Lou's LET'S DO THIS July challenge

Yay 6.5lbs off this week :D
Lou 14lbs to lose 13lbs to lose
Taz 4lbs to lose 2lbs to go
Sammy 4lbs to lose 4lbs to go
Susie 7lbs to lose 7lbs to go
Ellie 14lb to lose 1lb to go

Well done Ellie! Happy to say I reached my target too :)

Taz 4lbs to lose 2lbs to go
Susie 7lbs to lose 7lbs lost :D

I need to learn from you. What changes did you make? Well, I have gained the pound I lost but I think it was going to happen looking back on how the week developed.
I have a personal trainer who is great and not only trains me but gives nutrition advice too. When I needed to kick start things again I cried to him and he recommended some minor changes to my diet which led to me making even more changes. Those little changes become the norm and it makes it so easy. The real key is to make it a lifestyle that's sustainable so it doesn't feel like a chore.

I have a personal trainer who is great and not only trains me but gives nutrition advice too. When I needed to kick start things again I cried to him and he recommended some minor changes to my diet which led to me making even more changes. Those little changes become the norm and it makes it so easy. The real key is to make it a lifestyle that's sustainable so it doesn't feel like a chore.

That's great support.

It was my birthday this week so a gain was inevitable

Taz 4lbs to lose 3lbs to go

It was my birthday this week so a gain was inevitable

These things happen as I know. I think I will stay the same. I have got another good week or so until its TOTM but I feel so bloated and sore. I think I have to go low on carbs, I think as well. I have neighbour tonight and tomorrow and they all leave so my routine will resume after that..

It's unlikely that I will meet my July challenge though it was small and realistic. When is the last day to weigh in for the challenge? How is everyone else doing?

1lb off so have just scraped my July target :)

Ellie 14lb to lose 14lbs lost

It's unlikely that I will meet my July challenge though it was small and realistic. When is the last day to weigh in for the challenge? How is everyone else doing?

Am not sure when the last weigh in for the challenge is, I would definitely be counting next Monday even though its the 1st Aug as the week before was still July and I guess the same can be said for people who weigh in later next week as some of the week before will have been July days. At least you haven't put on any weight so that's positive and there is still time to lose something by next week :)

Am not sure when the last weigh in for the challenge is, I would definitely be counting next Monday even though its the 1st Aug as the week before was still July and I guess the same can be said for people who weigh in later next week as some of the week before will have been July days. At least you haven't put on any weight so that's positive and there is still time to lose something by next week :)

Thanks Vintage girl! Great loss this month and overall. I was going to use next Monday as the last weigh in for the month. Let's see what happens but being realistic as it's TOTM and feel like a water ball already.... Nether less, still trying.

I'm not likely to meet mine either. I should have taken birthday week into account when I set that goal, and the fact that I am only 8lb away from my yearly goal half of that in a month may have been a bit ambitious

I'm not likely to meet mine either. I should have taken birthday week into account when I set that goal, and the fact that I am only 8lb away from my yearly goal half of that in a month may have been a bit ambitious

What is your yearly goal? To be honest any goal I seem to set, never seems to materialise. I thought by lowering the loss it would be more achievable.

This is the problem I've had all along, I set goals that I think may be realistic then something happens along the way and it all just seems to go to pot. I set this years goal in a slightly more logical and cautious way. Last year I lost a grand total of 10lb..... then put it back on again :( so my goal for this year was to lose that 10lb again plus another stone on top, so 24lb in total. Which doesn't seem a lot over a year but when you consider I'm 3 years in so it's not coming off so quickly now and the disaster that was last year I thought this would be a bit more achievable. Nothing happened at all for the first few months of the year and now it's properly shifting again so I'm hopeful of hitting that target by Christmas. I'm actually 9lb off it after last weeks gain. But as I've shifted 15lb this year I'm hoping I can lose a few more to absorb the seasonal gains

This is the problem I've had all along, I set goals that I think may be realistic then something happens along the way and it all just seems to go to pot. I set this years goal in a slightly more logical and cautious way. Last year I lost a grand total of 10lb..... then put it back on again :( so my goal for this year was to lose that 10lb again plus another stone on top, so 24lb in total. Which doesn't seem a lot over a year but when you consider I'm 3 years in so it's not coming off so quickly now and the disaster that was last year I thought this would be a bit more achievable. Nothing happened at all for the first few months of the year and now it's properly shifting again so I'm hopeful of hitting that target by Christmas. I'm actually 9lb off it after last weeks gain. But as I've shifted 15lb this year I'm hoping I can lose a few more to absorb the seasonal gains

HI Taz, I think you have done really well and this year you are smashing it. What diet are you doing? What's HGB? I get stuck in a rut and find it difficult to move on. I was in fact three stones lighter, three years ago and kept a total of four stones off until that point. The weird thing about it is, I didn't follow a diet and lost all that weight. Now I have gained most of it back, I am consciously now trying to lose weight and it's not really happening...

HGB is hypnotic gastric band. I initially had one to one hypnosis and CBT but I couldn't go back for top ups and the stone I lost ended up going back on. I then had an operation and ended up immobile for 5 months and had to learn to walk again. As soon as I was back on my wobbly feet I got into the pool to swim and do aquafit til I was strong enough to exercise on solid ground. I then ordered the Paul McKenna gastric band hypnosis book and dvd after reading about it on here and the 5st just seems to have disappeared without actually 'dieting'. Obviously I have also made a lot of lifestyle changes recently and I am relying less on the HGB and more on a sustainable healthy lifestyle

Morning all - 1 more lb off for me - and well done Ellie, a fab loss!

Susie 7lbs to lose 8lbs lost
Ellie 14lb to lose 14lbs lost

Good luck all x

HGB is hypnotic gastric band. I initially had one to one hypnosis and CBT but I couldn't go back for top ups and the stone I lost ended up going back on. I then had an operation and ended up immobile for 5 months and had to learn to walk again. As soon as I was back on my wobbly feet I got into the pool to swim and do aquafit til I was strong enough to exercise on solid ground. I then ordered the Paul McKenna gastric band hypnosis book and dvd after reading about it on here and the 5st just seems to have disappeared without actually 'dieting'. Obviously I have also made a lot of lifestyle changes recently and I am relying less on the HGB and more on a sustainable healthy lifestyle

I might look that up. It's amazing how weight loss occurs without actually 'dieting'. Good for you.

It doesn't work for everyone Sammy but for less than a tenner it's definitely worth trying. Read the book properly and follow the instructions and the rest kinda falls into place. It's basically just mind programming so it changes the way you look at food.

Last weeks gain plus another lb gone today.

Taz 4lbs to lose 1lbs to go
Ellie 14lb to lose 14lbs los

It doesn't work for everyone Sammy but for less than a tenner it's definitely worth trying. Read the book properly and follow the instructions and the rest kinda falls into place. It's basically just mind programming so it changes the way you look at food.

Last weeks gain plus another lb gone today.

Taz 4lbs to lose 1lbs to go
Ellie 14lb to lose 14lbs los

Anything is worth a shot especially for that price! :) Great weight loss x

Back