Love life lighter!

Well fingers crossed! Really struggled yesterday - a mixture of trying to get back on the programme and not having hardly any SW friendly food in!

Snack in work: 4 chocolate digestives.. just found out these are 4 syns each! Eeeekk (16 syns)
Breakfast: Muller light with frozen fruit and bran flakes (HEXB)
Dinner: cereal bar (5.5 syns, these are gone now)
Tea: Chilli (6.5 syns, didn't use extra lean mince) with quinoa. Muller light + options sachet (2 syns)
Snacks: 2 alphen light bars (6 syns, forgot I'd already had my HEXB)

So all in all 36 syns!! How frustrating, I feel very stupid. Really annoying how much things like little biscuits and not-SW-friendly mince adds up. It does make me want to think agh forget it this week is definitely going to be a weight gain so I might as well just start again Wednesday.. but I know I can't do that, otherwise by Wednesday i'll have put the weight on plus more from eating crap for the next 3 days! Nearly half a week to sort it out I suppose! So going food shopping after my sleep today and will get lots of very free foods. I might try and make the speed soup as well, has anyone tried it?
Hope everyone is doing better than me :(

I just can't seem to get back on the wagon, really struggling again today.

Snack in work: Banana, apple
Breakfast: Yogurt, cereal (HEXB) and frozen fruit
Dinner: 6 chocolate rice cakes (2.5 each, 15 syns :( ), 2 belgium buns (19.5 each.. so thats 39 :( )
Tea: Ainsley harriet bake in the box spinach and aubergine pasta (5 syns) with 2 pieces bacon. Cake in a mug (2 syns)
Snack: 1 muller light

So even though I thought I did better today.. I actually did worst. I know its because of my binge on belgiun buns and rice cakes, and I'm not even sure why I did it. I have been low in mood lately as a bit of a comedown from being back in work, away from family and friends etc so I think it must be down to emotional eating. And self-sabotaging. I don't know why I do that either. Just feeling really low and think I turn to food for comfort a lot of the time. I need to get back on track! Just don't really know how. And I feel like such an idiot for failing this much on only my second week. I think as well, because I have it in my mind that I need to restrict myself a lot e.g. no syns for the rest of the week because I binged so much last week, it makes me want to binge more. So Tomorrow I have a full plan of what I am going to eat - mostly free food, but a few syns if I think I need them.

Breakfast: Muller light + frozen berries
Snack: Banana
Lunch: Tuna salad, with lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, celery and sweetcorn.
Snack: One apple
Tea: Speed soup! From this recipe I found:
Snacks: Muller light, grapes, option hot chocolate

1 can mixed bean salad
1 can green lentils
2 cans chopped tomatoes
1 can baked beans
Handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
1 large onion
4 large carrots
2 parsnips
Green, red or yellow pepper
2 beef stock cubes
Salt & pepper
Mixed herbs
Water (enough to cover all ingredients)

Chop all veg and put everything in pan, cover with water bring to boil and simmer until veg are soft.

Can be left chunky or blended.

Can be frozen

So I am hoping that having a proper plan in action will help my motivation. Plus I am always busy at work, so probably won't feel the need to snack too much.. its just when I get home which is usually the problem! Going to try and go to the gym tomorrow as well, kick that back in. It does make me feel lots better, just hard to get the motivation at times. I REALLY want to loose weight before the wedding next month, but just want to take it one day at a time. It will be a miracle if I STS this week :(

Definitely don't restrict your syns too much the rest of the week. As you say it's likely to make u binge even more. Just get back on track and do your best the rest of the week. You say it's difficult in your 2nd week but it takes time to change the habits if a lifetime, don't beat yourself up so much xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Maverick, got my meal plan sorted for today so hopefully it will be a better day! Have a good one :)

Today was a success :) stayed 100% on plan and feel so much better for it.

Dinner: Tuna salad with lettuce, celery, tomatoes, pepper and sweetcorn. One apple, one alphen bar (half HEXB)
Snack: 2 apricots, other alphen bar (half HEXB)
Tea: Speed soup! Made with the above recipe and it was lovely! Really filling, and have made a few batches for throughout the week.
Snacks: Few pieces of ham, one banana, some melon

So NO syns for today :) I know everyone says you have to eat syns to loose the weight but hoping this will cancel out a few of the extra syns I have had throughout the week. Went to the gym today as well, to a Body Pump class which was good - my arm muscles are still shaking! Feeling quite focused now and just want to get this Wednesday WI over with so I can have a good week next week. The thought of me only having 11 more weigh in's until I reach my first mini goal (to have lost 1lb each week, total of 12 weeks weight loss to bring me down to 10st 7) is really spurring me on. That's about the time I go on holiday as well, so would absolutely love that! I'm already 2lbs down out of 12 so if I stay the same it would mean I am averaging my target which is a nice thought. Going to try and have another 100% day tomorrow - speed soup for lunch, then something a bit lighter for tea e.g. chicken salad. :)

Oh, and what's anyone's thoughts on this.. I love baking, but feel that I can't do it because I'm on SW and most of the desert recipes aren't to my liking - I love loads of chocolaty cake! So was thinking, that if I have a weight loss each week, on the Wednesday night to do some baking (non-SW-friendly) so I have have some after my WI. I would maybe make a cake, but would give my flatmates/work colleagues some as well so I wouldn't be eating all of it. I wouldn't be synning it though! Does anyone else have a 'treat' night after WI like this? Or would it be too detrimental to the next week's weight loss?

Today has also been really good! Been quite hungry so ate a lot, but all good food so not worrying about that!

Dinner: Speed soup, muller light, apple
Snack: 2 alphen bars (HEXB), 2 apricots
Tea: Chicken and bacon salad with boiled egg, sweetcorn, pepper, tomatoes, lettuce. Cake-in-a-mug (2 syns)

So only 2 syns for today :) I'm happy that I have kept to the plan, but who knows what tomorrow's WI will be. As I have said a million times previously I would love to STS, so fingers crossed for me! Hope everyone has a good WI tomorrow who's having it :)

Dreaded weigh in.. Lost 0.5!!! So happy with that :D and its given me loads of motivation to keep going. If I can have an awful week and still loose, what can I do on a good week? Currently enjoying a victory breakfast of banana on toast, yum :) will update of rest of my food later. Hope everyone has a GREAT day :)

Breakfast: 2 wholemeal toast (HEXB) 1 banana
Snack: 2 boiled eggs
Dinner: Jacket potato with butter (2 syns), quorn curry (not sure about syn value? it was a tomato-based curry sauce, more like a Bolognese), curried potatoes (again not sure of syn value). 2 apricots
Snack: 2 alphen bars (6 syns)
Tea: Homemade SW buyers with sweet potato SW chips. Lots of melon!
Snack: Options hot chocolate

So not overly sure of syn total today but not too worried. Really wanted to do some baking today and 'treat myself' to a big chocolaty full fat desert, and really wanted to go to the shop and binge on lots of chocolate but didn't. Partly because I know deep down it will affect my weight loss next week, partly because I couldn't be bothered going to the shop! Don't care about the reason too much, just happy I didn't do it! I'm not going to treat myself with food - I am not a dog. Looking forward to sticking to SW and being good all week, would love 1.5 off next week! But any loss would be great, just know I have to keep at it :). Went to the gym again tonight to Body Pump - it's such a good class for toning especially! Didn't want to go but glad I did in the end. Just takes a lot to convince myself!

Okay so I think because I didn't 'treat myself' and binge yesterday, it has wound me up so much that I did it last night. And I feel pretty **** about it. I ate a whole packet of biscuits (28 syns) and 2 pieces of cheesecake (37 syns). WHAT WAS I THINKING?! I didn't even enjoy them overly much, and it bloated me to the point of my stomach hurting. I even ate my dinner even though I wasn't hungry, plus some of my options hot chocolates even though I wasnt hungry. So pretty annoyed at myself. My day was fine otherwise!! To be honest, I wasn't even that hungry most of the day.

Breakfast: Muller light, bran flakes (HEXB) and frozen berries
Snack: Mug shot
Dinner: Speed soup, apple
BINGE
Tea: Chicken with roast carrots and parsnips. Bbq sauce (2 syns)
Snacks: Mug in a cup (2 syns), 2 hot chocolates (4 syns)

So I should have only had 8 syns and that would have been a perfectly good day. I just don't know what got into my head. But thats 65 extra syns down the drain, so I'm going to try and make up for that somehow this week. Not restrict myself as I know from last week that it doesn't work, but try and go to the gym, and eat the least syns as I feel is OK for that day. Today for instance, I don't feel the need to eat any syns because I feel so bad for last night. Plus am going to the gym this morning so that should make me feel a bit better. Silly girl!!!

Yesterday/today went well. Woke up pretty early and went to the gym, boxercise, then nipped into town for some bits. Spend the rest of the day trying to nap in preparation for my night shift, then went to work. Had an OK night at work - was working with someone I don't really like, but you get on with it eh.

Breakfast: Banana
Snack: 2 apricots
Dinner: Celery and carrot sticks, cottage cheese, mug shot
Tea: Speed soup! 1 yogurt
Snacks in work: 1 apple, 1 alphen bar (half HEXB)

I have noticed that I don't tend to eat my HEXA very much - mainly because I don't drink milk really, and tend not to buy cheese. But am going to buy some bayells to sort this problem :)

Well done for getting back on track, and with all that gym and exercise classes I'm sure those excess syns will be cancelled out in no time!! xx

So work was fine at the weekend, it really tires me out though as my sleeping pattern gets really messed up - 4 days and 2 nights a week is no good! Just thinking of the money though, only another 10 weeks until I am finished and out of here! Doesn't sound too long, but will sound better when its 9 weeks. Really missing OH at the minute, to the point where I get angry with him just because he lives so far away. Its not his fault at all, he is an absolutely amazing person and puts up with me even when Im really moaning or upset. I just can't help it sometimes, and feel myself being frosty with him even if he has done nothing wrong! I'm just annoyed at the situation and take it out on him. It doesn't help that we can't even visit each other very much because I we both work so much. 10 weeks though, not too bad.

Breakfast: SW syn free pancake with options hot chocolate (2 syns), frozen berries and a banana.
Lunch: 6 chocolate rice cakes (15 syns.. once I open the packet I can't stop)
Dinner: 2 toast (HEXB) with margarine (1 syn), 3 quorn sausages, 2 bacon, tomato sauce (1 syn)
Snacks: another 6 chocolate rice cakes (15 syns), crackers (6 syns) and cottage cheese

So obviously a very bad day. Just really not feeling motivated at the minute, and I know it's emotional eating because 1) I wasn't even hungry 2) I didn't stop even if I felt sick and 3) I know I'm just lonely and sad. However, as everyone says, draw a line under it. I'm going to make myself mini goals for the day I think, that will break my week up. I feel like such an idiot for not even being able to stick to plan properly for 1 week, but as others have said changing habits of a lifetime doesn't change overnight - and in my case a few weeks.

Mini-goal: To stick to plan for entire day i.e. don't go over syns and lots of super free food. Wish me luck today.

Mini-goal completed: Stuck to plan 100% and didn't go over syns.

Breakfast: Muller light with bran flakes (HEXB) and frozen berries
Dinner: Ham salad with lettuce, pepper, sweetcorn and tomatoes. 1 apple
Snack: Banana, 2 alphen bars (6 syns)
Tea: Chicken with roast carrots and boiled veg. One muller light with Options (2 syns)
Snacks: Frozen grapes, 2 hot chocolates (4 syns)

So 12 syns for the day and feeling happy with that! Went to the gym as well to a really good pump class - the instructor is super hard and picked on me for having my weights too light (oops) but said I did really well and just need to push myself a bit more. Given me some motivation to carry on in the gym :)

Minigoal for tomorrow: Again, stick to the plan 100% before WI Wednesday morning. Try and drink 2l water.

Well done you on the pump class, I'm far too lazy for that sorta thing!!! Hope you've had another nice 100% day today xx

Back