1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
900g butternut squash, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp chopped fresh sage
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 pints veg stock
400g can haricot beans, drained and rinsed
salt and black pepper to taste

Spray a large pan with spray oil and gently fry the onion, garlic, squash, sage and spices for 10 mins. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15mins. Blend half the soup until very smooth, then add back in with the chunky mixture and stir in the beans. Reheat until the beans are heated through and serve.

It's really nice!!

(we all make mistakes..... I got carried away with the cayenne pepper and put in 1 tablespoon in! Wow, it's certainly got a kick, but a spoonful of yoghurt calms it down!!)

yum yum thanks :) xx

I love butternut squash. I did a gorgeous soup over the weekend.

1 large butternut squash
2 orange/red pepper
4 cloves garlic
1 med onion
smoked paprika
vegetable stock cube

I roast the cubed squash, peppers, and garlic after sprinkling them liberally with paprika mixed herbs salt and pepper.

as that is finishing I saute the onions and then add the roasted veg mix to the pan.
in batches I blitz with a handblender and then put back in the pan with the stock cube and top up with water until it gets to a nice consistancy blitzing further if needed.

It is brill

Both sound lovely....will defo try them out !
Any idea on calories girls ? :)

sorry booboo!! It was emailed to me by my most recent WW leader, the recipe is 6propoints per serving, and the recipe makes 3 bowls. I'm not sure how propoints are calcuated, but I know that they don't use calories, think it's fat, fibre, protein and carbs.

no prob Passiflora its low fat thats what counts :) xxxx

Back