Lovely Thoughts to you all

I had a lovely email off my Dad today (he lives in the USA)
and the sentiments othe last bit that he'd quoted realyl struck a chord. Thought I'd share it with you as maybe we all need a little bit of Mammas and Pappas in our souls and find our roads to happiness! ;)

"You gotta go where you wanna go
Do what you wanna do
With whoever you wanna do it with"

Freedom. Choice. These are two of the main tenets of the sixties philosophy. Life is about possibilities. I'm not telling you to drop out of college, or get a divorce. Education and commitment are important. But you mustn't sacrifice your inner spark. You've got to take chances. You've got to break the rules. You've got to listen to your heart, do more of what you WANT to do than what you SHOULD do. That's the road to happiness. And, if you ever become confused, unsure if you've taken the right direction, fearful of the future, just put on some Mamas & the Papas music, it will inspire you, it will get you through. Hell, it helped birth an entire GENERATION of truth and joy seekers. And truth and joy are a whole hell of a lot more important to the core of man than the uptight bellicose practices of those in power today.

Ahhh, that's lovely...and so true

You've got to break the rules.

Especially this bit. Right up my alley :D

Back