• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Extra Easy Lovely meal out at the Harvester

Hi all, my first time on this forum, think it will be really helpful in my weight loss journey. :) Ive just been for a lovely meal at the Harvester - had the salad, chicken breast and jacket spud (no butter), so all free on EE.....but, i did indulge in some BBQ sauce with my potato and some blue cheese dressing on my salad, how do I work out the syns on that? So far Ive had a great week, and only using 1/2 a syn a day, 1st weigh in Wednesday...fingers crossed!! ;)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Hi janny!

I love the Harvester too and you can have some great SW friendly meals there. I am a sucker for their bread rolls though!

Good luck for your 1st WI.

Cheers for your reply, am really enjoying SW, especially after 8 weeks on Lighter life, it is grat to be able to eat so much fruit and veg (wouldnt have said that 8 weeks ago!!). Do you think 10 syns will cover the blue cheese dressing / BBQ sauce I had at the Harvester???

suepat10

I am one of the 63336
S: 20st3lb C: 20st3lb G: 12st7lb BMI: 44.3 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Welcome to the forum and well done on you weight loss.

Could I suggest upping your syns a little. At the moment if your weight loss plateaus, you don't have anything to cut back on to 'kick start' it xx

The 'simply chicken' at harvesters is the perfect extra easy choice. If i go there I don't even let myself look at the menu now. And it lovely as well isn't it. I had bbq sauce on my potato also!!

Ossireo

G: 11st0lb
Do you think 10 syns will cover the blue cheese dressing / BBQ sauce I had at the Harvester???
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Basic/Non Branded Foods
Dressing, Blue cheese dressing 1 level tbsp
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT] Original 3½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT] Green 3½ Syns
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Basic/Non Branded Foods
Dip, Barbecue dip 1 level tbsp
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT] Original 2 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT] Green 2 Syns
[/FONT]​

I think you should be ok. I agree with the others in that you need to at least have 5 syns a day as they all make up the science that makes SW work :)

Thanks for info, useful to know, as sauces is one of my downfalls. :( have eaten 11 syns so far today - had a sainsbury's chunky soup - couldnt believe the syns once i'd checked it.

The Maid

G: 10st3lb
Soup and syns

Hi, my advice re. soup is always make your own to control the no. of syns. There are lots of good SW recipes. My husband has a great Sweet Potato soup recipe which fits into the Extra Easy plan. I find it great if I have sweet cravings too.

3 times sweet potato to 1 of potato
to 1 of onion (so you can vary how much soup you wish to make at a time), roughly chopped

1 chicken oxo cube or use chicken bovril

Garlic optional

Boiling water

Bring back to the boil and simmer for approx. 30 minutes

It may take trial & error to get the consistency you like. This soup keeps well in the fridge. It is also a great soup to take in a flask on a day out. I have Finn Crisp rye crispbread with mine, 5 are a HEx on extra easy or 1 syn each.

Enjoy!

Last edited: