Louise's Intermittent Fasting and Fitness Diary

Thanks Chyrssa. I am pleased about the gym stuff as I've been a complete exercise phobe all my life. Even when I've been slim I've never been fit.

So today is a glorious up day! In fact every day apart from Thursday will be as I'm doing 5:2. I've surprised myself by not stuffing food the moment I woke up, I did kids breakfast, school run, dog walk (all in rain!) and I've just come home and had my weetabix at 9.30 am which I've totalled as a respectable 300 cals. It was really nice actually I never realised it was so low as its very filling, so might consider having it as a dd supper (it was 3 weetabix and 200 ml of semi skimmed milk).

Feeling lighter so keeping my fingers crossed for a loss this week.

Am in love with this diet - just waiting for it to love me back!

You are doing so well..sure you are on for a good loss this week!

but... weetabix?? really!!?? :yuk:

Not ever, not for anything.....

Ha ha I admit it does look like like a pile of slop!

Some good news here - not my news but my OH has been doing 5:2 for 2 weeks now with me, and he weighed in 5lbs lighter this morning! Its hard for him as he is travelling around a lot so often has to eat whats there and not always the healthiest, i.e. airport/aeroplane food, so its confirmed to us that it does work and definitely worth doing!

Also doesn't seem to matter too much what you eat on your up days.

Now off to gym, wondering if I can go longer than 20 mins.....haven't eaten since 8pm last night so in a fasted state I guess which seems to make me run better.

Did 21.45 mins of running and 327 cal....Not sure how I'm making all this progress but loving it!

Today has also been my best up day to date. Calc'd I;ve had 1500 cal (don't do this as a rule but was just curious) and I burnt 327 so only 1173 net. Not hungry AT all, whats happening to me!

Great day on food and exercise fronts, well done! Wish I was as motivated as you on the exercise, I really struggle to get anything done after work. Weekends are a bit better but I'd love to feel more positive about it.
When do you next weigh? Sure you will get a great result. And congratulations to your OH on his loss, must be especially tough working odd hours in lots of different places.

Great day on food and exercise fronts, well done! Wish I was as motivated as you on the exercise, I really struggle to get anything done after work. Weekends are a bit better but I'd love to feel more positive about it.
When do you next weigh? Sure you will get a great result. And congratulations to your OH on his loss, must be especially tough working odd hours in lots of different places.

Thanks Kate, he's really chuffed as he ate pizza and hotdogs yesterday at a buffet! I WI Friday morning. Bit nervous about it really but as I've said before I'm in this for the long haul as I just feel so much better. Even if I lose 1/2 a pound a week I'll get there!

As for the exercise I totally know what you mean. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm home during the day I don't think I'd get around to it either. Its only since my youngest started school that I've had the time, or the inclination. I never get time to go at the weekend, too much going on! For many years I was anti exercise, I never thought I'd be seen dead in a gym. I only really joined to keep a friend company! The first few weeks I did it were the hardest. I felt so unfit and wanted to make excuses not to go. Then I gradually started getting better, and I guess that gave me the confidence to carry on, and its amazing to see your own progress and do things you thought you could never. I think now I'm at the point where its become my 'me' time. I plug my earphones in with very loud 90's dance music and no-one can phone me, or talk to me, or disturb me and I love it!

I'm sure you'll find a way to get some exercise in, once we start feeling lighter we tend to feel more inclined to move more anyway. Having the thought is the first step :)

And I am the ultimate exercise-phobe so if I can then really anyone can!

I've gone through phases of exercising...lots of them, but never seem to stick to it. I've joined gyms twice, pre-kids, and quite enjoyed it, but the cost puts me off now, and the having to fit it into certain times. I do used to love doing the weight machines, but hated cardio. I've done endless exercise DVDs and stuck with them for a few weeks, but never for long. My best was yoga last year, went three times a week for 8 months and loved it, but it is expensive and I just can't get back into the habit.
Long list of failures...that's why I'm so impressed with your success!

Well clearly yoga is your 'thing' as running is mine (can hardly believe I'm saying that!) So much easier to stick to something when you enjoy it. Can you do yoga at home?

Sounds like you have got this lifestyle really worked out and that its suiting you!! Its funny how it tames our appetite isn't it? I also find that I am making much better choices...but still like my treats:D

Today has also been my best up day to date. Calc'd I;ve had 1500 cal (don't do this as a rule but was just curious) and I burnt 327 so only 1173 net. Not hungry AT all, whats happening to me!

well done!!!!! I hope whatever happened to you happens to us as well :D

woken up this morning feeling a little peckish so wondering if I should have eaten more yesterday even if I wasn't that hungry. Today is dd and I'm not eating until 6pm. So far have a chunky bit of seeded bread and some ww soup planned, as well as my 100 mls of milk which takes me to 330. So 170 left. I might have some grapes and a biscuit after my soup.

Well clearly yoga is your 'thing' as running is mine (can hardly believe I'm saying that!) So much easier to stick to something when you enjoy it. Can you do yoga at home?

Must be great to say running is your thing! I have tried that too -add that one to the list of failed exercise routines!- but it hurt my knees and I found it really tough.
The yoga...I do some DVDs at home, and make it up as I go along sometimes. I'm no good at it, really inflexible, but I do love it.

woken up this morning feeling a little peckish so wondering if I should have eaten more yesterday even if I wasn't that hungry. Today is dd and I'm not eating until 6pm. So far have a chunky bit of seeded bread and some ww soup planned, as well as my 100 mls of milk which takes me to 330. So 170 left. I might have some grapes and a biscuit after my soup.

Hope you've managed to get through the day OK! Good luck for your WI tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thanks Kate. Have found today really tough. I think it must be due to low calorie intake yesterday so not feeling so smug about it now! Was dreading the ww soup but it was ok actually and only 77 cal for whole can. So praying for a loss tomorrow. I need 2.5 lbs to get me back on track for my 6lb a month target but I'd settle for a pound!

By the way when I started running I had terrible knees. I had to stop for a few weeks to let them heal. Since I started again I haven't had so much of twinge (touch wood). Good luck with your yoga enjoying it is the main thing!

What sort of ww soup was it? I've bought a few cans but haven't be brave enough to try them, even the pictures on the front of the tins look dish watery!

Thanks Chyssa - one happy lady here today because this week I've lost........................

4 Lbs!!! Let me just repeat that, 4lbs, yes 4!

Ok, I'm calm now. So happy though. :)

Oh and that means I've already hit my 6lb a month target.........horay.

Also - hello 13's! 13 st 10 to be precise, who'd have thunk it!

Back