Loved vs Hated Weightloss quotes and cliches

Loving this thread.

Hate
"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." Whoever thought of that one was nuts.
"Slow and steady wins the race." Ok so I know this is true but sometimes you just don't want to hear it.

Love
"Fridge pickers wear big knickers." Have this as a fridge magnet attached to my fridge.
"I never met a calorie I didn't like." Also on a fridge magnet.

I know it's not the original (which was glasses) but I hate

Guys don't make passes at girls with fat asses

Nearly knocked the f*cker out - he thought he was being funny as I was slim at the time (although I didn't think so at the time)

xx

I know alot of people hate it but i love " nothing tastes as good as slim feels"
I have a sign on my fridge saying " kitchen pickers wear bigger knickers"
I hate peoples comments like...
" oh i thought you were on a diet" when they see how much i eat.
and my mum asking"if i am eating properly?" when i tell her my weekly loss

hate
if you want to lose weight stay out of the fridge
losing weight is easy eat less

love
if at first you don't sucess try try try again
aim for the moon if you don't make it you will land amoung the stars

I saw one once on somebodys signature, not sure if it was on here or somewhere else but I like it.
"Losing weight is hard, being overweight is hard. Choose your hard."
I've put it in my own sig now! lol

Last edited:
I like "Never, never, never, never give up" by Winston Churchill. However, I doubt he was running a step class in the gym when he said that...!

Found this as well - made me laugh because of the person who said it:

"It's okay to be fat. So you're fat. Just be fat and shut up about it."
Roseanne Barr

Just thought of another one which really drives me MENTAL!!

'its so much easier to lose weight when your younger'

NO ITS BLUMMIN WELL NOT!!! lol im only 21 and i hate older people saying this to me as if my journey has been an easy ride, i just clicked my fingers and off the weight came!

Also now i think of it...

'Its puppy fat' - Really??? My mum says that mine is puppy fat all the time, its not puppy fat as i am not a puppy or, as it refers to, a child. It always seemed like i'd hit 18 and it'd all fall off cuz im not a 'puppy' nemore! If only!!

xx

I'm another hater of "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels" - that's not true. Cheese, chocolate and wine. There's three things there.

I also dislike "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips", cos it indicates that you'll never lose the weight, even if you try!

It is strange isn't it but I love the "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels. " because for me it is true and I would not give up how I feel even 2 stones away from goal.

I feel energised, active, fit and contented, and wait for it, normal. Not fat, not clumsy, not inferior and yes I did feel all those things before losing nearly 3 stones.

So no amount of any forbidden foods would be worth losing that for. I would not lose nearly 6 months hard work just for a moments brief pleasure.

I love that we are all so different and can discuss it without fear of upsetting each other. That's sooooooo good.

It is strange isn't it but I love the "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels. " because for me it is true and I would not give up how I feel even 2 stones away from goal.

I feel energised, active, fit and contented, and wait for it, normal. Not fat, not clumsy, not inferior and yes I did feel all those things before losing nearly 3 stones.

So no amount of any forbidden foods would be worth losing that for. I would not lose nearly 6 months hard work just for a moments brief pleasure.

I love that we are all so different and can discuss it without fear of upsetting each other. That's sooooooo good.

I dont love it but i dont hate it either.

Would it stop me from eating an indian? No - but it might stop me from eating as much as i would have done.

I agree, its nice to have a friendly debate :)

xx

Back