Louise's Intermittent Fasting and Fitness Diary

I tried the Dukan Diet when it first came out (lasted a week), loved the bran pancakes and lived on those, cottage cheese & prawns. Only lost 2lbs which is par for the course of most diets for me, however had to give up as became totally constipated and needed to resort to some serious medication to put it right:( I normally eat quite a high fibre diet and unless I just ate the oatbran I could not get enough roughage!!!!

Yeah thats why I could never do it for more than a week Jilly! In cruise you can only eat veg every other day and thats just no good for me as I eat a lot of veg and put it all in family meals.

Feeling very bloated today and not expecting a loss tomorrow, don't know why, just a feeling. hope everyone is having a good week. x

As suspected sts this week. No apparent reason, been to gym 3 times this week maybe that was it. Anyway not bothered as I always seem to get one sts a month. Realised that there isn't much point worrying about weekly weigh ins when I weigh in every day now anyway. So as long as I can see my monthly progress by daily Wi I'm not going to worry about the Friday weigh in as I noticed last night it was starting to make me a bit anxious again, which is silly seeing as I weigh myself every day anyway!

Loss for Jan currently 6lbs.

Have a good weekend everyone X

Almost half a stone!! That's a great loss :) well done xx maybe you've got some nice toned muscle going on, heavier than the fat xxxx I hope I get to half a stone next week too :)

Hi everyone.

Just popping on to say I won't be on as much. Got a lot on my plate at moment, trying to restart up my business that I had to put on hold a few years ago due to child rearing issues, and trying to minimise distractions! So no facebook and much less minimins! Will pop on to update my losses and read everyone's diaries, but prob won't be on as much as I was.

Will post my loss for Jan on Friday morning! X

Good luck!! I'd just started following you, we have pretty similar stats and diet histories :D good luck with your business and your weight loss. I'm sure you'll do brilliantly with both :)

Thanks frona and coteaux.

My weight at end of month came in at 13.6, so a loss of 8lbs for Jan. Happy with that.

Hoping end of Feb I might be 12 something, will be first time in over 5 years!

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

That's brilliant! Well done :) 2lbs per week is a super loss. Fingers crossed for feb. Let us know how you are getting on!

I've just switched from dukan back to 5:2 as it was just too punishing hope I can do as well as you have! :)

Saw your Jan loss in the challenge thread and just wanted to stop by your diary and say well done! You're doing great.

You are doing the 5:2 plan right? Can I just ask what 2 days are your 'down' days? I'm so tempted to give 5:2 a try it's just a big part of me thinks I won't lose with having just 2 down days a week x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya :) and thanks!

I don't tend to have set down day days as I just would rebel against them knowing me! I always aim for a Monday which I'm always happy to do after a weekend of ups, then either weds or thurs. as I only do 2 dd I do try to make sure on my week day ups I don't go mad. My cals prob come in about 1800 on those days but I don't count just estimate. At weekends I don't count at all, which leads to some pretty scary leaps on the scales. Somehow the first dd seems to take care of the weekend gain, and the second dd usually leaves me with a loss for the week. I think if I wasn't as cautious on my week day ups I would end up with more 1lb losses than the 2lb ones I'm getting. Oh and I also burn about 1000 cal a week through jogging and walking everywhere. Just give it a try or a week and see what happens!

Hope that helps. I really believe in IF I think I will carry on doing it one way or another for the rest of my life. Just lately though I have started panicking about spring approaching and have taken the decision to do a vlcd (slim and save) for a little while.

I feel like for 6 years I've been all weights between 13 - 15 stone something and I'm ready to see a big change. I would never have dreamed of doing one of these diets before I discovered IF as I would have been very nervous of how to keep the weight off afterwards. I know know I can do this with IF and stories like bedtime bears have inspired me.

Weight loss is a funny old game. I never in a million years thought I'd attempt a vlcd, thought they were crazy! But I'm now in day 3 and feeling fine (particularly as scales said 13.5 this morning, haven't seen that number for a while) I might last a week, I might last 2 months. I'm not putting any pressure on myself just keeping it going as long as I can. I'm very busy at moment and its fitting in with my life just fine.

Whatever happens I know I'll be coming back to IF to maintain the loss and loose whatever else I need to lose.

Good luck if you try 5:2. I'll be back every Friday to post my losses still.

Louise x

Hi Frona and ilikepencils - yes vlcd going very well am down another 7lbs from last juddd weigh in taking me to 12.13! Haven't seen 12 anything on scales for 5 years so very happy :) I have to say the diet isn't easy, well some days are and other days just seem so hard. But they say you can lose a stone a month. I'll just keep going as long as I can, confident I can last at least a month on it now.

Frona I hear you re the cost, I was doing the tfr (total food replacement) at 4 products a day, and even on slim and save that came out at almost £50 a week. I've gone down to 3, and a high protein meal for dinner (e.g., 100g meat and 200g veg), so about £30 a week. It works on the basis of 650 cal a day and under 60g carbs. You could have effectively live on eggs, meat other low carb stuff and veg and probably get the same results (have you looked at dukan?) You would have to take some good supplements though, as the vlcd products are nutritionally complete. Oh and you have to drink 2 litres of water a day!

Juddd is my safety net though and I will be following it when I'm done with this low calorie business!

Well done on the VLCD, I lost pounds on Cambridge years ago, but never kept it off, and found it so much harder to lose the next time. Over 40yrs I don't think there is any diet I haven't tried LOL!!! I did the Original HPD diet in the 70's way before Atkins & Dukan, that worked too, but well..you guessed it! I really believe that JUDDD is the best for a long term lifestyle change, because its easy to maintain on it when things are not perfect. I guess its whatever suits you and whatever you see yourself sticking too

Hi :) Cant believe I've been on this horrific vlcd for nearly a month now. Well it would be if I hadn't got ill with the flu and had a week off, all I could manage to eat was cereal, toast and soup. I lost 8lbs first week and 2 lbs second week, and thanks to the flu I put on 1 lbs the 3rd week. Could have been worse I suppose.

Anyway final day of feb tomorrow and I think I've had enough of s&s. I liked the packs to start with but I having to force them down now. Hoping for a few more lbs off in final feb weigh in. Originally wanted to lose a stone in feb but due to flu blip I'm prob looking at 10/11 lbs max now as I don't feel I'm loosing much. I do have more than the recommend amount of milk but I just cannot do without my tea!

So planning some kind of sw/judd combo now I think. The thought of food is very exciting!

Hey Louise good to see you back here :)

Although the losses can be quicker I personally don't think it's an easy diet to stick to. I did S&S for 16 weeks and to be honest I near enough hated almost every minute of it. In the end I was also forcing down my packs too. I got fed up and I quit in the end. I didnt follow another plan I just went back to my old ways and regained half the weight I lost then that's when I started JUDDD. I just couldn't face another VLCD again... The thought alone filled me with dread.

Bet you can't wait to get back to normal food! Even if you don't lose anymore than 11 lb in Feb it's still very close to the 14. You've done really well.

Last edited:
Lou - be good to see you back, well done got sticking to it, as the others have said, bet you're looking forward to real food
As you know, I tend to do an SW / JUDDD combo, and when I'm careful, have some pretty good losses, when I'm lax I still tend to have a small loss, when I'm bad (like last week) I'll have a gain - but, all in all it seems to be working.
Am I right in thinking that you did SW some time back??
- if you need any SW help, just shout - you too Frona

See you soon

Hi ladies!

Thanks luv2bslim, Frona and Deb. I'm determined not to go on some mad binge (tempting!) so have woken up this morning, googled my nearest sw meeting and there's one at 9.30! So about to go. Really I just want the books as I hate sw meetings. Going to attempt to follow 3 24 fasts per week, and eating sw food the other times.

When I was doing the v,cd I was dreaming about food a lot and collated all my magazines into recipe books, so I have a starters, mains and dessert book now, how sad! Shows how much I was thinking about food......I have followed sw before but somehow ended up feeling hard done by and gave up. I think doing be vlcd has shown me the true meaning of beng hard done by and now sw seems like luxury, so hopefully my mind set has changed.

Anyway 11 loss for Feb as suspected so actually really happy with that.

Aiming to sts first week due to reintroducing carbs.

Then 2 lbs per week. So setting myself a 6lb target for March.

Eek off I go!

Back