lou's 'im really gonna do it this time' food diary

extra easy

breakfast:4 rashers of bacon with fat off, 6 large mushrooms, 2 eggs

dinner: skipped it was too busy and didnt feel hungry plus had breakfast late

tea: half a plate of salad, medium jacket potato and lean mince with tomatoes, passata, mushrooms, onion, worcestershire sauce and herbs, 42g reduced fat cheese

then it all went wrong, 3/4 bag of cinder toffee covered in chocolate and half a tray of chips (small one). grr mad with myself, and still bloody hungry and have my healthy b but dont want to eat it as i have already had probably 50 syns. i dont know how many as they arent on the sw website. mad.mad.mad.

i cant remember what i had after this day so am starting a fresh from today as was on a hen weekend all weekend
red day
breakfast-nothing
dinner-king prawns, lettuce, carrot, tomatoes, cucumber, spray balsamic vinegar (spray light)
tea-beef, mushrooms, onion, garlic, herbs de provence, rosemary, mustard, carrots, broccolli, cauliflower, spring greens

snacks: 2 slices of nimble hexb, 42g red fat cheese hexa, 3xryvita 2=HEXB, 1=1.5syns, 5xlight laughing cow cheese tri HEXA, pickled onions, gravy 4syns

total 5.5syns

Last edited:
breakfast: melon
dinner: 2 slices nimble hexb, ham, mustard, 2 tsp light spread 2syns
tea: quorn mince, tomatoes, onion, mushroom, peas, jalapenos, rice, fat free yogurt and 42g red. fat cheese hexa
snack: 2 banana, 2 satsuma, 2 hi fi bars 11syns, pickled onions

glad ive seen this i forgot about the light spread i had earlier lol, need to take another 2 pennies from my syns jar!!

total 13 syns

Last edited:
Hi Lou, all looking good. Seems that the syn jar is working!!
Hope you have a better week this week and the scales are kind after the hen weekend.

thanks pomette, i am sooo waiting for that to catch me up and bite me on the wotsit...my gains seem to have a habit of delaying themselves...i was sat thinking how could i have only gained 1/2 a pound after my naughtiness but when looking back, i left almost all of my breadcake from my cheeseburger, most of my chips, the next day i didnt eat until tea time then had some donner meat and salad and a couple of chips and then on the monday i was straight back on it and before it i had been really good and i was good, in fact extra good the week before so i think that had a lot to do with it. well see next tuesday..i may come back with a massive gain and will be mortified lol, i jumped on my dodgy scales today and it is still showing a bigger gain than the sw scales showed so not sure whats going on there!! anyway ill stop rambling now lol

extra easy day
breakfast:banana
dinner:wholemeal breadcake hexb ham, lettuce, cucumber, tomato
tea: pork ragu, out of the ee cookbook, pork mince, pasta, cherry tomato, 2 tins tomato, mushroom, onion, courgette, aubergine, concentrated chicken stock, herbs and spices. i added the courgette, aubergine and mushroom as it wasnt on the recipe and i wanted to have more speed foods, plus 42g reduced fat cheddar hexa

snacks:tea with 1 sugar 1syn, muller light 1/2 syn, hi fi 6 syns, options mint 2 syns

total:9.5 syns

red day

breakfast: 2 slices of nimble hexb, 3 level teaspoons of light spread 3syns
dinner: wholemeal breadcake, ham, lettuce, cucumber, tomato
tea: thai style fish and veg curry: 3 syns for low fat coconut milk
salmon
haddock
king prawns
butternut squash
cauliflower
green beans
spinach
carrots
onions
fish stock
corriander, fresh and dried
coconut milk 4 level tablespoons
fat free yogurt
lemon grass
cardamon seeds
ginger
garlic
chillis

i think that was everything!! was absolutely delicious!!!

snacks:ill have a hot choc later and fruit 2 syns, alpen light 3 syns

total 11 syns

Last edited:
lost track with my diary..i did have more syns on the last day i posted i wrote them down and took my pennies out of the jar for them but have lost my food diary!! i think it was 2 crackers and light spread and another options hot choc.

yesterday extra easy
breakfast: banana
dinner: batchelors pasta n sauce cheese and broccoli
tea: gammon, mash potatoes with milk and light butter hexa and 3 syns, carrots, broccoli, salad cream 2 syns
snacks: options hot choc 2 syns, 2 ryvita hexb, 2 laughing cow cheese triangles 3 syns

total 10 syns

today red day

breakfast:eek:ats so simple sachet and 180 ml semi skimmed milk, chopped banana HEXB HEXA
dinner:bacon, egg, grilled tomato
tea:roast chicken, cauliflower, broccolli, carrots

options hot choc 2 syns
salad cream 2 syns
5xlight cheese triangles hexa
satsumas
ham

ive sort of got a bit lost with my syns on here, ive done the pennies in the jar everytime ive been eating syns and writing it down until i lost my diary (which ive now found!) and by the time ive come to put it on here ive forgotten what the syns i had were, i know ive had 70 as i took a penny per syn out of my jar as i was eating it btu i cant remember a lot of the things i spent them on lol. so if my syns look lower this is why..cos im brain dead lol, joys of having children ;)

Last edited:
tuesday extra easy-weighed in and lost 3 pound!!

dinner:ham and satsumas (normally have a sandwich but had no bread in :/ )
tea:jacket potato, beans, 42g low fat cheesehexa

snacks: 2x options 4syns, 2xryvita 3syns, 1 hifi bar hexb, 50g pate 5syns, light spread 3 syns, crisps 5 syns

total 20 syns...i got 21 earlier?? ill go with 21 to be on the safe side, cos thats how many ive taken out of my jar. bit of a naughty snacky day really but it was weigh in day!!

:happy036::wow::woohoo:on the 3 lb. Well done chica.

As you said on the tortoise thread, getting you head round it is half the battle. I actually think it's more than that. IT IS THE WHOLE BATTLE.

Once you know you can get some big losses if you stick to it properly then when you get the little ones, a STS or even a small gain then you can just dust your self off and get you diary back out and see how you had a good week.

I don't cheat, but I do have to "tweak" the plan as I can't get so many of the foods here that are available in the UK. Examples are things like pitta's. Why are only Asda and Co-op ones a HexB? My hubby being a cynical old **** thinks it's to do with sponsorship but the theory is, that it is all to do with the amount of fibre.

I can only get Iceland ones - they are 110 cals each (so 5½ syns and a Hex is supposedly 6 syns) so I do actually substitute that for my HexB. Not strictly legal - and probably why my losses are fairly slow at times - but it works for me. Otherwise I wouldn't be having any Hex's and mega mounds of syns.

Once I got my head round some of the tweaks I have to do it all fell into place. I also stopped fretting about only losing a ½ or even ¼ lb some weeks and just accepted that it was going to be a long journey. And I have got there (almost).

The other thing that actually spurred me on was finding an old photo of me at my fattest - and I cried. I realised I really did look awful and I didn't ever want to go back there again. I now take a look at that photo every day and it's what encourages me to get back on the wagon when I fall off!

So ((( big hugs))) Lou for getting your head there and sorry for this ramble, but it might help you too to put things in perspective.

thanks pomette :) thats ok hunni you ramble away!! i totally agree with you the only thing that stops us is our head, we all do the thing where we lie to ourselves about what were eating is fine when we know deep down that having a bite here and there of things and not synning them is going to slow weight loss or even give us a gain. i have found i will eat something i know what the syns are on it but ill want something else but having the second thing takes me over my syns so ill write the 1st thing down as less syns and lie to myself sayin oh i left a bit, or ill eat somehting and just not syn it as i want something else i didnt know i was doing it its been a slow realisation and this last week it just came to head, i actually caught myself in the acct guesstimating syns to suit me not what was actually real. so stupid really, how can you be lying to yourself without knowing it?? i always have sabotaged myself, when ive lost weigt in the past ive always started eating loads knowing it will make me gain again and make me miserable yet i still do it over and over..why?? i have come to the conclusion that im so down on myself that when i actually do something that i should be proud of i go back on it almost as a way to prove to myself that i am rubbish and cant do anything. but this time i can, i deserve to be slim and happy and im not standing in my way anymore, ive wasted too much of my life wanting to be slim time to do it and see what all the fuss is about!!

wednesday-extra easy

breakfast- oats so simple, semi skimmed milk 180ml, chopped banana HEXA HEXB

dinner-pasta and sauce with remaining milk from allowance

tea- beef stew. beef, carrot, parsnip, potato, swede, leek, gravy granules 3 syns

All I can say is well done lass. Admitting to our sins (syns) :D, self-sabotage and getting our act in gear is the "finally frontier" of actually achieving some big losses.

So I really do look forward to ANOTHER one next week chica. Go girl go.

thanks pomette :)

balls i forgot to put down the syns i had last night, i took them out of my jar so i accounted for them but cant remember what i had..which is why the pennies in the jar is coming in handy cos in the past i would have forgotten and thought ooh i hardly had any syns and then go right over my weekly amount tut tut naughty me!! i had 6 or 7 yesterday. tut im rubbish at this arent i lol

thursday red days
dinner:king prawns, salad, salad cream light 1 syns and fat free dressing
tea:turkey, tomatoes, tinned toms, passata, courgette, onion, peppers, carrots and broccoli.cheese hexa

snacks:alpen lighthexb,

friday extra easy
dinner:missed it completely due to working and not planning properly..naughty
snack:hi fi bar hexa
tea:gammon, new potatoes, broccolli, cauliflower and carrots
500ml wine and a quarter pound cheese burger 46 syns ooooops

was supposed to go out tonight but arent going now which is a good job seeing as i used so many syns. ive definitely gone over my 70 for the week now, but having yesterday as a flexi day and not sweating it, just back on track today.

saturday extra easy
breakfast: 2 slices of nimble with light spread 3 syns and hexb
dinner:jacket potato with tuna, beans and salad

Lou - so you had a lot of syns yesterday but you missed lunch (slapped wrist) :angeldevil: so it may not have beed as bad as you think.

Back on track today so with some crossed fingers :fingerscrossed: you should still be ok.

saturday i ended up having some cheese ball things at a party, a slice of pizza, copious amounts of alcohol, crisps, half a pizza and then sunday all i managed to eat was a ham sandwich in nimble and cury and rice. not even gonna try to estimate how many syns that was possibly 100?? or more?

monday extra easy
breakfast: 2 slices of nimble
snack:alpen light 3 syns
dinner: king prawns and salad with 1cal balsamic spray
tea: lean mince, pasta, mixed beans, tinned tomatoes, passata, tomato puree, mushrooms, onions, peppers, chilli, basil
snacks: 2 mini bounty from celebrations tin 2 syns

im leaving the syns there for the day. im really hungry but i think its cos ive been poorly. gonna have to eat some more free and super free.

neglected my diary again woooops

tuesday:
dinner:ham and melon
tea:beef stew
snacks: 2 hifi bars 1 hexb and 1 5.5syns, gravy 3 syns and i had something else for 2 syns but cant remember what...but i had 10.5 syns anyway

wednesday
breakfast:porridge and banana and semi skimmed milk hexb hexa
dinner: 3 boiled eggs and salad, salad cream 3 syns
tea: chicken, tomatoes, tinned tomatoes, passata, lemon thyme, mushroom, onion, sweet potato, butternut squash, chicken stock, and rice
snacks: hifi bar 5.5 syns, satsumas, toffee muller light
total 8.5 syns

thursday-ee day
breakfast: banana
dinner: jacket potato and beans and 28g cheese hexa
tea: pork, stir fry veg, potatoes, 4 mini onion bhajis 10 syns, 1 mini samosa 2.5 syns, half a sausage 3 syns.
snacks, banana, satsumas, muler light

must up my fluid intake im really hungry but think its thirst. note made for tomorrow

Last edited:
right i am on a mission, new start.

breakfast: oats so simple porridge with 180ml semi milk with banana and a coffee with a splash of semi milk HEXA HEXB

dinner: small jacket potato, full tin of beans

tea: chicken curry and rice. chicken, tomatoes (tinned), passata, carrots, leeks, onions, swede, spinach, tin of mixed beans, garlic, ginger, herbs and spices

snacks: muller light x2 (toffee), satsumas, alpen light 3 syns, wine 11.5 syns

total 14.5 syns

Back