Total Solution Low BP & Dizziness :-(

ButtonsTheSuperCat

Silver Member
When I'm fat, my blood pressure is perfectly normal. When I lose weight it plummets, don't know why. Doc doesn't seem interested. So now I'm working my way towards my third stone, here I am feeling dizzy and horrible again. I drink plenty, at least 4L a day, and really don't fancy adding salt to my diet (the docs recommendation) whilst I'm on these sachets. Anyone got any ideas what I can do to help myself? (Without resorting to meds.)

Salt really is the key, I have low blood pressure just sort of... permanently. :p

It's kind of gross but eating some salt on its own does help a bit, or adding it to the savory packs. I use sea salt since it seems to have a milder flavor. Sometimes just taking some and putting it under your tongue is good enough, as far as I can tell it's not enough to cause water retention or anything.

I feel pretty bad on this diet & I'm only on day 6, I can feel that my BP is a lot lower than normal & I can't really find a way to keep it up in a normal range in any way, I think you either have to plod on through and feel rubbish or maybe try going up the plan a bit & add a low carb meal, even just a few times a week? It might help a bit.

I hope it passes for you! x

Low BP & Dizziness :-(

Thanks 12, I'll try the salt. Maybe that is all I can do. If I remember from previous health kicks, exercise helped, but I'm not that fit again yet! Oh well, at least it's an excuse to sit down at work! Hope you're ok with your low BP too hon. x

A couple of cups of Bouillon per day ( not the low sodium one), also 4L a day is a lot of water if thats on top of shakes etc then you might want to actually cut that a bit, chances are you're washing all your salts out faster than you're putting them in

A couple of cups of Bouillon per day ( not the low sodium one), also 4L a day is a lot of water if thats on top of shakes etc then you might want to actually cut that a bit, chances are you're washing all your salts out faster than you're putting them in

Great idea. Thank you Lanark Witch. I will def try that and cut back my water a little bit.

Did the extra salt work buttons ? :)

I'm my sure if its more the salt or the cooler day, but its certainly been better today. (put salt in the soups, yet to try bouillon, need to buy some but I'd imagine it'll taste a bit better!)

Back