Louise's Intermittent Fasting and Fitness Diary

Well done on the running i am an avid runner but when i started i could only run 100 steps at a time without collapsing

Well thats encouraging! I haven't run since PE at school (about 18 years ago!). Theres a lot of runners in my family so alway wondered if I'd ever get the 'bug'. I felt euphoric today whilst running, I was smiling to myself, I think the poor guy next to me on the treadmill thought I was some kind of fruitcake!

Having funny day today. Woke up feeling optimistic then weighed myself (official WI not until tomorrow) and was the same as last week. I'm sure its totm related, but anyway. Would be nice to see a drop. I feel like I;ve been dancing around the 14st mark forever, so bored of trying/failing to get under it. I know this time will be different but I just hope this works for me because I don't know where else to turn otherwise!

Anyway on a positive note I haven't eaten since 8pm last night and I'm not hungry yet.

Was reading up last night on limbic, and somatic hunger. Basically somatic hunger is real hunger, limbic hunger is more a craving or eating out of habit. So trying to listen to my body and decifer if its real hunger or a craving. Was looking in mirror today and definitely feel slimmer, clothes look better, but I will always feel a bit down when I see such a big sodding number on the scales! Fed up of being a 'big girl' :( Anyway, moan over, onwards and upwards.

Doing really well there Louise - me, I don't get off my bum, I know I should....but so far it hasn't happened

Listening to your body as to whether it is real hunger or not is key I think, even if you're not trying to lose weight, I think most of us overeat when it's not necessary, I know I often do, as does virtually everybody else I can think of.

PS - don't you mean onwards and downwards lol

Doing really well there Louise - me, I don't get off my bum, I know I should....but so far it hasn't happened

Listening to your body as to whether it is real hunger or not is key I think, even if you're not trying to lose weight, I think most of us overeat when it's not necessary, I know I often do, as does virtually everybody else I can think of.

PS - don't you mean onwards and downwards lol

Yes , DOWNwards please! :scale:

Looks like you've done ok weight loss wise without the exercise so far! I'm not sure how much exercise helps with weightloss. I mean, I know it helps but I've been going to gym 3 times a week for 2 months and in that 2 months I've lost about 7lbs, but I think that was due to weightwatchers. You have to burn a heck of a lot of calories to make a difference! Its nice to feel fitter though.

One step at a time hey! Now....where's my mr kipling christmas cake slice....:drool:

Last edited:
Well done for sticking with the exercise-even if the scales don't budge loads because of it, it is beneficial in loads of other ways.....sadly although I know this it hasn't made me move my butt much recently, but I have good intentions of restarting yoga in the next few weeks.
I know what you mean about hovering around the 14 stone mark....it's like it has a magnetic pull isn't it! I have a dd tomorrow, then weighin on Saturday, and I don't think I've moved much this week.

Well I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Don't think mine would have moved by morning either. Boo!

Anyway I wanted to tell you theres a good video blog on youtube of a lady who did the 5:2 version for 50 days and recorded all her progress. Its here Valar Intermittent Fasting Diet 24 - Liquid Feed - YouTube Once you get past the fact that she says things like 'amazing', and 'epic' a bit too much its quite watchable and also very inspiring as she wasn't big at all in the first place but still lost a lot.

Started my 3rd fast of week today at 5pm and wondering if I preferred 5:2 last week. Hmm will have to have a ponder over the weekend, I'm sure IF id the way forward just got to find the right version of it.

Have a good day tomorrow! x

Think I might have posted the wrong link its the right person, you just need to scroll back to day 1.

Don't let the scales dishearten you, you are doing all the right things so you will show a downward shift in the end on this eating pattern but sometimes it takes a bit longer. As you were already on a calorie deficit before starting JUDDD you won't get the first week water loss effect. Just be patient you are doing really well!!

Thanks Jilly - I know you speak sense!

Well - as expected sts this week. I'm going to do a little sad face now, :( I know its totm related, and that usually I'd probably have gained weight, but even so, the sad face is because at the end of 2 weeks (well actually 11 days) on this I've only lost 2 lbs so far.

I am aiming for 6 lbs per month, so in order to do that I need to average out at 1.5 lbs per week. So here's hoping next week I might lose 2.5 lbs??!! Ok - rambling now. Enough of that negativity...got some NSV's to celebrate!

1) I have lost 1.5 inches off my waist in less than 2 weeks

2) A top that was stretched tight across my boobs 2 weeks ago now is almost comfortably fitting me. So although the scales showing 2lbs loss, something else is clearly going on behind the scenes.

3) My skin is amazing! I've noticed this in the last few days. Much smoother, and seems more radiant.

4) I'm thinking about chocolate much less!

The top in question is from Zara. I love the shop but I hate the way it makes me feel, I think their sizes seem really tiny?! The blouse I have is in size XL (oh joy!) but I think equates to a size 16, as I'm guessing S = 10, M = 12, and L = 14, making XL a 16.

Even though I am a size 16 I sometimes struggle with tops that have buttons as I'm busty so they tend to gape. My aim is to wear the top comfortably on Christmas day without worrying about gaping buttons, with some size 14 black trousers I have. I can currently get them on but button is about 2 inches from being done up.

Anyway going to carry on with this even if I don't lose any flipping weight. At least maybe I'll cut my chances of getting heart diesease or alzeimers when I'm older. Heart disease is in my family, so its quite important to me.

Oh and today was supposed to be my 3rd fasting day. I woke up in middle of night starving! So I've decided to listen to my body and eat today. So far just had a wholemeal bagel with marmite. Not sure whats for lunch but making thai salmon and prawn curry for dinner later. Already done 2 24 hours fasts this week so not going to beat myself up! Going to discuss with OH over weekend about fasting patterns, I think I preferred doing two full days rather than split days.

Its actually been quite a tiring a week as my OH been away working in France so I've been on my own with the 2 children, which is ok, but I'm looking forward to him coming back tonight and having a chilled weekend.

Oh, here a pic of my blouse, I love it, quite 1920's!

IMG_4818.jpg

Hi louise, thanks for the link to the 5:2, I'll watch it later when I'm trying to avoid eating....
fabulous nsvs, well done! Try not to think about the scales, it seems clear that IF is working for you even if the scales are not showing it yet. And the top looks gorgeous-I like the vintage look too.
I'm envious you can get a pair of size 14 trousers on....I'll have to be below 12stone before I can, as most of my weight seems to be attached to my thighs! I'm still firmly in the 18s for at least another half stone I think.
Enjoy your weekend with your OH back. By the way, how old are your kids? I've got 2 as well, son just turned 11 and daughter 7. Both went to school in Pudsey pjs today.....cute!

I watched the blog on youtube...really interesting, and impressive losses considering she was small to start with and she has a hectic social life!

Hi!

Thanks for your encouragement, I know IF probably is the answer for me but its a bit of a challenge when the old scales don't budge! I think its a learning curve for me, having spent most of my life in the on/off diet mode and struggling to find a 'normal' middle ground. I'm trying to eat normally and properly on the days I don't fast but I think thats going to take a few week, maybe eve months to kick in. I cook all my meals from scratch but I do like my food and sometimes struggle with portion control!

Those trousers are by no means fitting me yet - need to lose a stone I think before they are comfy! But I do seem to carry weight well and people are surprised when they find out how much I weigh. I am big boned!

My boys are 11 and 5!

Oh and the blog was definitely worth a watch I think for anything doing 5:2. I think part of her success was due to her lunch time juicing habit though, not sure I'm going to be doing that! Xx

Woken up feeling very positive. going to finish painting the kitchen, do weekend clothes washing, go to holland and barratt to get some healthier snackage, then going to gym to run my 3k and walk the remaining 2k. Should burn 300 cals and its a down day.

Now can I do it all in 6 hours before I have to pick the kids up!

Have a good day everyone :)

Woo hoo totally smashed my own record at the gym again, I managed to run for 20 minutes, for the first time in my life ever :) :) In that time I covered 3.2K, so I think I'm on track to cover 5K in 35 minutes, which is my ultimate goal. Then I'll move onto 10K - yikes!

The funny thing was I did it in a fasted state too, I ran at 2pm and hadn't eaten since 8pm the previous evening. I've been reading a lot about the benefits of this as it takes you straight into fat burning, but I wasn't sure if I would be able to hack it on an empty stomach. Doesn't seem to make much difference to my energy levels, so all good.

I can't believe that 10 weeks ago I could barely run for a minute before dying.

DD today so I've taken the easy route and got myself a prawn curry from m&s for 370 cals. I've realised on dd that weighing, measuring, and calculating calories isnt easy when you're starving so might do this a bit more. I am going for a 24 hour fast so will wait until 8pm to consume my 500 cal, that way I don't have to go to bed hungry which I hate!

Oh, and I never ever eat ready meals usually so I hope its edible!

That is incredible, well done! Such rapid progress is brilliant, you must be so happy!

did you get the rest of the day's jobs done? And how was the prawn curry?

I did get all my jobs done :)- and I also walked about 4 miles so think I might have overdone it a bit as seriously flagging now.

The curry was ok actually - it was a king prawn count on us one from m&s and for £3 was fine. It had loads of king prawns in it which are expensive just on their own. Still feeling rather hungry though - will look forward to hot weetabix in the morning.

Back