Low BP - SCAN PICCIE!!!

Oh no.. not riding now! lol
I was due to get back in the saddle the day before I did my pregnancy test.. it's WHY I did my pregnancy test when I did 'in case'.
I haven't ridden since doing my back in.. can't wait till next spring when I can get back in the saddle again I miss it terribly.
Ouch at your fall - have been lucky when jumping only fallen once on a cob who tripped after landing - xc jump. Shame as we jumped it well! lol
The same cob was the nightmare loan I had who threw me last year. I had to return him after that as he was a 'spinner' and started spooking and taking off with me too. Once my back had gone I couldn't do enough for him - he was re-schooled and sold on to a lovely lady I heard later on so all was not lost.
I've a new forest 3 year old now who I'll be backing next year all going well. Though a lot of it is already done I'll get a a riding instructor to start him off in January then get going once I've got him a saddle for spring.

Lol i know hun, i just imagined u at 9 months wobbling about haha

Yeah mine was a Cob too, dont have him anymore sadly, became to much as i had to get a job working shifts broke my heart, but i still see him everymorning when i go on the motorway!! (hes in a feild below it - not abandoned haha)

Dont think i will bother getting another, i remeber the trouble trying to back and break blue, almost broke me haha spent more time on the floor as he used to sit down would you believe!!

anyways let me know how u get on with this new one, baby will be fascinated!

Kirst i always wanted my kids riding, i love it so much, just depeneds if they are interested!! and also my old school was £17 per hour so maybe depend on cost too hahaah

xxx

aww that's lovely you still see your old cob! We sold a section A we had for the girls, Erin was main rider and went off riding - with my back I couldn't keep him fit and he's prone to being a porker. lol

The girls both sit on Thunder, and hope that they'll ride him - I plan to have stirrup leathers etc for them to adjust my saddle. :D LO loves horses and mucking out would you believe! lol It's a family effort when we all go up to muck out everyone has a favourite chore so the work is done in a fraction of the time! lol

Will be interesting next year to see how he comes on.

Riding lesson aren't cheap but are great fun - Erin can ride quite nicely now but hasn't got the courage for much more so is happy to know she can ride when she has a hack now and then like on school trips etc. She has said she'll hack Thunder and ride out with me on a hack with the country park sometime too so all is not lost. :)

I used to ride too - at one point (when I finished my nursing training far far far too many years ago!) I took a couple of years out and worked as a riding instructor, I was going for my stage 3 when I came back into nursing! I loved it, spend over 20 hours every week in the saddle and as the yard I worked at was a stage 3 examiniation centre for the BHS we had some amazing amazing horses there and we'd also get one of the senior examiners coming down to give us a lesson every week which was a real privalidge!

I don't ride at all now, I ruputred 2 ligaments in my knee and have so far managed to get away without a repair (despite my knee giving way occasionally with no warning it's otherwise not too bad!) but that does mean I can't ride, oh well!!

Thats such a shame that you can't ride now, but avoiding surgery is key I guess. Though you COULD drive ;) I did think of this as an option with Thunder last year when my back was bad. Access locally isn't great, but there is a driving 'school' not too far from me, may still have a go for a giggle sometime.

I haven't driven in years, we had a wonderful pony who we taught to go in a trap, was a project at the yard for us! He loved it!!

sounds lovely :D

Back