ProPoints Lou's food diary! I WILL get the weight off this time round!

aloum

Hi, i'm 18, 5ft4 and my start weight was 12st2lb. I have tried weight watchers on and off before, DIY styley, no group and no online account, it always ended up with me being grumpy and miserable and giving up! I have a less than supportive family when it comes to this, dont get me wrong they are lovely lovely people in all other aspects but insist on eating as much rubbish as they like because, and i quote "we work hard all day, why shouldn't we eat what we want?". I do totally understand where they are coming from because they aren't 'big' and they do work damned hard, it just makes dieting a whole lot harder with a fridge full of cheese and pizzas!

I have just finished my Alevels so i'm free until September when i start uni. I am determined to be 10 stone or less before i start uni, i want to make the most of uni seeing as i'm paying at least £12000 a year for it, being body-conscious and grumpy about it isn't even an option!

I've joined the gym and have been going every day for a week, i'm currently on 11st12lb and i'm determined to force my way into the 10stones by the end of July. failure is NOT an option! I have also joined WW online which is going to be a massive help i think!

I thought i'd start this food diary for my own benefit really, just so when i have a rubbish day or a week where i gain weight i can have a rant and move on!

The online thingy says i can have 28pp per day plus obviously my 49 weeklies
I always plan my days food in the morning or i would literally just snack all day or eat a huuuge breakfast and lunch and then be like "oooh whoops, no points left for dinner"

29.06.2012. 23/28 dailypp used 1/49 weeklies used (so far)
Breakfast- banana (0), blackcurrant squash (0)

GYM GYM GYM GYM GYM!

Lunch- Potato Waffles (8) Ketchup (1) yes i eat potato waffles on their own, i dont even know what the appeal is!

NAP NAP NAP NAP NAP!

Dinner- (haven't eaten it yet but it's going to be.....) White pasta (9), Lloyd Grossman Sauce (3), Parmesan (2)

Hi,sounds like you have your head in the game,what will you be studying at Uni? I can understand how you feel about your family,good foods are about being healthy though not just weight loss and you may even encourage them to change some of their habits :0) good luck on your weight loss journey :0)

Hi,sounds like you have your head in the game,what will you be studying at Uni? I can understand how you feel about your family,good foods are about being healthy though not just weight loss and you may even encourage them to change some of their habits :0) good luck on your weight loss journey :0)

Studying Law hopefully, depends how results go really though, i do have a few back up plans but Law is the goal! Yeah they aren't particularly unhealthy they just supplement there food with loads of yummy stuff! it's like i asked my mum to stop buying cheese altogether or just buy parmesan or a cheese i dont like but they aren't really prepared to give up what they want which i do kind of appreciate given the hellish hours they work!
I'm trying just not to give myself a day off the diet or the gym because i know as soon as i do it'll spiral into a mentality of "one more day off wont hurt" so i've just got to keep on moving and keep on dieting!
I'll keep you updated! Are you on Weight Watchers too? how is it going for you if you are?

That's great about wanting to study law,hope you get to do that :0)As to the cheese you can get half fat cheese that is only 2pp per 30g.Yup i'm doing WW,have lost 30lbs in 17 weeks :0) am doing simply filling now though instead of pp,my first week of it,really enjoyed it :0) look forward to seeing how you get on.

first weigh in and i've lost 8lbs!! Last monday i was 12st 2lb this monday i'm 11st 8lb!!! i am soooo happy!

it seems going to the gym and not eating the activity points i gain is working well! yaaay! i just ate Weight Watchers Spaghetti Bolognaise for lunch, only 8 points but definitely not as yummy as real spag bol, oh well gotta think of being thin for uni i suppose!

Back