Louise's Intermittent Fasting and Fitness Diary

Oohhh that cake! I'm so glad I can't bake, I would not be as restrained as you.

the photos really show how well you are doing, the combo of exercise and diet is working really well for you! Note to self...must exercise, must exercise....

glad to hear your little lad is better...they do pick up everything in the first little while.

Brilliant result on the running, probably best not to cry on the treadmill though....water doesn't mix with electricity, you don't want to short it all out!

Well done, you really are an inspiration! Keep it up, and keep telling us about your progress until I get my big bum of the sofa and do something about my belly and (almost) bingo wings..

Gosh you are doing well, especially on the one slice of cake...OMG serious yum!!!
You can see a tremendous difference in your two photos, you look not only slimmer but so much more toned, you will be amazing by Xmas!!! Got to love this JUDDD!!

Well done, you really are an inspiration! Keep it up, and keep telling us about your progress until I get my big bum of the sofa and do something about my belly and (almost) bingo wings..

Thanks! Unfortunately I have belly and bingo wings too and not sure running will get rid of them, will probably have to put myself through some other sort of pain for that!

wow well done on the running, took me ages to get to be able to run that long non stop . You will be signing up for a marathon next !! LOL

Have you done anything like that? I wouldn't rule it out!

Gosh you are doing well, especially on the one slice of cake...OMG serious yum!!!
You can see a tremendous difference in your two photos, you look not only slimmer but so much more toned, you will be amazing by Xmas!!! Got to love this JUDDD!!

Thanks Jilly - am planning my next cake!

So had up day today and had a good day about 1800 cal. I started with one slice of toast at 7am, then shopping all day so not much time for proper food, at 11 I had a very small cinnamon whirl, I'd bought it for my son but I was so hungry I had to eat it! Then got hungry again about 3 but didn't have time to prepare anything as had to dash out again at 3.30 for school run, so I had a 9bar (seedy thing) and i loved that, with a banana.

For dinner I was at my sisters and it was pizza and garlic bread as we needed to do something quick. I had half a thin pizza and one bit of garlic bread. Feeling nicely full and ready to face next dd tomorrow. Will kick off with gym at 9 am and then back home to do housework all day :argh:

Am so tired this week - OH been in U.S since Sunday working and he's not back until Sat - can't wait until he's back!

So kicked off today's dd with school run walk which totalled 30 mins, then to the gym and I ran for 3.5 K 25 minutes. I'm sure I would have gone longer but the fire alarm went off and everyone had to evacuate!

So far all I've had since 6pm last night is 3 cups of tea. From 12pm to 5 pm was starving. Now its 5.30 and the hunger has waned a little so might save my 450 cals for a little later when got little T to bed. Today I've got 7 crisp breads, a whole tub of cottage cheese with pineapple and a big bowl of melon, can't wait!

I think I've converted my sister onto IF and joining gym too!

So impressed with your ability to run. I used to be a member of a gym..ironically when I wasn't overweight and was active enough not to need it. I could never run on the treadmill. I seemed to hold my breath when I ran! I lasted a maximum of a minute before I had to slow it back down to a walk. Someone said I should have taken my headphones off and focused on my breathing, keeping it slow and even. But I needed my headphones in so I couldn't hear people laughing at me nearly shooting off the treadmill all purple in the face. I really should join a gym again think it would be a great benefit.

Sounds like you're describing my first time at the gym! I too could only run for about a minute. I started couch to 5K where the first week was 8 sets of 1 minute runs, with 1.5 minutes of walking between each one. when I did it the first time I had to give up after the 7th one minute run, I was shaking and exhausted. I got up to week 5 before I abandoned it and did my own thing (I think it wanted me to leap from 8 minutes to 20! I have got up to that time now but it took me 10 weeks) I'm honestly the most out of shape person. If I catch a glimpse of myself on the treadmill it really disheartens me as I don't look athletic or capable at all, just lumbering and overweight and beetroot faced! Maybe one day I will look better! I'm with you on headphones as well - can't do it without my music pumping! If you do decide to give a go again the couch to 5K programme is a good place to start.

So had up day today and had a good day about 1800 cal. I started with one slice of toast at 7am, then shopping all day so not much time for proper food, at 11 I had a very small cinnamon whirl, I'd bought it for my son but I was so hungry I had to eat it! Then got hungry again about 3 but didn't have time to prepare anything as had to dash out again at 3.30 for school run, so I had a 9bar (seedy thing) and i loved that, with a banana.

hey, you're into the 9bars! They are rather good aren't they.

well done on a great couple of days, you're amazing with the exercise....definitely a role model, and I bet you look fine on the treadmill, not beetroot-like at all!

Yes the 9bars are very satisfying and a lesser evil than a chocolate bar!

Role model :eek: why thank you! 10 weeks ago I wasn't! - I just hope I can keep it up.

I was the same when I started running I used to run for 100 steps thinking I was going to die then walk for 200 and repeat until I couldn't do it anymore . Now 12 years later and I run 3 to 4 times a week and have run 10 marathons . And yet still think people look at me and think what a rubbish runner as I am slow and do not look athletic .

I always say if I can run anyone can !!! Most people fail because they go to fast at first so keep it up.

Think I'll see if they have any offers for joining a gym in January. I'm sure you look fine running on the treadmill! Going from scratch to running that length of time and distance is fantastic in such a short time you should be really proud of yourself. At least if I join in January there will be lots of other unfit people joining thanks to their New Year resolutions to get fit...I shouldn't stick out like a sore thumb then!

Do you have a gym group gym in your area? They are very cheap ranging from 10.99 to 19.99 per month, and no contract!

So...dum dum duuuuuummmmmm.....dreaded WI day :eek:

Pleased to report in week I've lost 2lbs! :happy036:Making a total of 8lbs for Nov (3 weeks and 4 days to be precise), so I've smashed my 6 lb target.

I have to say though this whole WI business really affects me in an unhealthy way. I couldn't sleep last night, tossing and turning worrying about what the number would say! I know if it had been a sts or a gain it wouldn't have been down to anything I've done as I've worked for it this week, but it still would have put me on a downer. Really don't want to go through that every week, SO I'm going to be brave and just WI once per month, eek!

That way I know I'm almost guaranteed to see a drop, and I won't have that feeling of impending doom every week! I also won't be able to analyse every sts, gain or big drop, theres no point and its not a healthy thing for me.

Only thing is I don't think 30th Dec is going to be the best day to WI, due to it being after xmas! So I think I will WI on morning of 23rd Dec. Then WI again on 31st Jan. Thats a longer gap but it gives me time to repair any xmas damage and not obsess over it! Just hope I have enough will power to no WI!

So, WI 23rd Dec, picture 25th Dec!

Lovely up weekend now. Not sure what I'm eating today other than Nigella's pancetta and orzo risotto for dinner from her new book (got sister and parents over for dinner). We made it last week and its the easiest most yummy recipe ever. Tomorrow I'm on a girly shopping day in Westfield, so I'm sure its going to involve some nice food and prob a few alcoholic drinks at lunchtime! I'm not planning on buying much as theres not much point at moment if I'm loosing weight, but might get some xmas pressies. Sunday I'm hoping OH will cook one of his famous roast dinners!

Have a good weekend everyone.

Last edited:
That's fantastic. Well done and enjoy your up weekend :)

Good loss there Lou, well done, you must be happy with that, especially busting your target so easily,

I think if WI affects you, then monthly WI is a good idea... see how it goes, but as you say, Christmas WI is likely to be a bit hit & miss, so, just before, then the whole month later will give you the time to pull it back :)

Sounds like a great up weekend you have planned.... is Westfield local to you?... not been tehre nyself, but then, I'm not really into shopping much....

But, remember, you can try loads of stuff on, and see what you're aiming for, as you say, no point in buying now to throw away soon !!

Have fun

~Louise~ said:
Pleased to report in week I've lost 2lbs! :happy036:Making a total of 8lbs for Nov (3 weeks and 4 days to be precise), so I've smashed my 6 lb target.

Well done! 8 lb in just under 4 weeks is fab. Always a great feeling when you smash a target

~Louise~ said:
Only thing is I don't think 30th Dec is going to be the best day to WI, due to it being after xmas! So I think I will WI on morning of 23rd Dec.

My weekly weigh falls on 27th Dec, one before that is the 19th. I'm going to scrap the 27th one and weigh in on morning of 25th because my DD falls on Christmas eve. I'm going to try to stick with my alternate days over Christmas (no calorie counting on the UD's) , apart from maybe switching new years day to an UD. Hopefully I don't do too much damage on my 'ups'... I always eat too much over that time of year, usually chocolate lol

Keep up the great work. You're doing so well.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done! Hope the shopping trip went well too.

i think if I weighed once a week I would obsess a bit the day before. I find that by hopping on every morning, I kind of know what's coming, so it's not a shock if I've not lost! Having said that, your plan is much more balanced and rational and sensible. I couldn't do it!

:character00238: congrats on the weight loss, you are doing great! WI as often as you need, you are doing so well that it shouldn't be a problem. I am still doing weekly WIs but I'm planning to go to monthlies after Christmas.

I also wanted to let you know that you have really inspired me to give running a go, your progress is fab! I got the coutch to 5K app and will try to do it!!!

WTG on the weight loss, you really are shedding it big time!!! I agree that if you can stay off the scales its a very positive step. I used to WI not just daily, twice even three times a day, but I have tried very hard to stay off them since i started this regime and now I really do only get on once a week...well most weeks, I do have to own up to the odd extra hop on if I think I feel 'extra' slim!!! However i think I've rid myself of scales obsession..I think I can trust this way of eating...infact I know if i stick to the rules it is actually impossible to put on....and so far sticking to the rules seems quite easy!!
So well done on your monthly WI plan!

Back