Lou's Diary

Hi everyone :)

I have decided to start a diary. I haven't decided whether or not to write down everything I eat or just use this as a place to empty my head (or a little of both!).

I have struggled with food all my life. I have never been obese but I have spent a very long time feeling uncomfortable in my skin and this has impacted my life immensely. There is so much I have put off because of it and I feel if I don't sort it out now I will only ever look back with regret.

I have spent most of today reading unbelievably inspiring stories on this forum and I admire you all for your dedication, I have my fingers crossed I can do the same! Tomorrow is my first challenge....food shopping for the week ahead. I am on a strict budget (aiming for debt free and fat free at the same time lol!) and hope I can resist the '10 mini pizzas for £1' signs in the supermarket!

Wish me luck!
:hug99:

Totally trying to put off going food shopping.....had to get up at 6.30 this morning to rescue a friend stranded at the airport cos their lift fell through. Tired, already had way too much coffee and a huge bowl of cereal.....off to a rubbish start :sigh:

Last edited:
Well done for getting sorted this week!

Hope it goes well for you, keep us posted on what you have.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do well. There's lot's of supportive people on here who will help you along your way.

First day down (nearly)!

Almost gave up after eating a chocolate biscuit at my best friends house after work but stuck with it (in others word I only ate one and not the whole packet!)

Breakfast:
mini weetabix, chopped banana, milk (1 x HEB, 1/2 x HEA)

Snack:
apple

Lunch:
egg salad with boiled potatoes and light mayo (2.5 syns)
fat free yoghurt
satsuma

Snack:
chocolate biscuit (4.0 syns)

Dinner:
Quorn steak, jacket potato and veg with gravy (2.5 syns)

Snack:
angel delight (1/2 x HEA, 6.5 syns)

Syns today: 15.5
Syns this week: 15.5

Currently planning tomorrows menu :)

Last edited:
Half and half!

Today has been half good and half bad!

On the up side, my mum donated some money to my debt fund so now my credit card is finally paid off (on to the overdraft next!) and I also finally got my appointment with the senior physio that I have been waiting months for!

On the down side, after being diagnosed with hyper-mobility syndrome four months ago and doing physio exercises daily (that have really made no difference) the senior physio has now diagnosed me with limb length discrepancy. This means I have to either spend another three months in pain whilst I wait for the NHS to refer me to a podiatrist or go back into debt to go private :(

And to top it all off I have eaten way too many biscuits....

Breakfast:
mini weetabix, chopped banana, milk (1 x HEB, 1/2 x HEA)

Snack:
apple

Lunch:
chilli cous cous and salad (1.5 syns)
fat free yoghurt
satsuma

Snack:
go ahead bars (9.0 syns)

Dinner:
Quorn and veg fajitas (way too many syns)

Snack:
angel delight (1/2 x HEA, 6.5 syns)
go ahead bars (9.0 syns)

Syns today: 26+
Syns this week: 41.5+

Feel so rubbish today
:cry:

Aw babes, you're doing really well, dont worry about it. Everyone has the odd hiccup, just pick yourself up and carry on!
You've got a lot to deal with at the moment, just do the best you can, you're still making a massive difference!

Best wishes.

Back