Low Cal Breakfast

Lil Miss Sunshine

WE can do this :)
Anyone have any good filling low fat breakfasts? I do not like porridge and I wouldnt have time to have a healthy fry with tomatoes, mushrooms etc

Eggs :) takes two mins to scramble a couple and you can throw some mushrooms or ham in if you like. Micro half a tin of chopped tomatoes while the eggs are scrambling and voila. Takes less than ten minutes to prepare.

Legomom said:
Eggs :) takes two mins to scramble a couple and you can throw some mushrooms or ham in if you like. Micro half a tin of chopped tomatoes while the eggs are scrambling and voila. Takes less than ten minutes to prepare.

This sounds nice, i shall give this a go!

thanks everyone, Eggs give me lumps down side of neck and face wish to god i could eat them i love them. Ill try the peanut butter and wholemeal bread sounds lovely thanks again xx
oh which brand of bread would you recommend xx

2scrambled eggs take less than 2 mins in the microwave!

i use warburton's wholemeal, the slices are smaller but cos they are wholemeal they fill you up more and they are only 58 calories a slice

sweet-like-coco said:
Hovis are good for low calorie options although nimble is their lowest but to me it feels like you are eating air!

They must beat that bread with in an inch of its life to get this so airy fairy lol...I like the Hovis Wheatgerm 400g. Its only 56 cals per slice....

This is the one I've settled on.

I tried loads and felt like I was eating nothing and didn't touch the sides.

Yeah I agree :) Even though the slices are smaller than regular bread I still feel like I am eating a normal-sized sandwich. very handy!

I really like Roberts oatmeal bread. It's chunkier so basically like normal bread and at 70 cals a slice it makes a better sandwich than the warbys wholemeal. Tesco do it in the half loaves too which is handy if you don't eat much!!

Peanut butter on toast is fab but try adding some thin crunchy apple slices on top!! It's well worth the few extra cals!!

I have fat free yogurt and a banana, about 125 calories, but I'm not great at eating heavy things in the morning :)

Thanks for all the tips on wholegrain bread, was in the supermarket the other day and it was all greek to me!

bran flakes or a a bran cereal that is low is cals/sugar. Weetbix are good and filling. Banana on toast (though I like this with a bit of nutella, not low in cals but yum lol).

Fat free natural yoghurt, topped with fresh fruit or frozen berries (add a little sweetner if you need to sweeten it a bit) I also add some bran flakes on top, for a crunch.

Or canned whole tomatoes on wholemeal toast.

Back