Louis vuitton handbag?

Krissykat

Gold Member
I have an old Louis Vuitton handbag, its abit bashed up, needs a clean and a new zipper fitted but my aunt gave it to me years ago now she's asking for it back.
Does anyone know roughly what it would be worth? I have a feeling she wants it back to sell it even it was given as a gift so I'm not too keen to give it back.

Its the same as the one in the pic but not as tidy!

Attachments

• tyuoi.jpg
    tyuoi.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 59
She won't tell me an actual reason, she says she knows someone who can fix the zip and she has leather soap to clean it up. She didn't even send me a card on my 19th-22nd birthdays and never comes to see me or my family anymore when she's in london so I'm quite reluctant to give it back to be honest. She said she will buy me another bag to replace it, anyone I want apparently but I'm unsure I trust her.

Hmmm sounds a bit dodgy to me. If shes going to 'fix it' why would she buy another bag, that implies youre not getting it back.

My mum loves all the day time antiquey type shows and Ive seen a fre LV things on there. They had a right old tatty awful looking suitcase which still went for a good sum of money.

Id hang on to it for dear life quite honestly lol Get it fixed and cleaned yourself and then she has no claim to it ;)

Might stick it on ebay and see if it sells before saturday, even if I get £50 for it I could use that money.
She said she will give me a red jasper conran bag in trade....

To be honest if a friend or relative gave me a gift and then asked for it back I'd be inclined to throw it right back at them! I'd make a point of commenting that I'd never accept another gift from them for fear or them wantig it back!! I other words I'd make her feel very small!

Alternatively, something slighlty less honest would be to say you gave a whole load of stuff away following a clear out and the bag went with it? You could still get a dig in about it being a gift and had not expected her to ask for it back in any event? I'm assuming it was a real Louis Vuitton and not a fake one? I have to say I'd never give any of my designer bags away even to my most favourite people!! Hence, I am questioning the authenticity of the bag.

Ekks! Hope that helps ??!!

Yeah its real, she only gave it to me because the zipper was broken, she said I could use it as a make up bag. Now she's found someone who can fix it so I think thats why shes asking. Humph
This has been going on for months now I kept telling her I couldnt find it because I wanted to keep it but when she messaged me today about it I just thought u know what ill tell her I have the bag and I'm using it for my makeup and see if she takes the hint I AM USING IT. But no unfortunately. And the bag she wants to trade me is fugly :(
If she gets me a cath kidston bag maybe then we can talk but I won't be forgiving this anytime soon. My dad is livid about it too (its his sister) shes called him several times asking for it aswell! Havent told him the latest instalment yet though!

Thats what I'm thinking, wish I never mentioned I found the bloody thing!

She just sent me this

'Babe tbh I would love to have the bag back I was rather hasty giving it away but I'm not working ATM so can't really afford to buy u another one just yet as soon as I am I will get u a cath kidston one is that fair?'

Hmmm....sounds like she's regretting her decision! It must be very tempting to say 'tough!' - a gift is a gift after all and legally you are the owner of the bag now.

However...is it worth falling out with her over the bag? I know you are definitely in the right but this is the sort of thing which can end in a massive family feud (I know, I've been there!) and you might decide its best to be the bigger person and hand over the bag - although you can subtly remind her that she owes you a Cath Kidston every time you see her!

Totally your decision and am sure you will make the right one for you. Sounds like you have a very supportive immediate family which is wonderful

xxx

She doesn't have any money to replace it, yet she has money to get the zipper fixed? I can't imagine repairing a luxury item such as this would come cheap, especially if she is getting repaired through LV? Then again I guess she could have the repair done cheaper elsewhere.

I'm still of the view to tell her to stuff it and have the stuffing bag back! Oh! With a bit of leaked foundation and mascara etc having "soiled" the bag as you were using as a make up as per her suggestion when she gave it to you as a gift!! That way, you maintain your integrity!!

That bag is about £450 new in LV, if you have the certificate with it to prove authenticity you might be able to get £100 -150?? If its really worn and stuff and needs a new zipper then it won't be much, but still worth something. :)

Back