2 syns)
Dinner: Pasta with sweetcorn, bertolli light (2syns)
Other: Milk (HEA); muller light, 30g fruit and fibre (5syns)

9 syns total

Determined to eat more fruit tomorrow, but I am proud to have stayed on the wagon after the amount of chocolate I ate last night :)

Last edited:
Woken up with a headache and TOTM... luckily my wonderful hubby-to-be is going to get all the groceries so I will be well stocked for my red day today. No breakfast today, but will save it for after dinner in case of emergency munchies :) loving the fibre plus bars!

So the plan looks like this:
L: chicken salad
D: home made burgers with bacon, cheese (hexa) and eggs on a wholemeal roll (hexb) with a big salad
Other: milk (hexa), fibre plus bar (hexb), yoghurt, Fruit

Well done for getting back on track- it's funny isn't it how our bodies and tastes change- and how too much unhealthy food doesn't taste or feel good anymore

image-1424883073.jpg

My lovely burgers :)

Today I got up late so I had cereal (hexb) and yoghurt and fruit around lunch time. Had friend cooking for me tonight, so I thought I'd save all my syns for the meal. He alleges it was all SW friendly though, but better safe than sorry.

We had roast chicken tikka, SW wedges and a Greek salad (hexa feta cheese). Pudding was a worry, because he was vague about the amount of sugar in it. Luckily for me, it turned out to be completely inedible, so nothing to worry about there. I had a small glass of wine instead.

Off to the in-laws-to-be tomorrow for a roast dinner, I know their cooking very well and I know it will be full of free choices. I have already said no desserts so no reason to go off plan.

My friend bought me a little Easter egg, I will save it for after Thursday WI.

Another late wake-up... Noticing a trend here!

So today's intake:

Lunch: Roast pork (no crackling or fat), carrots, broccoli, swede, turnips, 2 roast potatoes (syn 3 per 100g - had less) and 2 roast parsip (syn 3.5 per 100g - had less)

Dessert: kiwi fruit and grapes

Tea: pasta with Philly (hexa), mushrooms and onions

Snack: fibre plus bar (hexb)

Other: milk 4

Tomorrow I start 30 day shred and take all my scary measurements!

Well, last night I couldn't wait once i had decided to do 30 day shred, so I did it late last night to get started :) I sweated buckets, but fully completed level 1 day 1! :cool:

Food Intake Today:

Chicken Salad (free), 2 slices wholemeal bread from 400g loaf (HexB) with bertolli light (2 syns)
Yoghurt
Banana
Bacon, eggs, mushrooms, sainsburys BGTY sausages (2 syns), 2 slices wholemeal bread from 400g loaf (HexB) with bertolli light (2 syns), 3 babybel light (HexA)
Milk allowance (Hex A)
Fibre Plus bar - 5.5 syns

Total syns = 11.5

I am absolutely stuffed after that dinner :yuk: Still, within my syns allowance... but disappointed at over-eating. Seems I do get a bit hungrier on a red day after all! Gonna give my food an hour or two to go down, then gonna do my 30 day shred, should help me feel better (hopefully!).

Hello Lottie, you sound really in the zone, food looks and sound lush, looks like you've already drawn a line under your choccie binge :clap:

Keep up the good work, I won't say good luck, not about luck we have and make choices, so I will say well done in advance, you're amazing :hug99: xxxx

Thank you so much for the kind words lily. I am just about to add my measurements and weightlosses into this thread, a bit scary, but necessary I feel :) You have done amazingly well yourself! I have never been in the zone before, its a novel experience! I hope it lasts forever!

Hey sweetie, it probably won't last forever unfortunately,(although we're all different, so you may well keep it up forever lol ) but all I do during the time I can't get my head into the zone is be as good as I can, it eventually comes back as mine has now on 2 occasions lol....I try to limit my damage and just plod on ....oh and I use the group at class as much as I can and all the lovely people here on Mini's who are only too willing to help in anyway they can. I am now back in the zone after a 3-4 month stint in the wilderness, but I came here and went to class every week, some weeks I gained, some weeks I sts and some weeks I lost too, but I am happy cos in that time I only put on 11lbs and I can do that in a week easily, I have now lost 3 of that 11 and can't wait to get back to where I was ...so keep on keeping on hun ...we're here for you :hug99: xxxx

Right. tiny blip today, I ate something sugary, got the taste for it and then went into the biscuit tin at work... I have decided that I refuse to see this as a failure, and am going to reduce my syn overspend today by reclaiming the syns over the next 2 days... so 25.5 syns today, that means I get 9.5 syns per day for the next 2 days. Thats quite manageable.

Tip to self: Don't eat sugary snacks... You are addicted, and you get insane cravings. You will need to make it up.

Who am I trying to kid? I feel quite shaken with going over my syns on sugary crap. I lost control, and now is the time I usually pack it in for a few days. I am determined not to, I have a healthy curry cooking. I think my plan of reducing the syns for the next 2 days makes sense, might undo the damage. I just need to get my confidence UP AGAIN! I had really been sailing through, now I am really worried about weighing in. I start at a new group on Thursday (my old one is moving), and I don't want to start with a gain.

So my plan is to be back on track as of now, and plan for tomorrow. Thursday I have a hospital appointment and I'm not allowed to eat until 4pm anyway, so it should be alright clawing my syns back.

Be good :)

Hello lovely, we all have blips hunni, but you have done the right thing by drawing a line and moiving on.
1 bad day shouldn't spoil a whole week, but just in case I always (as does my daughter) drink more water it seems to cancel out a lot of naughtiness, as well as cutting back on your syns.
:fingerscrossed: all goes well at hospital, I live in the hospital lol have so many (mostly weight related) appointments for one thing or another

Take care :hug99: xxxx

Back