Louise's Intermittent Fasting and Fitness Diary

Well done on loosing your extra pounds already Jilly!

Gah I'm so busy this week, really missing reading everyone's diaries but I've been on the go since 7 am this morning and only just sat down after mammouth present wrapping session. Must get on tomorrow at some point to catch up!

Just wanted to update my diary for my own records really as today I ran for 30 mins :bliss:I'm so happy with that (also covered 4K which is the furthest I've run). I just can't believe I can do this, I out ran everyone else on the treadmills at the gym, even the skinny gym bunnies :D Weirdly - I could have gone on longer too, I only stopped because I was being picked up from gym. Feel happy as the last week of ct5k is to run for 30 mins without stopping so although it took me longer than 9 weeks, I got there in the end (13 weeks :))

I've also decided to WI on 24th Dec instead of 21st, that way I can squeeze in one more dd (on 23rd) and a few more gym sessions.

Well done, that's brilliant. I'm going to repeat week 4 of c25k starting on Saturday or Sunday. Getting back to it after an almighty cold/cough. x

Hello I'd just read through and wanted to say a massive congrats on your losses so far and also how amazingly you are doing with running. Couch to 5km is so incredible isn't it?? I love that you went with you son too :) I 100% agree with you running outside is much nicer, just think by Spring you will probably be near enough at 10kms :) Have a lovely Christmas and goodluck for your weigh in tomorrow!

Hi there thanks for you lovely congrats :) Running outside is like a different exercise altogether! I really struggle with my body temp on treadmills, I feel so hot thats why I could never do more than 30 mins!

So HELLO everyone! I'm back after a slightly extended Christmas :break_diet:

Had a lovely time but it feels like I'm really more than ready to get back on the wagon. Had some interesting developments on the weight front too!

Basically I going to have one more fast day on 23rd but couldn't due to meal out, so had to do my weigh in as originally planned on 21/12. As I hadn't WI for 3 weeks I was very supprised to see that I only had only lost 2lbs!! Taking me to 13st 6 - or so I thought (more about that in a bit) I then looked at what had happened in November and realised that most of my losses occur after all my hormones are out of he way in the latter part of month so deduced that if xmas and new year wasn't about to happen I would probably have dropped another 3-4lb, so wasn't too worried.

Anyway just to check it wasn't my pesky scales playing up (they are old, cheap mechanical ones) I went out and bought some super duper Salter ultimate accuracy scales. They weigh in 1/8 lb increments - amazing! Well imagine my horror when I jumped on and they weighted me SIX POUNDS HEAVIER!!! Argh. So I went to try my my mum's digital scales and same thing, 6 LBS HEAVIER THAN I THOUGHT! Was so not impressed, raging might be a better word. However once I had calmed down I realised that it was better to be 'in the know' and accepted my new heavier reading!

So I thought I started xmas at 13.6, really I was 13st 12 :eek:. So I had 8 days of uninterrupted eating from 23rd - 30th dec up until 5pm. I then did a fast until 5pm in new years eve before a buffet, which I didn't hold back on. My next fast day is tomorrow, then from next week onwards I intend to do mondays, wednesdays, and fridays. The friday fast will be from 5pm thurs to 5pm Fri and I will eat what I want after 5pm Fri. The monday and weds ones will be 24 fasts then 500 cals. Hope that makes sense.

So anyway scores on the doors at the end of December after my mammoth 8 days eating session were 14st (still boo-hooing about the new large figure on he scales!) So that means no gain, but no loss for December. I basically lost 2lbs then put it back on again. Am strangely ecstatic about this though. I haven't been to the gym since the 21st. Have eaten, drunk and been very merry all for a 2 lbs gain. Would easily be 7lbs usually. Then I'd eat all though Jan as I would be so depressed about it ha ha!

I'm now embracing the daily WI now I have accurate scales! I'm loving seeing my weight change by 1/8 or 1/4 a pound a day, I've already lost half a pound so far this week so hoping Friday morning weigh in will show a loss. Decided not to do monthly weigh ins now I have my amazing scales!

So thats me in a nutshell. Hope everyone else has had a more successful December weight loss wise. I so feel so happy and optimistic about the year ahead though. Last year I was a stone heavier than I am now and it took me until Feb to join slimming world, then lose a stone and then put it all back on plus more - I know that will not be happening this year!

I just have to keep reminding myself that my true weight when I started Judd was 14st 8 not 14st 2 like I thought :rolleyes:

So tomorrow I am planning to hit the gym - and Jan I'm hoping to lose 6 lbs bringing me to 13st 8 lbs (real 13st 8 this time :rolleyes:)

Last edited:
Liking the sound of the new scales, might have been a shock finding out you were heavier, but great for future tracking! Quite a success over Xmas though.....we all put on, its not Xmas otherwise:D
Anyway glad you are joining the Mon/Wed/Fri fasters!!! Just going to bed now after a really strict DD, already planning breakfast LOL!!!

Hi Lou Lou, I wouldn't worry about the scales issue, you're still the same as you've ever been and how ever much you wanted to lose is still the same, it's just a number that's changed :)

Congrats on not gaining much over Christmas as well, you're a better woman than me :p xxx

Thank you girls the number on the scales shouldn't have such a hold on me I know!

However still loving my new scales! I had my WI on Friday and I've gone from 14.1 last Friday (28th Dec - by the 31st I was down to 14.0 hence saying I sts for Dec) to 13.11 when I weighed in Fri 4th Jan. So 4 lb loss for last week. Only 3 of those were actually lost in Jan though so going to be strict and only knock 3 off my 6lb target for Jan! How annoying though, on my old scales I would have been 13st 5lbs - still must stop dwelling on that :rolleyes:

This week I feel so bloated and pmt-ish so not hopeful for a loss, scales already shot up a few lbs for no apparent reason so just hoping I can maybe sts at least by Friday. Still got the rest of the month to lose another 3lb.

Today was a dd and had a chicken soy and sweet chilli strifry for dinner which was lovely and very filling. Also had special K biscuits taking me to 600 cal :eek:, oh well, I did manage to go a whole 24 hrs without eating so not too worried! Went to gym today after a too long break and found it very hard, could only manage 15 mins of running (burned 175 cal) but hoping to get it back up to 20-30 mins within next week or so.

Will post back on Friday my results for the week :)

Last edited:
Congrats on the loss so far and good luck in the gym, wish i could run for a full 15 minutes :p

Thanks - and re the running if I can anyone can! I'm an exercise-phobe or at least I was.

Had a look on the scales this morning and the mysterious 2lb gain is gone again, so hoping I can maintain last weeks loss or maybe even lose another 1lb by Friday.

Quite a restrained up day today. So far just had 2 slices of toast with jam and a cappuccino for breakfast, a pitta bread with cheese and tomato salsa for lunch, dinner is going to be a spicy bean burger, jacket potato, salsa, cottage cheese and salad. Bit odd but using up things!

Gym tomorrow and will try to push myself to do 20 mins on treadmill, its hard when you've had a break!

Its always amazing to me how quickly we become unfit...I was puffing a bit whilst swimming last week after missing just 2 sessions over the holidays. My UD has had a few naughties bacon, egg, bubble & squeek for dinner & pie & chips coming up for tea, but still pretty good on calories..will still be just short of 2000 as long as I resist the last few chocolates......:D.

Oh I love bubble and squeak with egg! Add bacon and it must be heaven yummy!

So WI today shown 1lb loss yey!

Feel so bloated from bloody hormones so glad for the lb. Assuming next week will be my sts week as I always seem to have one a month!

So I've lost 5.5 lbs in two weeks very happy with that, 4 of which have been in Jan so thats 4 to knock off my 6lb Jan target.

Still plodding on at gym. Trying a different tactic to prevent the treadmill boredom, burning as many calories as I can in 20 minutes and alternating jogging at 8.5 kph with faster running (up to 10kph). Seems to make things a bit more bearable and quite enjoy the fast bits.

Now for a nice up weekend - have a good one if anyone is reading! :)

Hi Lou, sorry I've not been around :-(.

Pah, about the scales....but in all honesty, the downward trend is more important than the actual number.
Personally I couldn't weigh each day, but, hey ho, we're all different.
Well done on the small Christmas gain, and brill start for the new year with your excellent losses!!

Well done on the losses, you are right back on track. I admire you running like that. I used to run, many years ago, i showed horses, so you had too. I did some stationary jogging in my garage last week and was surprised when it didn't hurt my kness, so may add that into my routine of punching bag &Leslie Sansone walking and see how it goes!

Thank Deb and Jilly, nice to see you back here Deb hope you had a nice Xmas!

Jilly I think you have to find an activity you like enough to stick to every week and just go for it. Like you i love swimming and walking and am aiming to do more of that this year. I like the running because it burns a lot of calories quite quickly so I can be in and out of gym in an hour . Ideally I'd be doing the running outside but the old embarrassment problem rears its head. I don't know why I care what anyone else thinks, I obviously have issues!

This weekend has been a little tough as I've realised a few things bout my eating habits. A lot of the time I don't eat because I'm hungry I'm eating because its a designated mealtime. Everyday has to include breakfast lunch and dinner as I'm conscious I want my children to have a good routine (when i'm fasting they are usually at school)I need to eat with them because family mealtime is important. I'm wondering how much of my life has been spent eating this way, because I'm expected to? Im naturally greedy so if food is in front of me i will eat it, it would be nice to be selfish and just eat when I wanted to though!

RE the scales I have new super dooper ones arriving tomorrow and you will be able to hear the screams if they weigh me more. I've not lost my Christmas weight gain yet. Well done on shifting most of yours. I have a feeling they will as my old ones have been abused by people bouncing on them, are rusty and mechanical. It is easier when you don't have to sit with the kids. Mine are all old enough to eat on their own now and I don't have the pressure to sit and eat any more.

HI :)

Just read your diary and found it really inspiring. I've started the 5:2 diet last week AND I'm starting the C25K this week too - although am terrified as I get tired walking! ;) I'm on my second DD today, so am feeling a bit hungry, but nothing that I can't deal with. At the moment I'm tending to have a Special K bar for breakfast (around 90 cals) then a 350 or so lunch. I prefer to eat during the day - I'm happy to go to bed hungry knowing I can eat the next morning.

Anyway - your losses and your running are amazing, so just wanted to say well done!! I hope I can do as well! :)

S
xx

I've just read in your diary that you had a similar experience! Not fair is it!

HI :)

Just read your diary and found it really inspiring. I've started the 5:2 diet last week AND I'm starting the C25K this week too - although am terrified as I get tired walking! ;) I'm on my second DD today, so am feeling a bit hungry, but nothing that I can't deal with. At the moment I'm tending to have a Special K bar for breakfast (around 90 cals) then a 350 or so lunch. I prefer to eat during the day - I'm happy to go to bed hungry knowing I can eat the next morning.

Anyway - your losses and your running are amazing, so just wanted to say well done!! I hope I can do as well! :)

S
xx

Thanks! I've just discovered your diary so good luck with 5:2 it really is great! Also good luck with ct5k, it was really great for getting me into running. I found I had to go my own way at 5 weeks in as it wanted me to do the 20 minutes and I just didn't feel ready. Running 3 stone overweight isnt easy so I took a slower route but eventually did get to the 30 minutes. I have to say though running on the treadmill for 30 minutes is not fun at all so going to try to do more outside running once weather improves!

I'm on a dd day and feeling very cold and hungry :(

Brrr this is why I'm so cold! IMG_5222.jpg

Brrr! It's cold here, but most of the snow has gone thank God - I hate it!!

How did your DD go? Anything nice planned to eat tomorrow? :D

S
x

Argh....I failed my first ever dd! I'm sure it was down to the weather, just felt so cold and hungry. Gave in at lunchtime and had my 500 cal, then later on had 2 x slices of peanuts butter on toast, crisps and a chocolate bar!

Scales don't seem to mind I'm on track for a loss this week but maybe there will be a delayed reaction. I am going to attempt a sort of double down day now. Never done one before and don't intend to get into the habit but I'm thinking today I'm going to have 600 cal and tomorrow 1000. Not juddd, not fasting really either but damage limitation until weigh in on Friday.

I seem to be losing some water retention this week clothes feel loser than beginning of week so might get a loss rather than sts if I can keep to two austere days food wise.

Outside is still a winter wonderland my mum lives in middle of Norfolk and it went down to -16 degrees last night. I'm in town so not as cold but still fffffffreeezing!

Back